Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DCG + DBW: tuning  (Read 1559 times)

tubia

DCG + DBW: tuning
« on: April 12, 2015, 07:28:52 AM »

Hi all,
this is my first topic, I hope to be in the right forum section.
I'm using DBW 1.71 and I have activated some mods, the list is below:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

#DBW_Forgotten Countries Full
!!DCG-4-DBW Standard
IL-2 SCW Mod-pack for DBW
#DBW_6dofTrackIR_ClassFiles
!!DCG-4-DBW ModPack2

With !!DCG-4-DBW ModPack2, something seems to be bloated in "Pilot career", in particular I have the "China" career empty, no more Belgium and when I start a Career, let's say with France (DCG) using Full Auto-Generation Mode, it happens that the waypoints path is outside the map available and the AI seems to not follow it. I don't understand well how to fix parameters for the missions in Full Auto-Generation Mode. For example, I would like to have short range missions with less than 50 planes and so on...
Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance! :)

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
Re: DCG + DBW: tuning
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 02:42:04 PM »

tubia,

I do not think Lowengrin's DCG is or ever will be compatible with the Forgotten Countries mod. It will only work with those countries provided in the stock game as far as I can tell so far.

I have seen cases where DCG will generate waypoints outside the map area, but in the cases I've seen the ai follow the waypoints. Which campaign was running when this happened?

As for the configuration, have you run the setup wizard? In DCG, see Edit-->Setup Wizard on the DCG menu. Remember that after you run the wizard, you must generate a mission in DCG for your campaign before the changes take effect. To do so follow these steps:
- In game, make sure your DCG campaign is the "active" campaign (the last one run)
- Leave the game (either exit or go our to the operating system by pressing the Windows key)
- Run the Setup Wizard and make the configuration changes you want
- click the Generate Mission button on the DCG main page - make sure that the mission was generated for the campaign you expected.
- return to your game

tubia

Re: DCG + DBW: tuning
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 11:37:35 AM »

tubia,

I do not think Lowengrin's DCG is or ever will be compatible with the Forgotten Countries mod. It will only work with those countries provided in the stock game as far as I can tell so far.

Hi vonofterdingen,
thank you for your reply :)
Actually it seems to have overwritten forgotten countries (I don't see Belgium for example), maybe if I disable and re-enable the two DCG-4-DBW packages I can solve this (trial&error)

I have seen cases where DCG will generate waypoints outside the map area, but in the cases I've seen the ai follow the waypoints. Which campaign was running when this happened?

I'm in the France 1940 Campaign and the map is with Bastogne, Houffalize, St. Vith. Often waypoints are outside the map but, as you said, AI seems to follow them. Maybe I need a map that I do not have?

As for the configuration, have you run the setup wizard? In DCG, see Edit-->Setup Wizard on the DCG menu. Remember that after you run the wizard, you must generate a mission in DCG for your campaign before the changes take effect. To do so follow these steps:
- In game, make sure your DCG campaign is the "active" campaign (the last one run)
- Leave the game (either exit or go our to the operating system by pressing the Windows key)
- Run the Setup Wizard and make the configuration changes you want
- click the Generate Mission button on the DCG main page - make sure that the mission was generated for the campaign you expected.
- return to your game

Done and it works!
In the wizard I chose short flights and at the end of the process when I selected Run -> Generate mission, the first mission was a transfer from Bastogne to an airport near Manhay, the next one was a raid over the frontline. So I think it worked (now I'm nearer the frontline) :)

Need to check-up and understand better the other points and there I'm good to play!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 23 queries.