Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ...back to square one. CUP bit me in de Rear Fender...  (Read 5757 times)

slipper

• Modder
Re: ...back to square one. CUP bit me in de Rear Fender...
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 07:48:41 AM »

Guys

It may be better to let Monty and co, know what planes, objects etc you would like added to which module. That way it will avoid further conflicts and I'm sure there are certain things we will all add.

Maybe we could get a thread going of planes we would like added, or changed to CUP. Monty has already mentioned that he would like to work with people to get further modules implemented, I am slowly working on a compilation of nightfighters that I am going to ask Monty to add.

Regards

Slipper

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 08:16:11 AM »

Slipper, I agree 100%; I have asked for a dedicated CUP forum or only even a suggestions, improvements thread, but for now to no avail...

actually, I did experiment with my TFM 4.12 install quite a bit and have added this and that, so I do not mind adding to CUP as well;
if Simon packs it into SFS files later on, all I need to do would be remove the manually added folders from WAW, the ini entries would be here already;
so I do not mind experimenting a little bit here...
but as you said, it would be much better to make a community effort out of proposing stuff :)

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2015, 10:54:57 AM »

Well if you did it, for chrissakes, imma gonna get that to work too.
-edit 3 files
throw a bunch of Junk[ers] into the #WAW Folder
enable. done.

how hard can it be?! [famous last words]
no seriously...  :)
Collecting dislikes since December '82.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 11:37:07 AM »

ah Typhoon you will surely manage to do it, but pay attention, i took the pack from StefanSG, not the original one from page one of the thread...

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 01:17:32 PM »

yup...
that could be it. removed the classfile Storebror suggested to delete and ... still CTD.
i really need to be more patient and read every thread from front to end.
disable... edit...enable...

so far, i fiddled around with the files/read the forums/re-learn the CTD signs for 12 hours.
time to play and check out? 1 hour at best.

time for CUP is running out already before i have even set it up.
Collecting dislikes since December '82.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2015, 03:40:13 PM »

Yes

But to save everyone having to do these changes every time they updated, it would be easier in my opinion to have them installed in the sfs file in the first place.

For example another WAW plane missing is the A-26B, its in JTW, but if i add it to WAW i will have to re add it every time there is an update, it would be much easier to have it in WAW from the beginning as i can't imagine i will be the only one adding this plane.

regards

slipper

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 05:20:09 AM »

Yeah - They ain't MISSING!  This is all I got around to before the release.  I could have kept it in development for another couple of months, dotting i's and crossing t's...

Many of the featured mods are step-ups from earlier versions to a 412 platform, which is no simple matter either.  It seems easy to pop mods in and out now but getting each base module established, stable and into SFS format took many weeks of hard testing.  I crashed and crashed and crashed Il2 again and again and again, so no sympathy here!

So; we have it now, we have it working, stable and uploaded. 

Now we can start to build on what we have and get the AIR.inis, and their matching static models (Stationary and Technics too) back up to scratch.

Upgraded AIR.inis from stock will be easy addons and more aircraft converted to SFS.

C.U.P. has established a new principle install and modding method which we are already taking for granted as we get back to business.

I'm looking for your input, and help.  I'm listening and we can get it done.  But there was nothing half-baked in order to get it out when we did.

Nothing is Missing - Some just haven't arrived yet...  ;D

Slipper's suggestion is excellent:  Lets get a wishlist together for the modules and we can convert/test/SFS pack and Upgrade.  When making suggestions, please help by including links.

We have our own forum now, so we can make C.U.P. exactly as we want it.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 05:33:54 AM »

great idea Simon!
and quite a few ideas have found their way into the release thread already; here are just a few of my ideas and I can tell you, I got two WAW moduls running currently, one stock and one quite heavily modded already just to see what is possible without killing the base stock game;
ok, my suggestions would be to add more Forgotten Airforces planes; it does not make much sense IMHO to have a great Forgotten Nations patch and no aircraft to equip them with;
nearly all Polish aircraft are missing as are many French ones; the Dutch could use some help and quite a few early war Russian birds are missing too;
while we are at it, pls add more USN birds; the F4U2, the F6F5(N), the Helldivers, the Vindicator, there are two marks of Privateers available;
the RAF could use the Spit XVI, a lovely bird and one of my favourite marks of Spitfire;
oh and for a proper 46 scenario, the prototype and fictional section could use an update too; we got the ME-209, the 509, the Paulus modded Tanks, several more ME-262s, I think I have not seen the 4 engined Arado 234 variant oh and even the stock HE-111s can be updated with more marks and stuff....

there is still lots of bang you could put into the buck, lets get on :)

csvousden

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2015, 06:11:06 AM »

Question on the Yak-9B:  When you added it, did you get all the ordnance to show up?  I seem to get the plane, but not all the loadouts show up.

Just curious.

CV
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 25 queries.