Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MazeDogfight  (Read 2057 times)

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
MazeDogfight
« on: May 18, 2015, 07:00:23 AM »

Hello everyone!

I made a new mission, called "MazeDogfight"
As this mission is a little different I would like to introduce it here. Some of you might already have flown it on yesterday's clowns session

In that mission you have to fly through a labyrinth of cranes, find the enemy homebase, land on it and bail out then. If that happens three times, the enemy homebase will be overtaken and your team wins.
The only additional rule for this mission: Stay between the cranes!
Planes available for red:
- P-36 A4
- P-26       x10!
Planes available for blue:
- Ki-43 II
- Ki-21 Ko  x10!

Homebases are marked with red & blue markers!

What else will you find when you're flying this mission (click the pics to enlarge them):

A fork: marked with a red racing pylon:

A "shortcut": doesn't need to be marked, but when it is, it's blue racing pylons:

A crossing: Be aware of traffic! (not marked):

Here's the map of the labyrinth .. believe me, it's not easy to get through, even with the map ;)
red homebase is in the south, blue in the north .. the homebases are not dead ends, you will have the possibility to circle behind them

some more pics:

Please notice: This mission is not on the rotation and I will only load it if all players agree .. If you connect to the server and find this mission playing, please don't just disconnect again! You have the possibility to initiate a vote for mission change with <vote yes via chat, or you can ask us directly to load a new mission!

Best Regards,
skylla

When all else fails: read the instructions!

The Radge

• Modder
Re: MazeDogfight
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 07:14:24 AM »

I like the idea :D

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 08:48:00 AM »

This is such a damned funny mission, I've been laughing my *ss off yesterday.
The great thing is: There's so many ways to get through this maze, yet I didn't manage to find the right way a single time while flying through it.
Well... skylla you contributed to it by giving the wrong advice in the mission briefing lol - no hard feelings, fun all over ;)

I found it a bit sad that some players didn't seem to like that map and left without saying a word.
Hey guys, if you don't like anything, tell it so we can do something about it. Use the chat or (preferably) TS, it's no big deal.

Just for reference, taking a close look at the maze I've noted two routes through it that should work (no guarantee provided).
I focused on making things simple, not shortest, so there's no single shortcut to take on "my" route.

Blue to red:
RJLJCC²(S)JC(S)CC(S)(S)CRJLRJ

Red to blue:
LJJLJC(S)(S)CC(S)CR(S)C²CRJLJ

Legend:
L = Turn left (fork)
R = Turn right (fork)
J = Junction (just for reference, you cannot turn anywhere)
C = Crossing (just for reference, if you love living you won't try to turn there)
C² = Two crossings adjacent to each other
S = Shortcut to use (not applicable on the above mentioned routes)
(S) = Shortcut available, but don't use it

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

CountZero

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 09:00:16 AM »

Great job skylla, that had to be fun ill try to join next time i like this type of missions

Ghost129er

• EX F.A.C. #65
  • Ghost of the skies.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 09:37:49 AM »

I missed this? I MISSED THIS?? NOOO!!!  :'(
This looks just like the wacky Maze circuits/flying fields people go crazy and make in RealFlight RC Simulators!
Must try this someday!
But whenever they talked about him, they always had a slight smile on their faces.. And that, perhaps, maybe your answer.

Kilo

• Modder
  • Hold my beer!
    • Sqn. 71 fighter-bombing Silver Wings
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 10:00:45 AM »

Awesome 8) Can't wait to try it.
Fortune favours the bold; disaster even more so

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 10:42:19 AM »

Wow :o
    I had no idea this Mission would find so much interest 8)

Well, then .. I have good news:
    • I reworked the Mission Briefing and deleted the wrong Routedescription .. now we have a link pointing to this thread.. (btw: Thank you Mike for dealing with the correct Route!)
    • I translated the Briefing for the German community .. if your game is set to "German", you will have the German brief now! (Thank you Gerhard for telling me how to do this!)
    • Well, as the maze is quite big now it shouldn't be a problem to make it bigger and more difficult (thanks to multi-objectcopy :D ). So, if you're interested in this, let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Best Regards,
    skylla
When all else fails: read the instructions!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 27 queries.