Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: "Finnish Front 1941 - Curtiss Hawk" for modded 4.12!  (Read 8330 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
"Finnish Front 1941 - Curtiss Hawk" for modded 4.12!
« on: March 21, 2015, 03:51:00 PM »

One of the first modded campaigns I built has now been updated to modded 4.12:

This is a semi-historical, 15-mission  static campaign, set during 1941. You are a pilot in Llv 32, a Finnish fighter squadron, equipped with the US Curtiss Hawk A75. We have already been instructed painted yellow recognition-markers on our aircraft. No one knows why, but three days ago Germany invaded the Soviet Union and the rumor has it that this is the way the German aircraft are marked. This looks like war...

The Curtiss Hawk is a joy to use: fast, maneuverable and packing quite a punch! After flying it you will probably not be surprised to hear that the RAF was interested in aquiring the aircraft, and when testing it against a Supermarine Spitfire Mk I the Hawk turned out to have several advantages over the famous British fighter. The Hawk was found to have lighter controls than the Spitfire at speeds over 480 km/h, especially in diving attacks, and was better in a dogfight thanks to the less-sensitive elevator and better all-around visibility. The Hawk was also easier to control on takeoff and landing. However, what tipped the balance was the Spitfire's superior acceleration and speed. You will score against your Soviet opponents!

Download it here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=25

This campaign has been built in HSFX 7. There is no need for additional uploads if you have this pack. When I get my own CUP install sorted out I hope to convert this campaign to CUP as well.

Included in this campaign is 20 SKINS, that have been made by the following talented skinners: Imme, Mission_Bug, Hayate, VP_Media, Mangas, Ife, Tchaika and Macwan. Thanks guys! Without skinners no campaigns!

Thanks for looking!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Tony4mori

Re: "Finnish Front 1941 - Curtiss Hawk" for modded 4.12!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 10:18:03 AM »

Poltava, I can make suggestions for your next campaign. Are very beautiful but there are always a few planes it would be nice to see more action
with dozens of bombers or planes that combat away from the waypoint Player, would be more realistic. I always see a few planes and little action on your campaigns although they are very beautiful.
sorry for my english

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 10:33:24 AM »

Thanks Poltava  :)

kingsley

• Retired
  • My House Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 12:58:04 PM »

This campaign works quite well in CUP. To read the breifings remove the _ru from the mission prop. files.
 Good Job

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 02:10:49 PM »

Poltava, I can make suggestions for your next campaign. Are very beautiful but there are always a few planes it would be nice to see more action
with dozens of bombers or planes that combat away from the waypoint Player, would be more realistic. I always see a few planes and little action on your campaigns although they are very beautiful.

Tony, thanks for your ideas! My missions and campaigns are always based on history, in one way or the other. So I always try to have the aircraft density reflect what really happened. And during the war between Finland and the Soviet Union (both 1939-40, and 1941-44) the number of aircraft involved in different types of combat was almost always low. Often around 5 or less on each side. Sometimes around 10-15, but very seldom were larger number of aircraft than that engaged in a single combat. (Except for 1944, during the big Soviet summer offensive.) For the Soviets this was a second priority front, and the Finns, with their small airforce, were quite content to keep the Russians at bay. It is quite easy to get this confirmed in the literature, say Stenman and Keskinens "Finnish aces of WW2", or even better their BIG, multi-volume day-to-day account of the air war 1939-44 "Suomen Ilmavoimat" - which has english text as well. (In general the fighting on the whole Eastern front, as compared to the western front, was characterized in general by smaller number of aircraft in each fight, and lower altitudes.)

But if you try some of my other campaigns, taking place at a time and a place where aircraft density was MUCH higher in real life this IS shown in the missions. Try my "Abbeville Boys" or "Fighter Boys" and you will see! In some missions in "Fighter Boys" you will actually have 90+ aircraft on the screen at the same time! (And BTW: 4.12 handles this quite well!)

All the best  :)
/P

PS. Love your new screens!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 02:16:05 PM »

This campaign works quite well in CUP. To read the breifings remove the _ru from the mission prop. files.
 Good Job

I'm glad to hear this! Will fix this at the info page at M4T!

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 03:53:19 PM »

I have 4 days off starting thursday so if i find some time i run this campaign through the cup fmb and see how much would be needed to be changed to be fully cup compatible..i have a weak spot for the curtiss myself :)
Let me know if this would be ok for you :)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 04:10:37 PM »

Griffon!

That is MORE than ok with me! I'm grateful IF you do this CUP-converting - it makes you a co-creator. Thanks in advance!!!

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 04:42:44 PM »

Which is the simplest way to remove the _ru extension from the prop-files? Doing it one by one with "Abbeville Boys" or  "Fighter Boys" is quite timeconsuming!
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 05:15:19 PM »

Ehm that takes about 1 or 2 minutes :)

Peter I am more than happy if I am able to contribute a little and be of assisstance to you - I always enjoyed your campaigns very much
 For me they provide an excellent mix and comprimise betweeb historic accuracy, interesting historic background and (re)playability :)

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 05:21:37 PM »

@ Griffon_301, how to do it in 1 or 2 minutes, if you don´t mind would you please explain. Renaming 80 missions one by one takes a shitload of time! (If  you where answering my request)
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

jt189

• Retired Warrior
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 06:10:18 PM »

@ Griffon_301, how to do it in 1 or 2 minutes, if you don´t mind would you please explain. Renaming 80 missions one by one takes a shitload of time! (If  you where answering my request)
FlyingH
The way to do it is write a batch file to remove the _ru from the mission prop file when when you write it you must make it a repeating batch and point it at each named campaign for it to work. This way it takes a few blinks if that.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 24 queries.