Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 50   Go Down

Author Topic: Weekly progress report  (Read 121575 times)

Stainless

Re: Weekly progress report
« Reply #276 on: September 20, 2018, 01:21:41 AM »

Was bored so wrote a loading screen.

Clouds are raytraced in a single shader and are moving towards you, fuel flow is the amount of data loaded per frame, fuel level is the loading progress.

Blind man would be happy to see it.

Stainless

« Reply #277 on: September 20, 2018, 04:28:13 AM »

Which of course led to a new main menu system..... sigh...

andoodle

« Reply #278 on: September 20, 2018, 10:58:30 PM »

This looks good, Stainless. However, if there is one thing I wish to know, it is this: Is there a chance that there would be freeware versions of the missions, campaigns, terrains, aircraft, sea vehicles, and land vehicles (like convoy trucks and trains) based on those from IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 and its "B.A.T." super-mod, IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover and its upcoming add-on (which might be based on the North Africa campaign), and the "IL-2 Great Battles" series (including "Battle of Stalingrad," "Battle of Moscow," "Battle of Kuban," "Battle of Bodenplatte," "Flying Circus, Vol. 1," and "Tank Crew: Clash at Prokhorovka")? I am sorry for asking such a lousy, and possibly-controversial, question, but I felt that I needed to get it off my chest. With that in mind, I wish to know. Thank you for your time. Carry on.

Stainless

« Reply #279 on: September 20, 2018, 11:47:39 PM »

The whole thing will be free, along with the tool chain.

At the moment it is possible to import meshes (aircraft, vehicles, buildings) from Il2.

When I get to missions I will see if I can have an option to import missions from IL2 as well.

Terrain is the big problem. It is taking me a long time to come up with a good solution as IL2 uses a system that is not very generic. I will come up with something though

DarkBlueBoy

• Supporter
  • Learning slowly...
« Reply #280 on: September 21, 2018, 12:46:29 AM »

Yet another reason why everyone in our community should get behind this! Your invested time, skills, knowledge and dedication to this project are admirable Stainless. Thank you.

slibenli

• IL-2 Graphics Extender
« Reply #281 on: September 21, 2018, 01:00:16 AM »

At the moment it is possible to import meshes (aircraft, vehicles, buildings) from Il2.

When I get to missions I will see if I can have an option to import missions from IL2 as well.

Terrain is the big problem. It is taking me a long time to come up with a good solution as IL2 uses a system that is not very generic. I will come up with something though

I don't know if my terrain code will be of any help (it's also still very messy).
I'm still in the process of making it more generic and reusable - there are still some IL2 specific bits.

Anyway here it is: https://gitlab.com/vrresto/render_util.
The involved code is mostly in:
https://gitlab.com/vrresto/render_util/blob/master/src/map_textures.cpp
https://gitlab.com/vrresto/render_util/blob/master/src/terrain_cdlod.cpp
https://gitlab.com/vrresto/render_util/blob/master/shaders/terrain_cdlod.program (and the shaders referenced in there)
And then there is the IL2-specific map loader:
https://gitlab.com/vrresto/il2ge/blob/master/common/map_loader.cpp

All quite messy, I'm afraid - especially the shader code  :-[

Pursuivant

« Reply #282 on: September 21, 2018, 10:48:02 AM »

Thanks for the explanation!

Tanks definitely would just be aircraft without aerodynamic components. So the turrets and tracks would be animated. Turrets can be swapped. Paint schemes swapped.

I assume that this also applies to ships and other potentially "flyable" vehicles.

andoodle

« Reply #283 on: September 21, 2018, 02:45:56 PM »

Alright, then, Mr. Stainless. Like I said, I only wish to know if I, as well as everyone else on this forum, would be able to use the things (vehicles (including aircraft), buildings, terrains, and missions) from the "IL-2 Great Battles" series (including the IL-2 Sturmovik reboot of Rise of Flight), as well as IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover and its upcoming North Africa add-on, as well as IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 and its B.A.T. super-mod. Sorry. :(

Stainless

« Reply #284 on: September 21, 2018, 11:46:20 PM »

Thanks for the explanation!

Tanks definitely would just be aircraft without aerodynamic components. So the turrets and tracks would be animated. Turrets can be swapped. Paint schemes swapped.

I assume that this also applies to ships and other potentially "flyable" vehicles.

Yes, anything that ends up as a mesh.

Stainless

« Reply #285 on: September 21, 2018, 11:57:10 PM »

All quite messy, I'm afraid - especially the shader code  :-[

I have grabbed a copy, will take the time this week to look at it.

Stainless

« Reply #286 on: October 02, 2018, 03:50:25 AM »

Some more progress.

I exported 2 aircraft from IL2 directly into the game just to see how close I am.

I still have some issues to clear up, but clear progress.

The spitfire 9c went across almost perfectly. I can see some alpha handling issues in the textures, but the mesh looks ok.

The Russian SB-2M-103 did not come across as well. Not sure why yet.

Still a kick in the butt is a free step forward.

Stainless

« Reply #287 on: October 02, 2018, 03:51:16 AM »

Oh and the little "eye" symbol is my gaze point.

I have eye tracking and head tracking built in.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 50   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 27 queries.