Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tom's small cockpit mods 4.12.2/4.09, PA_Jeronimo involved heavily  (Read 42422 times)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
Re: Tom's small cockpit mods 4.12.2/4.09, PA_Jeronimo involved heavily
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2016, 07:19:45 AM »

Hello Max, the Sabres were just a repuload, the nice textures are mostly by cromhunt.
My part was positioning on the mirror (atm again WIP  ;), found a cooler size!) and the night gauges as well as a few tint changes and the reflection.
For other pits:
Unfortunately atm I am completely out of inspiration due to RL stress.  :(
But I have one project in mind for the racers if two gents on this forum (boss and da Jero) are willing to cooperate on the more work intense parts aka FM and 3D. o_O

THAT would be my last idea, but I also got the word from another modder to retune the F-80 cockpit for better textures, that would totally rock, yet I did not hear from him in months. :P

In case the P-47s and FW-190s get a 3D magic fix one of these days or within the next years, those would be my dream candidates for a front glass tint.
The funny thing is the P-47s have the perfect FM now thanks to we know whom (SAS~Storebror) and the P-51s by now relatively nice pit choices but still a rather basic FM in my humble opi. Would love to see them early Mustangs A-C one of the years get the full power.

....that is it...
 ;D ;)  :o

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2016, 02:19:08 PM »

In hope the Mustangs get a FM overhaul one day by a pro I decided to add the Mustang D models to my section of to be modded planes. P-51D cockpit panorama anyone?
 :P

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2016, 03:35:22 PM »

In hope the Mustangs get a FM overhaul one day by a pro I decided to add the Mustang D models to my section of to be modded planes. P-51D cockpit panorama anyone?
 :P

Good news, thank you.

Are you asking for a Cocpkit panorama from inside a P-51D ?
I may be able to find some on the web....

http://www.stclairphoto-imaging.com/360/P51-Mustang/P51_swf.html
-
http://www.airspacemag.com/panoramas/p-51d-mustang-dakota-kid-ii-180954045/

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2016, 05:14:45 PM »

Thanks mate.  ;) :)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2016, 06:15:47 PM »

P-51Ds.

This is not entirely new, but retuned.
For now only the 4.12.2 P-51d-20(k14) version for the 4.12.2 P-51D-20NA.

As soon as I figure out my old 4.09m UP 2.01 install again, I will add the other versions, except the early P-51D-5NA. That one had the N-9 gunsight and is something for a later attempt maybe.

This here focusses on getting one version airborne, if you want to apply this one to others, here is what you can do:
The following names I have:
P-51d-20(k14)   THIS ONE

F-51D-30(K14)
P-51D-25(K14)
P-51D-20NT(K14)
P-51D-30(K14)

If you create folders with these names inside this mod's 3Do/Cockpit folder and copy the files from this upload (Mesh, mat and tgas) in these, you may have your other planes fitted.

The screens do not contain the armor glass and K-14 tex options.
You will find these inside the mod folder.
Also readme and credits there. ;)

Here you go....

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8tadp1l4n659541/P-51Dcockpit+modV2.rar

Credit to cromhunt, PA_Jeronimo, bolox and Freddy/F_Red. :P

Optionally, you can open the following file:
glass.mat

and change its values to
ColorScale 1.0 1.0 1.0 0.45 //0.25
The last number is the saturation, you can play with it, it is for the canopy reflection saturation.

hope you like..

Important: Those who downloaded before 03.00 AM GMT +1, download again, changed the front armor glass tint slightly.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2016, 06:42:51 PM »

PS:
For the K-14 gunsight: I came across an interisting article, revealing that a field mod focussed on getting this apparture foward in the cockpit by cutting inside the front panel frame to move the K-14 forward, so it was less prone to injure the pilot and be in the way. That of course moved the device further away from the pilot POV...so you can say the smaller K-14 in the stock IL-2 pit is not unrealistic by default.

"..Anyway, according to Bud Anderson, it was common practice, in the field, to remove the K-14 and bracket, and cut into the top center of the instrument panel shroud, by about 3-inches forward, and cut-up and re-fix the gun sight mount, so that the K-14 was now positioned several inches further forward, so that it was no longer so much in the pilot's face..."

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?67911-OT-P-51D-Cockpit-Progression-Walk-Through

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2016, 06:54:13 AM »

Mig-21MF cockpit mod for reflections:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wh879wv92842fnr/Migs.rar
Not to worry, this comes in 4 versions to chose from, I tested very hard where and how to place the true panorama image correctly on the reflection tex and it turned out to be literally impossible due to the nature given on the file itself.
The only halfway working (as for fit on the 3D canopy model) alternative was placing it in a 45-50 degree offset, everything else looked plain stupid.

Also there is a reason I gave several strengths and options: The nature of the image will prevent the reflection from being different from left to right, which is bearable in so far as the entire front panel and sides will be mirrired on each side, trust me, it was not doable
in another way without going into a new layer or 3D mods.
I very much like the result, especially on the softer versions, but added 2 strong versions and one medium, one of these 4 is with a slightly different modelled area for the reflection.

Maybe in the future more on this mod, I found a funny alternative way of playing with the front panel colours.

If you find a given reflection too heavy, you can open the mat file (glass.mat in the MF cockpit) and change
its saturation value...if you do not know what I am talking about, leave it..;)

Readme inside...
Your chosen version goes into:

#SAS\00_MiG-21_Pack\3do\Cockpit

You need this pack, of course:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,48609.0.html

Softer

Last edited, stronger version

Chrs

Tom

taskf53

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2016, 10:45:29 AM »

Great, thanks. :)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2017, 02:46:50 PM »

https://www.mediafire.com/file/azn6gvc86utgzle/%21_Corsair_Cockpit_Fix1.rar

For those who have the Corsair pit from page 5, here a very minor update to the Corsair black F4U-1A cockpit. SImply made a different mat file the default for canopy reflection and minor"ly" (aka slightly ;) ) edited the glass.tga.
Plus edited the side strut etc. default colour.

The other options at page 5, and I will try to bring order into this thread these days, hard to organize but doable.

Chrs

Tom

karo

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2017, 05:18:33 AM »

Hi Tom! You do a great work with the cockpit glass. I enjoy it a lot. I would like to ask you to take a closer look at the cockpit of MiG-15/17... When I fly it, I've got a feeling that there is no galss in the cockpit at all :( Maybe you can fix it somehow ;)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2017, 06:33:59 AM »

I'd like to do it but I lack the 3D "from scratch" skills to finish such a mod aka create a new texture on the 3D model from scratch.
Unfortunately I have not received help here and abandoned the idea.
I would need someone to assign a combined reflection set. The only one who might help me there is a gent who only flies a 4.08 version and thus not a Mig-15/17.  :D
Sorry for that. ;)
If you read around the past pages you find my request for exactly that tex help. :)

karo

« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2017, 06:39:56 AM »

OK, I understand... So maybe you could do a new canopy glass for Tempest? Please :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 28 queries.