Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: P-51D Markings On Anomaly  (Read 5402 times)

SkyHigh

P-51D Markings On Anomaly
« on: March 22, 2015, 05:06:11 PM »

I notice that when I have "Markings On" with my P-51D's that an unsuitable US decal is placed on the planes. Doesn't seem to be the case with other planes I have tried, nor is it the case with my HSFX7 install.

Mono27

Re: P-51D Markings On Anomaly
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 04:55:05 AM »

I have the same issue. I noticed that some skins in some planes have an "additional" insignia, like this P-51D example.
The same happens with the wings insignias of the F-80C in JTW.

Is there any tutorial or anything to know a bit more about skins with and without markings?

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 06:54:18 AM »

Could you post some screens?

Mono27

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 10:31:49 AM »

Sorry for the late reply, but here I post screenshots of that issue, It appears in some planes, P-51D and F-80C are some examples.

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 10:36:07 AM »

...if you do not take a complete blank skin turn the switch to "Markings off"!

;)
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

Mono27

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 02:15:16 PM »

I know that, Bomberkiller. But I would like that the markings dont show over that skin even if "markings=on" is selected, like most of the planes in il-2. Only a few have this "overlay" insignia.

Chupacabras84

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 02:35:23 PM »

Those are markings on skin, usually skinners place them here because they look better than IL2 overlay markings.
Its skinners choice, not anyone else, personally I think markings on/off switch is a good solution.

bergkamp

• If you can't find it here, it doesn't exist
  • Modder
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 05:07:24 AM »

Sorry to drag this out of the archives but it seems this was never resolved. I have tested on a totally clean install (from 4.07 to 4.12.2 with C.U.P.) and get this decal overlay on the P51 series USAAF. Doesn't seem to happen on other USAAF models.

1. In FMB as No1 player

2. In FMB no2 AI

3. In FMB arming screen

4. In flight No1 and No2

5. In QMB-Different skin marking off

6 In QMB- markings on

I am only seeing this on the P51-D5 - Early 1944, P51-DNT - 1944 and P51-D20NA - 1944

Again, apologies for resurrecting this. As it is such a short thread, maybe nobody else is seeing this.

Regards

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 06:44:11 AM »

Those are markings on skin, usually skinners place them here because they look better than IL2 overlay markings.
Its skinners choice, not anyone else, personally I think markings on/off switch is a good solution.

Simply use a blank skin....but so you have wrong roundels....

You can't have your cake and eat it too....

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 07:44:34 AM »

...You can't have your cake and eat it too....

That's so true Walter.

It would be nice to get a modder familiar with markings to tidy up a few inconsistancies in default markings.  In the case of these three examples the sought for effect would add a simple numerical marking to the fuselage, without the 'extra' white stars which are also being applied.

However, this type of numerical marking is also totally unrealistic/unhistoric.  If you need a bunch of P-51s for a campaign there are many skins out there.  The beauty and variety of schemes for this aircraft is the principal reason most people don't use default markings for the P-51.  Flying it without the numerical marking would be just as realistic too.

I would also really like to see the appalling TD-412 RAF Roundels, which have been wrong from day one of the 412 release and not fixed in 413 either, be corrected.  There are a number of other problems with the default markings that are in no way down to the individual mods.  Its the overall markings package.  Its a 412 problem too, so comparisons with earlier versions are not useful.

Anyway I will keep a lookout for a fix.  For now we simply have to work around it by using individual skins and proper markings done by the many great skinners of Mustangs.  Not too difficult thankfully!  ;D

bergkamp

• If you can't find it here, it doesn't exist
  • Modder
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 07:52:27 AM »

Ok, thanks for reply. But I only noticed this in CUP. I have the same set of skins in TFM412 and don't get this overlay.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 05:24:32 AM »

Ok, thanks for reply. But I only noticed this in CUP. I have the same set of skins in TFM412 and don't get this overlay.

Something we have brought in then...  Gives us a place to start looking, thanks!  ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 24 queries.