Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: UQMG Classic & pre-BAT Update (BETA 1.3 RELEASE) <Edit V.15, 17 July 2020>  (Read 28951 times)

Cloyd

Re: UQMG Classic & CUP Update (BETA 1.0 RELEASE) <Edit V.12, 29 Mar 2015>
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 12:00:46 PM »

Hey UD,

I Installed UQMG on a Win8.1 64bit system, but I didn't let the installer replace newer system .dlls with old ones. I got multiple error messages when I tried to run the program for the first time, and it couldn't start. Am I out of luck?

Cloyd

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 06:18:37 PM »

Hey UD...

I could not install your uqmg from my temp file on my C drive...just one error after another & could not uninstall either...

then I gave it over to my grandson...me 75  he 19... and he took my DL and ran the .exe in the temp file then dragged the

UberQuickPF folder out to that  C:\temp  & it now resides at  C:\UberQuickPF & it works fine.  I'm the one that doesn't work very well...ha ha

Thanks-a-lot UD...now I have (God knows how long of a learning curve) to look forward to.    ha ha..really,  Thank you for this awesome SP maker.

I assume that it was having trouble installing/Uninstalling in the Program Files X86.

I have  Win7 64bit  & my base is the IL2 1946 PC DVD from the last century I believe...
A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 07:26:42 PM »

Hey UD,

I Installed UQMG on a Win8.1 64bit system, but I didn't let the installer replace newer system .dlls with old ones. I got multiple error messages when I tried to run the program for the first time, and it couldn't start. Am I out of luck?

Cloyd

Cloyd,

I am totally unfamiliar with Win 8.x.  There should be a way to run in compatibility mode I believe.  UQMG was written with Visual Studio 6.0, which is very old.  The way that it (VS 6.0) worked is that the original installation would register the controls in the registry as proof that they could be used in the system.  I am not sure how Win 8.x handles that.

I installed it and have it running on Windows 7 Home Premium v.6.1, build 7601, SP1.  Never had any issues with it.  Is there a way to run the installation itself in something like Win XP compatibility?

Did you ever get to the point that UQMG asked you to run the fb100.exe file?  I find that most of the time hurrying through the process is the biggest cause of problems.

Let's see what we can do about it. Perhaps someone here runs it in Win 8.

UD/dzz
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at http://www.uberdemon.net

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 07:33:13 PM »

Thanks-a-lot UD...now I have (God knows how long of a learning curve) to look forward to.    ha ha..really,  Thank you for this awesome SP maker.

I assume that it was having trouble installing/Uninstalling in the Program Files X86.

I have  Win7 64bit  & my base is the IL2 1946 PC DVD from the last century I believe...

PapaG39,

Hey, great.  Thanks for trying it.  You did install that upgrade from the website right?  That gets you to about "2009" standard with some mods.  When you get good with that you can try the BETA.  BTW, there should not be problems with the x86 directory... that is weird.  But I tell you, installing games and mod tools in the C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86) is highly unadvisable.  Windows has made the whole requirement for Admin rights so frigging obnoxious to the OWNER of the computer that it is just better to install both IL-2 and mod tools elsewhere.  In those directories, you cannot save text files unless you started notepad in Admin mode and then save it... running batch files is obnoxious... ok, let me get down from my soapbox... in summary, that is why I have my games installed in a different drive and directory, for UQMG, it is M:\Program Files (x86)\UberQuickPF.

BTW, thank you again, and I recommend going through the tutorial... you will be happy with the results.

UD/dzz

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 10:02:30 PM »

Yes UD...I used your DL site & first thing I saw was  big bright yellow words that said; "Install this first"  I took that as a subtle hint
and now I am in the process of going through your fantastic tutorial.

I just let the exe do its thing on the first install and it just wouldn't install...it just quit.

anyway..that is what grandguys are for..To keep grandpas from going crazy..ha ha

I'm looking forward to sorting it all out...I more or less use the KISS (keep it simple stupid) principle so I should do O.K.after the learning curve...
A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

Cloyd

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 04:45:50 AM »

I re-installed outside of the "Program Files (x86)" folder and everything worked normally. Thanks again UD.

Cloyd

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
Re: UQMG Classic & CUP Update (BETA 1.1 RELEASE) <Edit V.13, 2 Apr 2015>
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 09:06:47 AM »

Hi UD I didnt quite understand the jsgme thingy - the 0018 update didnt appear to update thru jsgme - so i've just added that and 0018 1.1 as overwrites - is this ok? Seems to work fine btw. Win7 BTW
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2015, 04:25:46 PM »

Hi UD I didnt quite understand the jsgme thingy - the 0018 update didnt appear to update thru jsgme - so i've just added that and 0018 1.1 as overwrites - is this ok? Seems to work fine btw. Win7 BTW

hmm... ok.  I get it.  when you overwrite the contents with the new zip file, it overwrites the JSGME.ini files in the root directory and in the the jsgmemods directory and that is affecting what shows.  Best thing to do is to uninstall the 1.0 (#mod18_light000) via JSGME and then install 1.1 (#mod18_light001) via JSGME. 

Let me figure out a better way to do this... I'd rather have unique versions because at times some files may be removed altogether.

UD/dzz

[EDIT]

Actually I tried the same thing.  If you did not uninstall 1.0 (#mod18_light000) and you just installed beta 1.1 and you should have had #mod18_light001 in the Available Mods column, and #mod18_light000 in the Activated mods, provided you installed it...

Do you have UQMG installed in the default C:\Programs Files(x86) directory?  I highly discourage doing that because Win 7 is a pain when it comes to changing files in those directories, even if you are the Admin... thanks Windows!

Of course, if you never installed the first beta (1.0) and installed only 1.1, that is OK, because you don't need the old one.

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 02:19:37 AM »

Ah thats where i've gone wrong - I created a folder under Program Files but its installed into Program Files (x86) - I'll uninstall and start again UD. Cheers

UPDATE  Hi Uber I installed into Program Files\UberquickPF but when I activate the 0018 1.1 update thru JSGME the UQMB UI still states the version is 0017? Am I doing something wrong?

Mick

GOT IT! I was installing the update into the JSGME folder in IL2 CUP - silly me !!
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

RDDR Hangar19

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 01:47:30 PM »

Thanks very much for your excellent work my friend.
 All The best,
 Christopher

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 02:06:47 PM »

Thanks very much for your excellent work my friend.
 All The best,
 Christopher

Right back at you.  CUP owes A-LOT to you!

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 02:10:21 PM »

GOT IT! I was installing the update into the JSGME folder in IL2 CUP - silly me !!

Ah yeah... I thought that could cause some problems... most people associate JSGME with IL-2, but it is an excellent mod installing tool for any game... it makes installing upgrades in UQMG much easier, and it makes testing new features much more manageable.

Go SPURS!  (you must be from the town which Pee-Wee Herman sought to find his bicycle in the basement of the ALAMO!!!)

UD/dzz
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.