Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Essex Angled Deck Carrier  (Read 44881 times)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
Re: Essex Angled Deck Carrier
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2015, 07:05:24 AM »

Congrats to your work, karla!  :)

Boosh

• Not quite the champ...
  • Not quite the champ...
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2015, 05:47:49 PM »

I'm crying with happiness.

halim_PapaKilo

• Foamers, Aviation & History Entushiast
  • Aint that a kick in the head
    • Personal Sanctuary
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2015, 12:57:52 PM »

got a 70% CTD and almost despair to figure out where's the error. i almost decide to reinstall my IL-2 1946 when i realize................

i forgot to put the BHR's ship.ini parameters to the IL-2's ship.ini  :P  :P  :P  :P

shame on me, and Thank you for this Marvelous Aircraft Carrier!  ;D
Thou Shalt Not Despair

deSAD

• aviaskins.com
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2015, 04:59:11 AM »

And how about this?..
FEATURES
Highly detailed model with high resolution, weathered texturing. Among other things it has: detailed flight deck crew, alternative low resolution crew, flight deck vehicles, fully modelled animated radar mast, alternative aircraft parking, optional replenish at sea, optional elevator positions, sponsons equipments details, extensive railing, whalers, optional night deck lighting, curved deck antennae, jet blast deflectors and more.
As I understand it, the possibility of lighting the deck is not implemented in the published version? Why is that?

Thx.

duffys tavern

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 09:42:52 AM »

4.12/5.3
Have her installed, version: 150523. She works fine.
To install the, updated version, the one with "jet blast deflectors": 150731, Do I need to re-install all the "ship.ini", "chief.ini", "stationary.ini"
or just the ship itself, "USSBonHommeRichardCVA31_1965"? I want to do this right. Any help appreciated.

karla

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2015, 03:27:12 PM »

@deSAD - night lighting is included with all versions. You have to rename, altogether, twelve .msh files in the carrier folder. See the readme.txt file section "OTHER" near the end. Unfortunately, I didn't have the expertise to exploit IL-2 shining lights so I modelled basic plane surfaces and used modified texture settings to give an acceptable level of emission. I don't think anyone has modelled proper lights on moving ships yet.

@duffys tavern - version 150819 is the latest with minor texture rendering fixes. You can just replace the "USSBonHommeRichardCVA31_1965" folder with either 150731 or 150819 versions and keep the old .ini files.

Thanks to everyone for the interest.

deSAD

• aviaskins.com
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2015, 02:56:21 AM »

@deSAD - night lighting is included with all versions. You have to rename, altogether, twelve .msh files in the carrier folder. See the readme.txt file section "OTHER" near the end.
Oh ... forgive me for my inattention :-[

Unfortunately, I didn't have the expertise to exploit IL-2 shining lights so I modelled basic plane surfaces and used modified texture settings to give an acceptable level of emission. I don't think anyone has modelled proper lights on moving ships yet.
Oh yeah! Let me once again thank you for your work :)

@duffys tavern - version 150819 is the latest with minor texture rendering fixes.
Version 150819? And where it can be found? In the first report about it it does not mention anything :-\
VERSION HISTORY
version 150731 - JBD fix
version 150526 - minor corrections
version 150523 - initial release

DOWNLOAD
MediaFire https://www.mediafire.com/download/o30y1qn755e27gj/USSBonHommeRichardCVA31_1965_v150731.zip

EDITED
0801 JBD fix
0526 minor
0524 JBD ambiguity
0523 release

karla

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2015, 02:31:19 PM »

@deSAD - you are correct. Version 150731 is the latest version.
Version 150819 is sat on my PC and not uploaded because I found that the textures were still subject to lighting direction (see https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,44899.0.html). I am possibly going to fix it in a week or two. Apologies for my mistake and thanks for your appreciation.

karla

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2015, 02:30:13 PM »

I found that the textures were still subject to lighting direction .... I am possibly going to fix it in a week or two

I have run into the same problems again trying to fix the rendering of textures. Export from Blender into GMax and thence to IL-2 creates different sized, different height, 90 degree clockwise-orientated dis-jointed parts. The whole assembled Blender model and the whole GMax model each looked acceptable and were orientated in the correct direction. I struggled for weeks with this (mesh conversion) last year and I simply haven't the time to investigate. If someone wishes to pick up the Blender file and work on that, they're welcome. The GMax model does not have the relevant LODs, collisions and shadows. As I said, the problem was discussed here https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,44899.0.html

I will leave Bonny Dick as she is.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2015, 02:59:40 PM »

Oh... Do you use GMAX for exporting msh ?
If so .... that shading problem can be solved.

In GMAX/3ds Max, Rotating information in each objects are memorized by those "XForm" data and the normals made in the time of exporting are calculated by that XForm data.
When we rotate the object in GMAX/3ds MAX, the normals are made by the first direction referring XForm and it makes shading problem in IL-2 1946.
Before exporting, once disconnect all the objects trees and make "XForm Reset" to all the objects and "Collapse" all the modifiers.
After it, needed rotating information are lost. We have to remake each objects' rotating by editing their Pivot rotating. And also connecting trees.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2015, 03:37:15 AM »

I am confused here.

In the tags it says that this mod should be compatible with 4.10 (4.09, 4.10, 4.11, 4.12). But is it really?

But in the first line of Install instructions it says:
"1) First, ensure that IL-2 is running and ready under 4.12.2m. That is, Modact, Engine MOD and Common Utilities are installed."

Now what is it???

(installing ships is a pain in the ass as it is and I don't want to screw up my install and waste a lot of time tinkering with all the additional packs requested here that are clearly labelled 4.12 stuff, when there's no chance to get it to work.)

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2015, 04:12:09 AM »

I think only 4.12.2m with SAS Common Utils, SAS Engine MOD + latest western patch, Ship Extensions MOD are needed.

Because of Jet Blast Deflector visual was added and its working is programmed only in above environment.

The title tags maybe wrong, today.
(The first version without JBD was all versions compatible ?)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 24 queries.