Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disabeling JapanCat's Bf-109 3D fixes in HSFX 7  (Read 2682 times)

Panzerfaust60

Disabeling JapanCat's Bf-109 3D fixes in HSFX 7
« on: March 15, 2015, 12:39:59 AM »

How could I go about disabling JapanCat's Bf-109 3D model improvements mod in HSFX 7?
As great as the 3D fixes are, they are utterly incomparable with all my skins, as well as the defaults, so that instead of improving the planes affected, this mod is in fact making them look 'off', and for me almost unplayable. And even if I changed the defaults, it'd still make all the old skins I have redundant.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
Re: Disabeling JapanCat's Bf-109 3D fixes in HSFX 7
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 03:41:49 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean, because I got the BF-109 Ultimate pack ( https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,37634.0.html ) which includes Japancats work but I have not noticed any problems. Can you post a screen of at least one problem so that I know what to look for?

Panzerfaust60

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 10:32:16 AM »

Well, I may have been a bit hyperbolic, the 3D changes are fantastic, but note the areas around the cockpit (since it was moved back), and the spinner

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 01:10:48 PM »

These errors are not present in my game (Modact 5.3).
Try to add the msh files from the Ultimate Bf 109 pack to HSFX7.

Panzerfaust60

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 05:25:44 PM »

Thanks VP, after a lot of time and fiddling about, that solution worked. Interestingly the BF-109 Ultimate pack only implements a part of JapanCat's 3d changes. Notably, JapanaCat slimmed down the fuselage, moved the cockpit a bit back, slimmed the G-6 gunbulges down, and modeled the inside of the radiators, and all of these changes seem to have been omitted form the Ultimate Pack, probably so the models would still be compatible with older skins.

I wonder if the issues I had with the 109 is something that all HSFX users have, well I don't remember tinkering with anything, so it should be ...

Is there anyone else using HSFX interested in reverting these particular mesh-changes?

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 11:55:38 PM »

I'm glad that its worked. My first request when I arrived to this site was about removing Japancats Zeros from DBW because they made my skins unusable. :)

I'm pretty sure that people could use a 'HSFX ready' fix for these bugs.

Paulo Hirth

• MOD is Life!
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 08:12:03 PM »

This happen because the position of JapanCat canopy are correct, like 109 really was, a bit more to back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 26 queries.