Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS-Modular Map Expansion - PART 12  (Read 12520 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
SAS-Modular Map Expansion - PART 12
« on: July 04, 2015, 11:08:27 PM »

SAS-Modular Map Expansion - PART TWELVE

SAS-MME12.RAR

INSTALL NOTES:
REMEMBER TO JSGME DISABLE JSGME DEF-SKIES OPTION (IF ACTIVE) BEFORE INSTALL

Simply UnZIP/UnRAR all contents directly to your main Il2 Directory and allow overwrite when prompted.

Comprises improved/additional textures.
Object updates and new Static.INI for all CUP modules.

Constructed to function properly with PAL's MissionPRO Combo (JSGME enabled and included in CUP); the CUP Maplist is divided regionally and alphabetically with detailed credits and consistent labelling.  These features are added to make life easier for FMB Mission Builders and many of the very best Mission Builders and Il2 Map Makers have worked on its design.

NEW CONTENT:

Palua (REDKO) Finally sorted out with all the proper textures, a classic
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,6146.0.html

Thanks to Deci and Griphon for helping to fix the texture pathways here.  Finally Redko's beautiful map looks and works as it should.

MideastBIG v2.00final by Nounette.rar
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16061.0.html

Repaint of Mideast objects + shadows added Uufflakke
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,45395.msg508306.html#msg508306

MideastBIG V2 adds a ton of authentically placed airfields and faithfully populates this huge region.  Nounette's excellent map is even further enhanced by Ufflake's texture and shadow upgrades for the Middle East buildings package.

CRETE (High Resolution 2048x2048) Uufflakke
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,41447.0.html

Uuff_Crete-with 4 RL located jet airbases SAS~Tom2
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,46045.0.html

The High-res treatment, by Ufflake, for VKG's Crete, looks incredibly sharp and clear.  Packed into SFS results in no impact on framerates.  Tom2 adds a second version we call 'Crete Jet Age'.  This map adds several modern airbases to the region, making it perfect for modern jet training scenarios.

PNG UPDATES
The latest updates from the superb PNG Project...

Maps from TD413
Tobruk
Slovakia Autumn

DOWNLOAD SAS-MME12.RAR
https://www.mediafire.com/?p6mfne7icvk2xs9

SAS~Monty27

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
Re: SAS-Modular Map Expansion - PART TWELVE - SASMME12
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 04:22:40 AM »

Wow, updating CUP is starting to look like work  :) Do you ever sleep Monty? No matter what; thanks a lot for all your effort

Forager

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 06:32:19 AM »

This and the other 3 additions are much appreciated.

Thanks to all involved and special THANKS to You,  SAS~Monty27, for all the time and effort to put these packages together for us..

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 07:57:22 AM »

Wow, updating CUP is starting to look like work  :) Do you ever sleep Monty? No matter what; thanks a lot for all your effort

Its fun, a lot of us do the work together, and the key is to keep it organised.  I actually had a week downtime because of a busted phoneline.  But this weekend has been good!  ;D

MR_G

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 01:18:07 PM »

Great. I had already added the Fw_PNG map and  redko_palau maps the old fashioned way, but I can now take them out, to rely on the sfs way.
Almost forgot that I can now take out the _Tex items that I had to add to make them work.
My CUP is now back to "Clean".

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 09:35:31 AM »

Simon, redko´s Palau map still has a problem...there is trees in the water in the sea inlet towards the famous airstrip..they are even visible on your screenie;
I think I read that you got rid of them; its not a big issue but then again, if you got them removed already :)
those water buffaloes might get around easier then :)

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 05:19:09 PM »

actually those trees in the water are put there by redko on purpose.

he used this method to mimic mangrove swamp area or something like that. the water was all overgrown with stuff in those jungle regions.

he described this in one of the postings in the original redko_palau map thread. he did offer an optional download with the cleaned up and removed trees, but didn't add this to the first posting.. its somewere around. page 6? i forgot. so lazy :D

ol' Navy

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 06:26:31 PM »

Palua (REDKO) Finally sorted out with all the proper textures, a classic
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,6146.0.html

Thanks to Deci and Griphon for helping to fix the texture pathways here.  Finally Redko's beautiful map looks and works as it should.

I still can't get that thing to work (Palau (redko))  I did notice the link to the original post.  Does that mean that we need to download the files from there and then install it ourselves (or attempt to), _Tex file and all?  Sorry for my not "getting it".  And also, there was a reply recently about a glitch in the all.ini that the little _ should be removed.  That didn't help me either.  Thank you.

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 11:40:30 PM »

hey ol' Navy,

on a clean installation of cup updated up to this new maps part 12 (and just to be sure, WAW part 12), the redko palau map should now work properly without any other patches/fixes.

i just checked again, yes, works like monty presented. basically the mapsmod/maps folder is now empty (with the exception of the all.ini) file, if you have not acitvated any JSGME optional sky mods... because all the fixed maps are now in the SFS files hidden in the archives.

if it still doesn't work properly for you... i am afraid there might be something wrong with your cup installation. i saw that you had problems in another thread, i really hope you can get it to work properly again soon, but theres not much direct help i can offer on this specific topic now.

Draken

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 01:10:34 PM »

Thanks !
What are the hashes of this file , please ?

ol' Navy

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 05:11:52 PM »

hey ol' Navy,

on a clean installation of cup updated up to this new maps part 12 (and just to be sure, WAW part 12), the redko palau map should now work properly without any other patches/fixes.

i just checked again, yes, works like monty presented. basically the mapsmod/maps folder is now empty (with the exception of the all.ini) file, if you have not acitvated any JSGME optional sky mods... because all the fixed maps are now in the SFS files hidden in the archives.

if it still doesn't work properly for you... i am afraid there might be something wrong with your cup installation. i saw that you had problems in another thread, i really hope you can get it to work properly again soon, but theres not much direct help i can offer on this specific topic now.

Decipher, thanks.  Heck, I always have some sort of problem or the other.  But I do notice now, in and after my attempted re install, my Maps folder has some stuff in it besides the all.ini.  Obviously I screwed something up when I went through the process, but I am gonna work on it later this evening.  I'm always skeptical of my abilities to do such, but I just keep on hoping.  One of these days maybe I'll get lucky and can quit embarrassing myself here in the forum.  Thanks again for your advice.

creature

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 12:04:26 PM »

One of these days maybe I'll get lucky and can quit embarrassing myself here in the forum.  Thanks again for your advice.

ol' Navy:

LOL, don't worry about embarrassing yourself, we all do it sooner or later.  I have a suggestion for you.  As I recall you have the hard drive space, so keep two copies of CUP on it (you can name it something like CUP1, CUP2) and use one as a test and do whatever you want to it.  Don't worry about screwing it up because the way monty designed all this, it would be an easy reinstall.  Wouldn't take a lot of time.  So have fun with it.  Sometimes the best way to learn is to screw it up :) 

c
"Can you put that in Captain dummy Talk"  Capt Malcom Reynolds // no sim pilots=no one to fly modded planes//no modders =no modded planes to fly
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 26 queries.