Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JWV Donbass(East Ukraine)  (Read 4750 times)

The_Alaska_Man

• TAM
  • Modder
  • Map modder
JWV Donbass(East Ukraine)
« on: March 16, 2015, 05:03:38 PM »

Hello SAS, today I have yet another map modification in my JWV series, this time it's Oknevas East Ukraine map, with that said, the original map is not mine and all credit goes to him, you can find it here (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,14361.0.html)

A little heads up:

This is just a beta at this point, and most of the airfields have minimal populating, if anyone would like to help me with this, please feel free to contact me via PM or just in the thread itself. Also, I plan on adding more airfields in the mean time, but I thought I'd release this to see what you all think.

DOWNLOAD LINK
https://www.mediafire.com/download/86k0pey0l1e5eep/TAM_Donbass%28V.1%29.rar

Pics of airfields

Just call me TAM.

David Prosser

Re: JWV Donbass(East Ukraine)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 10:01:13 PM »

It's best to keep airfields minimal. It saves time, and gives mission builders more options. Especially in WWI.

242Sqn_Cat

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 03:07:23 AM »

It's best to keep airfields minimal. It saves time, and gives mission builders more options. Especially in WWI.

?? This is a Jet war version - airfields from the modern era are complicated. Alaska Man's layouts look good to me.
:cheers:

David Prosser

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 09:37:08 PM »

Oh, I see.

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 06:33:36 PM »

I take it this addition only works for DBW users, because with 4.12.2 and Modact there are only odd bits of runway dotted about.

Like this.....

G;
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

The_Alaska_Man

• TAM
  • Modder
  • Map modder
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 07:29:41 PM »

Whoops, sorry about that G, to get it to work in 4.12 you need to add the DBW and UP objects into your 4.12 install

Code: [Select]
HOW TO USE WITH 4.12
1. What you need to do is, take the SFS files from your 4.101 install, AKA up_objetcs, dbw_objetcs and put them in your SFS_Auto folder in your 4.12 install
2. You then need to take the entries from your "static" notepad in your 4.101 install, find the lines for the objects, and add them to your 4.12 static notepad.
3. Some objects: KDP_Plates,Tarmac plates,Blister hangar, and if you need any other objects just press shift+tab when the map loads up, if theres an error that means you're missing an object. Just make search in your 4.101 static notepad, find the line, and add it to your 4.12 static notepad

I hope this is explained enough, please let me know if it works
Just call me TAM.

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 05:34:39 AM »

Ah... no error on loadup, just no runways.

I don't have a 4.10.1 install, and I never installed DBW so I guess that rules this one out..  It does seem strange though as most of the missing runway plates look to be very similar to original stock items, so I am surprised they are not visible.

I checked out the other Jetwar update maps and they have similar issues for 4.12 users. Perhaps an "add on" pack of the plates used with a list of the required static entries might help when considering future releases.

Regards,

G;
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

The_Alaska_Man

• TAM
  • Modder
  • Map modder
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 01:02:59 AM »

Ah... no error on loadup, just no runways.

I don't have a 4.10.1 install, and I never installed DBW so I guess that rules this one out..  It does seem strange though as most of the missing runway plates look to be very similar to original stock items, so I am surprised they are not visible.

I checked out the other Jetwar update maps and they have similar issues for 4.12 users. Perhaps an "add on" pack of the plates used with a list of the required static entries might help when considering future releases.

Regards,

G;

Sorry about the inconvenience G, I'll do my best to work out a solution for you.
Just call me TAM.

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 02:38:21 AM »

Thanks for that, I am sure I am not alone with this issue.

Just out of interest,  Is there a way you can identify/list which plates you added to the map to create the new runways. If so I could easily create a small add on pack.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 03:39:08 AM »

I posted a reply in the modders section.

BTW thanks for your work TAM, but as soon as this thread gets any sign of political stuff, I'll do a first and make sure it gets closed by me or an editor admin. ;) Not personal.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 28 queries.