Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A dummie's question-not sure it should be CUP  (Read 467 times)

ol' Navy

A dummie's question-not sure it should be CUP
« on: June 24, 2015, 02:28:28 PM »

You here in this forum have always been really good about listening to my troubles and helping me out and I consider y'all to be kinda my friends.  I have another one now, and if I should place it somewhere else tell me and I will gladly do it.  I guess I am primarily looking for help as well as sympathy :).  Anyway, I have had my present joystick for a long, long time.  It is a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 model.  First, some time back a couple of the buttons stopped working, now the whole thing has fallen apart.  Went to Amazon and got another (Thrustmaster).  I don't know if it is any good or not but.....when I hooked it up to my PC all my stuff seems haywire.  Throttle is backwards, I can't keep my aircraft from rolling to port and crashing, etc.  I'm pretty certain that the problem isn't IL2 or CUP.  I think my main difficulty is that I had my joystick settings from back in '04 far as I can tell (when I was the ripe age of 61 yrs), and I never changed them.  Now they are gone I think.  What I am asking, would a couple of you tell me what your slider settings are in Setup and let me try them?  And, while you are at it, what does "Symmetrical" do in the Setup screen?  And the filtering thing and deadband?  Do I need to worry about those?  Well, that is my sad story.  If this should be moved someplace else I'll try that.  I'm just looking for help.  I don't play the game so well any more, but this is really making it tough.  Thank you for any help and advice, as always. 

decipher

• Missioneer
Re: A dummie's question-not sure it should be CUP
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 11:57:05 PM »

hey there!

have you calibrated the new joystick in your windows settings? to make sure its installed correctly and everything. as vpmedia said, you can find that in the windows settings somewhere round game controllers. i don't know the exact words, my windows is not in english :-/

if that is the case and it still is messed up in il-2 , then you probably will have to redo all your assignments in il-2. the new joystick probably has the buttons differently "numbered" and the axes might be mismatched.

quick info on the settings:
filtering= the movement of your joystick on the selected axis is kind of smoothed out (and also slower in reaction!) translated to the actual in-game controls
deadband = also called deadzone. the movement of your joystick will not affect the aircraft controls "in" the deadzone. use it if your joystick is too sensitive in the center.
symetrical= i THINK it is set to ON for normal axis like your flight stick aileron and elevators, and set to OFF for slider axis, like .. throttle, propellor pitch, thrust. etc.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.011 seconds with 27 queries.