Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: UQMG Classic & pre-BAT Update (BETA 1.3 RELEASE) <Edit V.15, 17 July 2020>  (Read 28961 times)

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
Re: UQMG Classic & CUP Update (BETA 1.1 RELEASE) <Edit V.13, 2 Apr 2015>
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2015, 01:27:31 AM »

From good old Tottenham in London - born near White Hart Lane. Not there now I live in bomber country - Cambridgeshire!!

Cheers
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
Re: UQMG Classic & CUP Update (BETA 1.2 RELEASE) <Edit V.14, 7 Apr 2015>
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 12:31:18 AM »

Beta 1.2 released, with inclusion of ground objects up to 4.12.  Link in the original post.  Check out the two included missions.

UD/dzz
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at http://www.uberdemon.net

BIOSURGE

• WOLVERINE
  • WISH I WAS AT 65000 FEET IN A JET
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2015, 01:50:13 AM »

HEY!!! Uber Demon,

I hope I know you were just joking about the "parenting crap", But I want to tell you from a guy who has been there and done that and have grandkids that are much to old for me to admit. Anyway make a long story short, This stuff will be here for some time to come. I don't know how much time you spend with your kids or this video game,or how old you are. But spend more time, and then more time after that, with your children.... I worked too hard and missed the best time of my kids and my life trying to make the almighty  "buck". And what did it get me!!!!! well the kids hardly know me. My grandchildren I am having a hard time relating too, and the wife wishes I would go back to work after being retired for 10 years. She can't stand me being at home because she never knew me to be at home...Just a thought for all of you working too hard at this game and life. But I really do appreciate everything all of you MODDERS do for me and the rest of us..I have never had as much fun as I am now with the Flight Sim.
Cheers.

Biosurge
JOE "BIOSURGE" WOLFGANG MOZART

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 10:25:31 PM »

Below are a few pics of a UQMG Upgrade 18 Beta 1.2 mission.  Note the use of the Ground Object Editor(GOE) and its effects on the ground.  Also note the use of a Radio Beacon (Radio Roma). Since I did not introduce a new UQMG engine I adapted them to the existing GOE.

To use the Radios, Beacons, you need to do the following:
* Download the files from https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,12351.0.html and place them in [your il-2 folder]\samples\Music\Radio
* In IL-2 controls, assign key to previous & next beacon, and enable music, then enable realistic navigation

That way you get to listen to the Radio Music/content while flying.

UD/dzz

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2015, 11:07:08 AM »

UD...your mind must travel at the speed of light to come up with all of these ideas and be able to come up with a working generator such as this..

I'm only into the "Save09" in your tutorial and it is just a blur to me...ha ha...

I only do offline SP  stuff, so I really need to keep it simple for my little brain to handle..

Is the new beta version more simplified to operate? 

Are you able to pick a specific area in a specific map for the generator to home in on for the creation process?
i.e.  like a specific  valley in the Slovakia map for instance & make a ground objects shoot-em-up & get bounced by a couple of enemy guys scenario?

I do know that I  am going to have to go through the tutorial again once I get through it for the first time..ha ha...I'm slow, but steadily moving forward...

A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »

UD...your mind must travel at the speed of light to come up with all of these ideas and be able to come up with a working generator such as this..

I'm only into the "Save09" in your tutorial and it is just a blur to me...ha ha...

I only do offline SP  stuff, so I really need to keep it simple for my little brain to handle..

Is the new beta version more simplified to operate? 

Are you able to pick a specific area in a specific map for the generator to home in on for the creation process?
i.e.  like a specific  valley in the Slovakia map for instance & make a ground objects shoot-em-up & get bounced by a couple of enemy guys scenario?

I do know that I  am going to have to go through the tutorial again once I get through it for the first time..ha ha...I'm slow, but steadily moving forward...

PapaG39,

When you install the Beta, you would not change the way UQMG behaves, it only updates the objects you have so it is very much compatible with the version you have.  Since it uses JSGME to install the Beta over the current UQMG version you have, it is easy to uninstall if you do not like it, although I see no reason why you would want to remove the objects from IL-2 1946 4.12 running with SAS ModAct.

As far as Slovakia, I have not included that map yet.  The process of adding maps is somewhat lengthy, because UQMG is a mission generator, and not a builder like QMB, there are some more dynamic things that happen in UQMG compared to the in-game QMB.

The answer to your question is it depends...  some maps have templates which take place in a certain area of the map, what changes is where you start the flights, that adds a lot of difference from mission to mission.  Because UQMG has the cloning algorithm, you can have enormously complex missions using only 2-3 flight groups going in the 10's, 100's of planes.  So some maps, the first two flight groups of each team are in one area, while the last two are in a completely different area...

But it is no FMB, so you can't choose a specific area... sorry...

My next generation UQMG is going to address this problem, but I am not working on that right now because I want to give UQMG users the ability to use the new objects in 4.12 and CUP... next step is DOF.

UD/dzz

BIOSURGE

• WOLVERINE
  • WISH I WAS AT 65000 FEET IN A JET
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2015, 09:37:31 PM »

FANTASTIC WORK.Thank you for your time and dedication. People such as yourself make my day so much more enjoyable when I need to shoot down a couple of bombers after work...I don't have a top secret clearance to try out the new military stuff, so this helps a lot....lol

Thanks again,
Biosurge
JOE "BIOSURGE" WOLFGANG MOZART

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2015, 01:39:39 PM »

In my UQMG under the "Help" tab &  version information it says:

* UQMG Engine Version 5.0.44
* Major Initialzation (INI) Template Version  fb100
* Upgrade Version:  upgrade0018

I just wanted to check  to make sure I have done everything correctly and am
properly up-to-date & didn't leave anything out.... ;D

A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2015, 03:37:09 PM »

Papa39G,

You got it.  You have Beta 1.2, correct?  I may change the display on that Help option so it shows the beta version.

Enjoy.

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2015, 10:00:22 PM »

Howdy UD..

I have been running through your fantastic, most complete tutorial I have ever had the pleasure to learning with and now I want to use it on my
newly installed il2 1946 patched to 4.12.2  for my break-in learning, but I can't find anyway to put the file path in the UQMG so it will setup from that install...

Right now it is set up to run on my CUP installed version.

Oh, Will I need to install the SAS MOd Act 5.30 first?

I know it is something simple, but I don't see anywhere to make the change over to my clean setup..

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2015, 02:17:42 AM »

Hi Papa, If you want to change file paths just click on 'tools' at the top of UQMG and then 'Change/Select FB/PF location' and browse to your 4.12.2 location

Mick

As far as I know Modacts not a prerequisite to run UQMG
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2015, 09:34:44 AM »

Ahhh dang me...I looked there first but missed it...
thanks PO_MAK...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 29 queries.