Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: A rough road to get to CUP  (Read 5403 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: A rough road to get to CUP
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 10:55:30 AM »

You have a very weak GPU with very limited graphics RAM, that's likely also the reason why you cannot get most of the possible graphics resolutions to work.
To fix your Paratroopers error, and maybe even to get more resolutions running, see here:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,9756.msg185522.html#msg185522

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

propnut27

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 07:41:41 AM »

Thank you Storebror. This suggestion has helped greatly. Thing are going very much better now.

DougW60

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2015, 05:08:33 PM »

Propnut  - a bit late but are you still having problems?  I noticed a couple of things that were not proposed that may help.

1.  Have you set your executable command FBIL2.exe "compatibility mode" to either Windows 7 or Windows XP? To do this, right-click on the file, select compatibility tab, check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" then using the pull down menu underneath the box, check what version of windows you want to run IL-2 in.  When Il-2 originally came out, Windows XP was the operating system.

Another box you can check within this tab is "Run this program as administrator"

I noticed that Windows 8.1 has a "Run compatibility troubleshooter" button at the top of this tab.  I have not used it so unknown if it will help.

2.  After getting your config.ini file in an acceptable working order, set it properties to read only.  This will stop anything from changing it.

These are things I remember over the years that helped people who have had like problems as you are having.

propnut27

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2015, 06:14:53 PM »

Thanks for chiming in, Doug. I have been finding tat the Config.ini, and Setup files refuse stay where I put them. I have to check them before each fight or they'll set themselves to something else entirely. These sound like good suggestions to me. I'll try them as soon as I can, and report back.

Gil

DougW60

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2015, 10:43:46 AM »

Propnut - in one of your post, you said you have a "stock video card that came with the OS."  Are you saying that your computer does not have a discreet video card attached to the motherboard?  The two companies most associated with video cards are AMD and nvidia.  If you do have a video card, what is the brand and model. I.E. Radeon 7970 / GtX 770. I have not heard of an OS analyzing a program to determine video setting before so it may be that your computer is using integrated video from the CPU.  If this is the case, buy a dedicated video card. If you intend on sticking with Il-2 1946 then you do not need to purchase the most expensive video cards out there, but consider future proofing your system so that the card you buy today should handle your needs for the next couple years.

propnut27

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2015, 07:47:51 PM »

Doug, I'm sorry if I was confusing. I meant that my computer had an integral video facility built into the motherboard. I have a pretty good machine, an HP p7-1410. One of the suggestions I got involved me getting a new Video card. This is what I did. I got a PNY Nvidia Geforce 610 with 2g of video ram. That is now up and running very nicely. The game is performing well, although I have to say that, after using DBW for a while, v4.12.2m seems a bit sparce. Once I screw up the courage to try to load up CUP I'm hoping to be thoroughly WOWed. Thanks for your taking an interest.

Gil

DougW60

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 08:13:22 AM »

No problem brother - even though a lot of post will highlight difficulties with CUP, the MOD is amazing. I have no regrets or complaints about it.  I posted in another subject that I believe the CUP is the best MOD that supports IL-2 for off line playing and the competition is strong.  Working with the excellent Daibalos guys, Il-2 has remained excellent for 14 years.  That is truly an accomplishment that cannot be praised enough.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 24 queries.