Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nachtjagd Mod Pack  (Read 16676 times)

Gatrasz

• Supporter
  • Dead but dreaming...
Re: Nachtjagd Mod Pack
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2015, 02:27:54 PM »

I guess it's all about AI behavior with C&C mod. For the player and AI gunners, it could be much realistic, but the campaigns using AI radar detection seem to be badly affected (maybe this mod was using to the best some kind of unrealistic AI abilities that were 'cured' by the 4.12 update); so it looks like 4.12 code breaks some things to make other things better. As C&C mod is coming to 4.12, I'm sure that the new problems will be solved as the old ones were...with a lot of time and practice !  ;)

sparky

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2015, 02:59:20 PM »

The 4.12 AI has a visual check that checks amount of light, cloud conditions etc. This works well in daytime missions but means that in night missions you can not have realistic play as the AI cannot 'see' in the dark.

4.10 did not have this check. At this moment 4.10 is still the best environment for realistic night missions due to availability of mods, AI visual check and all functions in C&C working as they should.

I doubt that 4.12 will ever be a serious contender as someone would have to re write the C&C mod and also enable the AI to see at night by mimicking some kind of radar and ground control.

sparky

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2015, 03:05:47 PM »

As I remembered....

ATM C&C give at 410 night environment the best night experience in IL2....

Relly hope to see a full upgrade of C&C to full (or maybe better) working in 412 even if in the far future....

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »

My statement was regarding the state of affairs at that moment. A 4.12 compatible C&C mod has since been introduced in CUP, but as I don't have CUP I can't say how it works  :-|

So the answer must be the same as always when someone asks if a campaign works in CUP: "I don't know! Just try it and you will see!"  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2015, 03:05:04 AM »

Thanks for your reply mate!

ATM I'm still updating my installations and switching some from 410 to 412 (all the jet age for example) and I was in the need to know if for nightfighting 412....anyway atm I'll keep both!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2015, 03:09:31 AM »

That's the beauty of modded IL-2: you can have all the variants you want, as disk space is no object any longer! So I myself run several: HSFX 7, Modact 4.12 and of course DBW 1.71. Plus subvariants, like a whole DBW 1.71 dedicated to "IL-2 SCW"  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2015, 03:31:12 AM »

I'm doing the same with all planes splitted into dedicated operational areas mods collection....I also build basic addition mods (AI and EFFECTS - MAPS and STATIC OBJECTS - DYINAMIC OBJECTS - GENERIC PLANES for weapons and 3d upgrade) folder where I split basic mods updates....after a while then I merge them to create a new updated base to which add only the planes from the various operational areas mod folders....

BTW I'm updating 409 atm , then I'll restart works on my sfs maps collection for all game based version....

....atm about all maps and their objects are working....need to update only the last year maps and adapt the .ini entries for the 410 and 412 game interface....

....(after 409 full update) I'll stop all my testing and updating until I'll finish it!

My 2016 spring goal!

Keep your finger crossed until 21st of march!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2016, 12:17:10 PM »

Believe it or not, but the Nachtjagd Mod Pack has been updated. See post number 1! There is still some life in this old girl. New campaigns are also on the way  :)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2017, 02:58:14 AM »

The Nachtjagd Modpack is not dead!!! :)

It has now been updated to version 2.3. I have added Edlors F7F "Nightcat" to it, plus the Dornier Do-24 by Zflyer48 (first version) plus the SND Map by V@sOK. I have also started to build a Korean Nightfighter campaign, for Eldors Nightcat. Stay tuned!

The first entry of the thread will soon be updated.

Thanks for looking  :)

jg1234

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2017, 08:21:56 AM »

How can one say thank you enough for this awesome commitment you bring to this game?

Seriously, Thank You !! - jg1234

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2017, 11:06:07 AM »

How can one say thank you enough for this awesome commitment you bring to this game?

Seriously, Thank You !! - jg1234

Don't mention it. Doing things like this is just my way of saying "Thank you" to the community and to all the modders, that has done so much to keep this old darling of a game alive!  :)

hunkorogashi

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2018, 10:07:28 PM »

I am a beginner. So this game that can be easily installed on PC, enjoyable immediately without difficult setting is the highest. thanks to the author.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 22 queries.