Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightened up air.ini for World at War module pt08! (should improve fps)  (Read 32447 times)

Chupacabras84

Re: Lightened up air.ini for World at War module (should improve fps)
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 12:41:45 PM »

There was a few bugs, but nothing serious:
Lets see.
- air start with engine stopped on some missions
I cant be sure but I dont think this particular bug have anything to do with lightened up air.ini.
Does playing without lightened air.ini cures the issue?
- missions loading at 100%, but I got a "blank" screen (without plane) or a see-through plane
Sometimes when I am using QMB, I am getting "mission loading null", I am guessing it might have something to do with "Mission Pro  Combo".
In any case, click Chose side: Allies /Axis button in the top right corner of the screen, it will fix the issue.
Currently I am not well and if I feel better, I will look into it.
Here are some other causes I can think of:

Those air.ini reduce number of aircraft loaded to boost fps, instead of mindlessly removing random aircrafts I tried to create theatres of war so, despite missing half of planes in game, you wouldn't miss on anything as long as you stick to particular theatre.

Now, it is possible you chose Pacific theatre and then tried to play mission/track which included German or Russian planes, in this case you would get a missing plane.

If you load 1936-1943_air.ini or 1942-1945_air.ini and play campaign, you will get only some planes on both side because while it includes all planes from those years, it doesn't include planes from 1944 and forth in first case and 1936-1941 in second.
For original campaign I included Stock_air.ini, it doesn't include any of the new planes but it offers all of the old one, unless you are trying to play campaign that does include new, WAW specific planes.
A thousand thanks for your contribution Chupacabras84! It's a worthy one  8).
Thanks dude, I am glad it is working for you.

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 12:53:04 PM »

Hi Griffon I disabled my IDM in Firefox and it downloaded straight away !!
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

dsmith71

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 10:49:55 PM »

G'day Chupacabras84 looks like you are getting some results here. When i have finished with the game i am playing ATM i will reinstall CUP and see how your Air.ini mod works for me. Well done.  ;)

pilotpimpf

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 02:25:04 AM »

Standard CUP is like a slide show for me ,converting to "stock aircraft" makes it playable so it works for me.... thanks  :)

Raven Morpheus

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 02:40:25 AM »

Going to give this a try as I've noticed a significant framerate drop (as much as half) in anything TFM/CUP related compared to the stock game.

namhee

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2015, 10:14:10 AM »

when I enable #WAW_air ini 1936-1943 in the jsgmemod my game Crash by 60% , can some one help me please?

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2015, 10:22:41 AM »

when I enable #WAW_air ini 1936-1943 in the jsgmemod my game Crash by 60% , can some one help me please?

when having a xx% CTD we should know your log.

Read how to do this here:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,13457.0.html

For a instant log File read here:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19308.0.html

Important: what to post and how to post it (code option):
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=39780.0
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2015, 10:38:24 AM »

Did you by chance add any of tooslows adders?
If so it's clear why you crash at 60%

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2015, 12:58:29 AM »

Thanks for the heads up Griffon I didnt realise this wouldnt work with tooslows adders installed! Might be worth adding to the first page?
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

Chupacabras84

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2015, 02:09:07 AM »

Might be worth adding to the first page?
Added a note.

It wont work with any other mod that needs it own air.ini. "Tooslow adders" for example
Adding planes manually its an option but not a good one because, there seems to be a limit to number of airplanes you can have in air.ini without performance drop.
The moment you reach that threshold every additional aircraft will reduce your fps and framerate loss is exponential.
In some instances lightened air.ini is packed to the limit and even few additional aircrafts more will kill your performance (USA and UK vs Axis for example).
It might be only a few frames in light scenes and as much as 20 frames in heavy, because of that, adding any planes manually to lightened air.ini might kill all the performance benefits it offers.

If you gonna do it, do it at your own discretion.

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2015, 12:40:07 AM »

Well done Chupa that should stop any confusion in future - have you added tooslows adders to your install yet? Your missing out if not, if you have could you adapt your lightened air.ini to include tooslows stuff?

Chupacabras84

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2015, 02:02:53 AM »

have you added tooslows adders to your install yet? You're missing out if not
No, I haven't added it, I mean, C.U.P already have so many aircrafts I had to cut them in more digestible portions to even make it playable, adding more on a plate when I am already chocking doesn't look like a good idea to me :)
Could you adapt your lightened air.ini to include tooslows stuff?
Hard to tell yet, as for now I have no idea how many people actually use lightened air.ini, what kind of fps gain it provides and whether it even worth tweaking further.
Then its a question of how many people who use lightened air.ini actually want to use tooslow's adders with it, for all I know you are the only person.

I am not really interested in them personally because as stated above, in C.U.P. there is already more than my PC can handle and as mentioned earlier, some air.ini already packed so tight that adding even one more plane takes away a few frames, adding 4 more planes cuts framerate in half.
I think you can manually add them to stock air.ini without causing performance drop, maybe Pacific_theatre if you delete VVS planes, but thats about it.

Trying to push them into already existing air.ini  is a time consuming process, add few dozens of aircrafts, load the game, check fps, if its even one frame bellow what I am normally getting at that scene in stock game, exit the game and delete a few planes then go back and check again.
Repeat till framerate is exactly the same as with stock game at the same time aiming at, at least somewhat balanced planeset.
It takes time and because of that, if there is no interest I dont really want doing it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 26 queries.