Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Nachtjagd Mod Pack  (Read 16713 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Nachtjagd Mod Pack
« on: May 14, 2015, 01:15:47 PM »

This is a small, basic pack of different modded material for the game “IL-2 1946”, containing the aircraft and other Mods that will enable you to play realistic nightfighting missions over Western Europe during WW2.

It is intended for DBW 1.71, as the 4.12 version of the game has some unforseen limitations (the AI can't see in the dark...) that makes the 4.10 version of IL-2 the only viable alternative when it comes to Night Fighting - at least for the time being. The pack has been compiled to help those players that need the material or just want to test it, but are discouraged by multiple downloads, editing of different ini-files etc. And as it is activated through JSGME.exe it can’t “break” your installation, but can be switched “on” and ”off” as the player pleases. It is supposed to go on top of a clean install of the MOD pack DBW (“Dark Blue World”), 1.71.

You can find more info here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2143

This pack contains the following new material:

FIRSTLY NEW HUNTERS:
* He 219 “Uhu” (v.5.17) by Ranwers, Checkyersix, benitomuso, Sputnikshock, Storebror, Sani, 101tfs, Birdman, Malone, Crazyflak et al.

* Junkers Ju 88G-6 (v.1.4) by Sputnikshock

* Arado Ar-234B Nachtjäger by Slow

* Dornier Do-335 A-6 Nachtjäger by Lisek

* Northrop P-51A&B, by 101tfs

* Nakajima J1N1-Sa Nightfighter by ten010

* Boulton Paul Defiant by Ectoflyer & CWatson

* Mosquito NF Mk.II by Sputnikshock

* Mosquito NF Mk.XII/XIII by Sputnikshock

* Mosquito NF Mk.XIII(late)/XVII by Sputnikshock

* Mosquito NF Mk.XIX by Sputnikshock

* Grumman F7F-3N "Nightcat" by Edlor, based on the SAS version of F7F by the Freemodding Team - New in version 2.3!

THEN THESE NEW HUNTED:
* Whitley MkV & Mk VII by Giotto

* Wellington Mk III by Team Daidalos

* Updated Lancaster Mk III (v.3.2) by Ranwers, Checkyersix, tf101, Sani, CirX, PA_Jeronimo, SAS~Anto et al.

* Lockheed Hudson by Gio963tto

* Handley Page Hampden by JoHNy_SpRoCKX

* Heinkel He-177 by Team Daidalos, HSFX Team, mikoyan99, mac1, BT~wasted, GJE52, western0221, Dreamk, Birdman, Loku, SAS~Epervier, vp_media, just champi and Storebror

* Dornier Do-24K by ZFlyer48 - New in version 2.3!

PLUS THESE MODS:
* Command & Control Mod (v.3.031) by CheckYerSix - of course! Revolutionary and indispensable!
* Würzburg-Riese & Freya radars by Sputnikshock
* Realistic Airfield Lighting (v.1.5) by Sputnikshock
* Navaid & GEE mod (v.1.2) by Sputnikshock
* Stationary aircraft for the He-219, Ju-88G6, Do-335, P-61 and J1N1-Sa by Epervier
* Increased Time Compression Mod by CY6
* Sniper Turret Fix by Storebror
* The SND (Scotland, Norway, Denmark) Map by V@sOK - New in version 2.3!
* Big Clouds Mod by WxTech
* Semireal AAA by Zloy Petrusko & Burn
* Random Belt Startpositions by SAS crew
* 4.12 Effects by Team Daidalos
* Oxygen Mask Mod by Freddy & Benitomuso
* Smoke Trails Mod by Benitomuso

The selection of Mods to include has been done in order to provide a simple common base for the new updated versions of all my old nightfighter campaigns. The following nightfighter campaigns have now been overhauled to C&C/Nachtjagd Mod Pack standards:

* The Kammhuber Line 1941 (Bf-110E1): http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2143
* Battle for Berlin 1943 (Bf-110G6) http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=435
* Battle for Berlin 1943 (Junkers Ju-88C6) http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=437
* Kommando Welter 1945 (Me-262B1) http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=838
* Killer in the Dark 1944 (He-219) http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=841
* Baby Blitz (Mosquito MkXIII NF) http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=926
* Defender in the Dark 1944 (Ju-88G6) http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1110
* Hunter in the Dark 1944 (Bf-110G6) http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1167
* Jet Nightfighter 1945 (Arado Ar-234B) http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2027
* Last Ditch Nighfighter 1945 (Dornier Do-335A6) http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2058
* Night Hunter - Gekko vs B-29's (Single mission) http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1563

And more campaigns will follow! I am not through with Nightfighting using this Mod Pack just yet!  :)

With this Mod Pack also comes new Luftwaffe menu music ("Lili Marlene", what else?), plus two new backgrounds. Note that there is a special folder with documents explaining the function of the most crucial Mods by CY6 and Sputnikshock. Plus Sputnikshocks very informative "Guide to Nighfighting in IL-2" - read it!

This mod pack is supposed to go on top of a clean DBW 1.71 installation. That is VERY IMPORTANT. If it does it is almost 100% guaranteed to work. And it can’t mess up your game, as it is activated via JSGME. (It might work under other circumstances as well, but I can’t promise you anything.)

If you haven't tried nightfighting with the Mods of CY6 and Sputnikshock, you should! It has an entirely different gaming feel to it, I promise you.

Thanks for looking  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
Re: Nachtjagd Mod Pack
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 11:24:29 PM »

WOW! GREAT!  8) This sounds exciting.
I must test and fly this in my game. I just cannot refuse anything with a good song like "LiLi Marlene"!
Thank you SAS~Poltava!

CHEERS !

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 01:32:49 AM »

I think you will perhaps recognize the opening background. IMHO the best Nightfighting image around!  ;D
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 03:57:02 AM »

Well done Pete, you work quick mate.

regards

slipper

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 05:53:19 AM »

Slipper,

I know that the big pack you are working on will be the definitive word.

PS. Nighfighting with full Mods is really something else, a completely new gaming experience!

wildblue

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 07:10:33 AM »

So basically to install this mod I just have to add the Nachtjagd Mod Pack with #DBW and documentation folders in my jsgmemods folder and activate it and that's it? It will take care of all the rest by itself?

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 09:35:28 AM »

Yes. Just to reapeat: first make sure you have a clean, vanilla install of DBW 1.71. No Mods added. This is important. If you have such a clean, vanilla install of DBW 1.71 it is almost 100% guarenteed to work. Then...

1.   Uncompress the whole downloaded file.
2.   The resulting folder "Nachtjagd Mod Pack" (which contain the folders #DBW, documentation etc) is then simply dropped into the "jsgmemods" folder, that can be found in the root folder of your DBW install (for instance "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946").
3.   In your IL-2 root folder click on the icon named “JSGME.exe”. You will now find one entry named “Nachtjagd Mod Pack”. Select it, then click on the top arrow button (“Enable selected mod”). The Mod Pack will then be enabled. After this process is finished, close JSGME, and then start IL-2 the regular way. (To the disable the Mod Pack, simply reverse the process in JSGME.)

[EDITED]

wildblue

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 11:30:40 AM »

2.   The folder "jsgmemods" that comes out of this uncompression is then dropped in the root folder of your install (for instance "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946").

Well the thing is I didn't get the folder "jsgmemods" out of this so I had to do it manually, but works wonderfully, thanks! :D

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 11:38:59 AM »

I will check that out. You got a folder called "Nachtjagd Mod Pack", right?

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 12:01:02 PM »

There was an error in the install instructions. It should read like this:

1.   Uncompress the whole downloaded file.
2.   The resulting folder "Nachtjagd Mod Pack" (which contain the folders #DBW, documentation etc) is then simply dropped into the "jsgmemods" folder, that can be found in the root folder of your DBW install (for instance "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946").
3.   In your IL-2 root folder click on the icon named “JSGME.exe”. You will now find one entry named “Nachtjagd Mod Pack”. Select it, then click on the top arrow button (“Enable selected mod”). The Mod Pack will then be enabled. After this process is finished, close JSGME, and then start IL-2 the regular way. (To the disable the Mod Pack, simply reverse the process in JSGME.):

Sorry about this!  :-\\

nzmigman

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 03:38:48 PM »

Thanks for doing this...it's a great idea to have separate installs for each theater.
I am wondering if this might work over 4.11. I'm not sure when the team implemented the code that caused C&C stuff to not work as intended.
The definitive 4.12 version need someone with good java coding skills to add the needed routines to to the C&C mod.

wildblue

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 05:47:14 AM »

There was an error in the install instructions. It should read like this:

No problems! I'm glad I could actually help you sort it out in a way by being a noob xD
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 24 queries.