Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightened up air.ini for World at War module pt08! (should improve fps)  (Read 32533 times)

Panzerfaust60

Re: Lightened up air.ini for World at War module (should improve fps)
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2015, 01:38:54 PM »

Hey,
Could you possibly reupload this again, I quite desperately need some more FPS for my WAW  :)

Chupacabras84

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2015, 03:46:42 AM »

Reuploaded, if you use it with latest waw update it should still work, it just wont have new planes, I really need to find some free time to have a sit and finally do it  :-\

Panzerfaust60

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2015, 11:06:32 AM »

Thanks, unfortunately I'm getting 60% CTD

Chupacabras84

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2015, 02:00:29 PM »

What part of WaW, does it work with stock air.ini (the one included in pack), log.lst, does it work correctly without lightened air.ini ?
Assuming we are talking about WaW 12, maybe something was removed, in this case I would need to figure out what and probably still make a new air ini.
Maybe in a hour I'll sit and try to make an update version for WaW part 12 if nothing stands in my way (we have quite turbulent weather here atm)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »

Panzerfaust you can rem out the aircraft you dont need yourself too to lighten up your air.ini....easily DIY project and very individual too :)

Panzerfaust60

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2015, 04:10:02 PM »

Sorry to bother you, I'm an idiot, this was all my noobish fault.

Thanks a lot for the extra FPS though, my game really wasn't playable without them :)

Chupacabras84

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2015, 12:41:29 AM »

Yeah, I just tested and noticed it worked ok with latest WaW so I figured problem must have been on your side (adders maybe?)
Anyway, I noticed that somehow I got lower fps with latest WaW and lightened air.ini than I had before so I must look into it anyway.

Edit:
Could use someone's help.
Is it me or does fps went down with WaW part 12 even with old lightened air.ini?
Not sure is it something on my PC or WaW got heavier.

Chupacabras84

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2015, 06:59:44 AM »

Ok, from what i gather I am getting weak performance in WaW 12 even with my old lightened air.ini
When I made Pacific Theatre for WaW part 12 I disabled German and Russian planes and still got a slideshow.
At this point I feel there is nothing I can do at the moment so from the look of it, lightened air.ini for WaW part 8 will be the last of it unless I figure out a way to boost performance   :-\

pilotpimpf

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2015, 01:41:37 PM »

Well thanks for looking into this, it has been much appreciated all the work that you have done.
Must admit CUP is becoming more of a slideshow for me now sadly.

Panzerfaust60

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2015, 02:29:58 PM »

That's a shame, I guess I'll just stick with WAW 8 then, since that's just barely playable for me.

On a side note, I seem to periodically get like 5-30 sec bursts of extremely low FPS every so often, but otherwise relatively fine, could that be because I've got insufficient hardware, or does it sound like an issue with the game (I never used to get it on HSFX, even though I had all the graphics setting on max)?

sniperton

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2015, 03:01:07 PM »

Similar problems here. I guess it's not only the air.ini that makes the difference. Effects and the number and quality of loaded terrain and object textures have their part too, so it seems. The very same track with the very same air.ini and the very same graphic settings becomes a slide show for me in WAW, while my fps never ever drops below 25 in 4.13 or in HSFX.

I suggest we should start a dedicated perfomance issue thread for WAW. The air.ini is only one part of problem, not the full one.

Chupacabras84

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2015, 04:55:33 PM »

Well, its weird, air.ini which gave me 70 fps in WaW 8 now give me only 30 fps in WaW 12 in same place.
I really have no idea what to make of this, the thing worked so well before so why now?
Also, I perform all my test under repeatable condition and from what I can tell its not new textures or anything that causing it.

For tests I just load empty Berlin map with 10 cams spread trough the city, since the map is empty and cameras always pointing in the exact same place, switching trough them with ctrl+f2 always provide exact same framerate down to a single fps.
Stock game, Jet Age and DoF both have 69 fps on particular cam and if I use stock air.ini in WaW12 it also hit 69 fps on same cam.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 26 queries.