Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding Plane to CUP?  (Read 2034 times)

wagslead

Adding Plane to CUP?
« on: March 17, 2015, 11:06:46 AM »

Love C.U.P.!  All three modules working well.  Great work on this and congratulations to all involved.

I want to add the MB.152 in order to use SAS~Poltava's revised "Fighting for France", however adding the appropriate lines to the air.ini, weapons.ru, stationary.ini, technics.ini, etc. just don't seem to work.  I have tried placing the MB-152 folder in every location I can think of, including the JGSME and activating it there.  The WAW module starts just fine, but the MB.152 just doesn't appear in the QMB and the campaign fails to load with a "Null" message.  I've looked in the C.U.P. manual for instructions on how to add a new plane, but must have missed it...

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

Wagslead

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
Re: Adding Plane to CUP?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 11:37:59 AM »

first of all, pls wait a few more days before you start with the MB-152 campaign; I am currently in the process of "converting" it for full CUP compatibility;
second, the MB-152 works just fine in my install;
you should add it to waw and get a folder structure like this:

#WAW/00_AIR_MB-152/3do (plus some class files)/....

it is not important how you name your MB-152 folder within WAW, it is important to have the 3do folder put in the location I just wrote...

wagslead

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 01:07:10 PM »

Griffon,
Thank you very much for the info.  I'll hold off on the Fighting for France campaign but will try (using your helpful info) to install the MB.152 so it works in QMB.
Regards,
Wagslead

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 01:43:52 PM »

It is really no big deal installing aircraft :)
Once you got the hang of it you might also install the LeO 451 bomber...the campaign needs it :)

wagslead

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 05:50:18 PM »

Hi Griffon,
Well, guess I'm not smart enough to add the MB.152.  Added many planes to earlier modded versions over the years, but this one has me stumped.  BTW, I don't have either a 'plane.ru' properties file or a 'weapons.ru' properties file.  I have 'plane' and 'weapons' files plus several properties files with .fr and .de, etc. but nothing with .ru.  Could that be the problem?
At al loss right now...
Cheers,
Wagslead

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 03:57:31 AM »

As I understand it #WAW is just another #MODS folder so just add stuff as you normally would have before
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 04:33:25 AM »

thats entirely correct RIP!
just treat the #WAW folder as any mod folder you have done in the past;
but make sure to update the STD folder or single ini files if you add something to them..just to make sure you can revert back should anything go wrong..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 26 queries.