Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Troubleshooting - When your CUP installation-load stops by 95%  (Read 9132 times)

Vitamine!

• Flying Ass Clown #6

Hi,

I saw that some of you run into an install-problem with CUP. After installing, the game won't load and freezes by 95%.

One day before yesterday - as I came back to SAS - and installed the tremenduous CUP Modification, I ran into the same problem.

At installation guide, it is told to unpack the packages of the modules directly to the main game folder of Il-2 Sturmovik 1945, after installation of the basic Modact 5.3.

But this will cause this problem!

You have to do the following procedure:

Unpack the several parts of the moduls at the same folder where you have your .rar files. For example it will be the very first part of the whole CUP Installation, called ~ SAS MME01 ~.
Then you have to go IN that folder! and copy/paste that content at the main game folder, for example c:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Il-2 Sturmovik 1946\
You have to do the same with all parts of all modules.

(Of course, say YES to overwrite, when prompted)

After that, you can load CUP without trouble. :)

Best regards
Vitamine

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
Re: Troubleshooting - When your CUP installation-load stops by 95%
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »

thanks to Vitamine! for putting this together!
might be helpful for some of the new guys here :)

trowaaro666

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 12:52:02 PM »

Thank you! :)

blackshark

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 04:18:31 AM »

my procedure:
- i downloaded everything (maps+waw)
- i moved the .rar(s) to the "Il-2 Sturmovik 1946" directory
- i extracted there, one after the other, all the .rar(s) with "overwrite all"
- after the installation, i deleted the .rar files

it works fine (except "flyby"  :()

just to be sure ... is my procedure correct ?

Vitamine!

• Flying Ass Clown #6
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 09:43:51 AM »

"No Flyby only" is usually not caused by an installation issue. Show the logfile, like Monty and others said.

Your procedure - like you mentioned - should cause 95% freeze, by loading the game.

Reason: You download maps-module first:  SAS-MM01.rar, SAS-MM02.rar, and so on ... After extraction you will have that .rar files AND extracted SAS-MM01, etc. folders. The game will not ask you overwriting, because modact has not such folders, like you extracted.
But IN that folders, that content you should put in your "Il-2 Sturmovik 1946" directory. And do not forget: in WAW extracted folders is a new selector.exe. You should put a link to desktop. And delete the previous one. In any case!

Eividas

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 01:02:43 PM »

I downloaded everything and installed everything and everything works except world at war stuff it loads and stops at 70%. Can anyone help?

dhasdell

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 11:03:34 AM »

Oh dear - another thread, another problem.  :(

I downloaded all 12 parts of C.U.P. Module 01 and extracted them directly into my IL-2 1946 root folder. Loading stalled at 95% and I found this thread. I followed, as I thought, Vitamine's instructions and extracted all 12 rars into my downloads folder, then dragged and dropped the resulting 6 folders (#DOF, #JTW, #WAW, bin, JSGMEMODS, and SFS_MAPS ) and the 2 files (IL-2 Selector and il2fb.ini) into the root folder, but it still stalls at 95% when loading as WAW. When I use the selector to return to 4.12.2 with Modact 5.3 it runs, though obviously without the CUP maps.

What have I missed, please?

David
Rats! Why doesn't anything work first time?

larschance

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 04:15:37 AM »

I found the upload stops at 70pc when I try to load without the cup modules so is the problem with modact5.3?

edc1

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 07:48:46 AM »

If you read and do exactly as Montys Step by Step procedure here
you will have no problem with CTD,s at all.
Just  read  and do step by step Works eveytime.
Cheers edc1 (stan)

elcabron96

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 12:06:37 PM »

I followed the step by step procedure and ended up with a stop at 95% for WAW. It says that before installing P12B you have rem out the #WAW directory (actually it says  same thread as pt12 where this is mentioned). I then took out the latest #WAW and un remmed the previous one. Then I had normal start up.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 12:59:51 PM »

if that is the case, you did something wrong with the base installation!
I just redid a complete stuck CUP installation a few days ago and had no such problems whatsoever....so maybe try and reinstall again following instructions to the letter and also heed the advice of Vitamine given in this thread...

Vitamine!

• Flying Ass Clown #6
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 07:49:47 AM »

Sorry for late reply!!

So, please read my explanation carefully on the top of the page! If you exactly do what I say there, you will not experience any problems. If a 95% crash still exist, delete all and go with concentration through the installation process.

@dhasdell

Quote from: dhasdell
I downloaded all 12 parts of C.U.P. Module 01 and extracted them directly into my IL-2 1946 root folder. Loading stalled at 95% and I found this thread. I followed, as I thought, Vitamine's instructions and extracted all 12 rars into my downloads folder, then dragged and dropped the resulting 6 folders (#DOF, #JTW, #WAW, bin, JSGMEMODS, and SFS_MAPS ) and the 2 files (IL-2 Selector and il2fb.ini) into the root folder, but it still stalls at 95% when loading as WAW. When I use the selector to return to 4.12.2 with Modact 5.3 it runs, though obviously without the CUP maps.

You forgot to make a new desktop-icon for the new Il-2 selector. That is the problem ;)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 23 queries.