Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Wish list  (Read 12042 times)

adambegg

Re: Wish list
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 06:47:05 AM »

Triggers in missions would be nice, to play sound files, change targets, provide updated orders or activate AI actions.  I've seen some very good campaigns in other sims that use this.

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 01:16:42 PM »

What about clickable cockpits? I know there was a poll?
Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

Stainless

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2015, 02:28:36 AM »

- Correct seasons and climate for the southern hemisphere.

Planned. Atmospheric model already takes account of latitude.

- Correct star and constellations positions in night sky.

Planned. Already downloaded the star maps.

Triggers in missions would be nice, to play sound files, change targets, provide updated orders or activate AI actions.

Planned. I also want conditional triggers. IF (primary target blocked by weather) { move to secondary target }

What about clickable cockpits?

Probable. I still like the idea of a zoom mode, but coming around to the idea.

kostasfw190d

• http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?action=register
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2015, 11:10:18 AM »

one of the main reasons This game is  popular is because It is simple to the User with simple controls and not too many keys simply not to complicate for the user

I will say keep it that way on the
control keys or at least as few as possible

simplicity not to complicate for the user after all is just a game

POSTSCRIPT thanks for your job and personnel time devoted to make our life and the il2 better 

Stainless

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2015, 02:28:54 AM »

I think the key feature is to make it easy to play for casual users, BUT have a mode that allows much more complexity for those that want it.

Maty12

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2015, 04:48:01 PM »

I think I may be too late, but can I suggest realistic engine start up? You know, batteries, generators, primers, starters (Or energizers and mesh switches, in the B-25's case).

Stainless

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2015, 02:29:36 AM »

Already in, but optional.

Not everyone wants to spend 10 minutes doing the pre-flight checks, so it had to be optional.

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2015, 08:45:58 AM »

Just to piggy-back on what Pierre118 suggested.
Current IL2 map ground textures are strange in that the "ground" seems slightly blurred (i.e. lacking in definition) whereas the road/rail/building etc on that 'ground' stick out to the extent that they seem separate from the actual map.  I'm not sure if I explained that correctly.
All that to say that the textures of the ground versus the 3D objects such as buildings, roads, rails etc should be blended better.
I'm not sure if it's the right terminology but map 'plates' should be closer in texture/definition to the 3D objects that will be sitting on them for a 'blended' effect and more overall texture continuity.
Am I making sense, LOL?

Having said that, I realize the focus should be on the 'flight' aspect of the sim and not necessarily the map textures but I'm sure you'll agree that anomalies on a map break the overall immersion.

Keep on plugging away.

P.S.  I have contributed some 3D stationary objects to the game and have basic skills with 3DS Max but am willing to assist in that realm if you think I can contribute.

Stainless

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2015, 02:28:59 AM »

Thanks, any help I can get will be gratefully received.

At the moment I am working on the assumption that 90% of the game assets can be collected from here and other open sources, but there is always something you just cannot find.

fallout3

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2015, 12:48:45 PM »

Maybe...AI that you could fly in formation with from take off to landing. Seems that the IL-2 AI always switch to a even more simplified FM at landing, and they never takeoff and landing in formation like often did in real life.

Maty12

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2015, 05:45:20 AM »

Are waves gonna be a thing? We currently only have 2 games where both Seaplanes and waves are a thing: GTA V and War Thunder, and frankly that's a battle GTA's winning by a lot.

Also, can I request that you help me import this into the game at some point? It's a PBM Mariner, I've been making this 3d model for about a month now, would love to get it into your game. Will the game have support for high polygon models, or is the poly count as limited as IL-2? Some parts are still very low polygon, because I first did an extremely basic outline of the aircraft:

Stainless

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2015, 02:49:10 AM »

I'm not going to impose any polygon limits.

Of course that means that some aircraft may be too complex for some peoples PC's, but they can just not use those aircraft.

Waves will be modeled, I have code in the bag for ships. It just applies a force on the collision mesh based on wave displacement values.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 28 queries.