Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Fighter Boys" updated to 4.12!  (Read 10389 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Re: "Fighter Boys" updated to 4.12!
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 03:47:30 PM »

Hmm, I thought there was a "BBC" radio pack to be found at mission4today, but no. I have made my own collection of music and historical radio broadcasts etc that I use. (I shall check to see if it is fit to post.) Perhaps someone else knows where you can find a BBC pack to D/L?  :-\\
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

blackshark

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 12:35:54 AM »

thank you for your time, i would appreciate very much if you can post them

vegetarian

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 09:13:39 AM »

There was a BBC radio pack with Monty's TFM The Next Level. I don't think it is still linked here, but you can find it at http://www.derrierloisirs.fr/il2/bdd2012/. I think that might be what you are looking for.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 12:32:53 PM »

Thanks for the tip, vegetarian. I don't have access to my regular rig right now, so this will help those who need a BBC Radio pack soon.
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Cloyd

blackshark

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 08:38:33 AM »

i'm playing this campaign in CUP and, well, it's my first campaign and i like it very much.

i have questions:

i had big troubles landing in the two "dark" mission (mid campaign, mission 7&8 iirc), because i was not able to see the strip and the lights were not enough to show it; i asked ground control but no more lights ... how did you manage to land there ? after 3 crashes, i had to use autopilot to land

i see a "beacon/radio station" on the map, and when i pressed the "beacon" key, i see it is BBC radio station, but no music at all; is there another key/command to hear bbc ?

as you suggested, i selected the flying officer and so i played it as "number two" and cover my boss. But is it possibile to play it as "boss" with the option to use "commands" to give orders (rejoin, cover me, etc) to the other two pilots ?

1. Yes, those landings ARE tricky. The autopilot is your ultimate friend...  ;)

2. No, that's probably because you must have sound files in the BBC folder first. Check your folder!

3. Then simply select a much higher rank. But that is only possible at the start of the campaign, I'm afraid.

Look out for the hun in the sun - and tally-ho!  :)

i just finished the campaign and it was great.
i restarted it aa the highest rank, because i would like to use the commands (break/rejoin/cover/attack my targets, etc....) with other planes of my squadron.
so i started the first two missions:
- first mission, no other plane moved
- second mission, when i taxi for the takeoff, other planes move but it seems they come from the other side of the strip and do not obey my commands ... should they obey my orders ? if yes, how is the takeoff managed ? should they follow me the in the takeoff too or will the start obeying me after takeoff ?

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 02:22:49 PM »

That taxi-to-waypoint can be tricky. Sometimes you will have to "nudge" the aircraft before you in the line, to get it to move off. Sometimes it can help by delaying your own take-off. It's all about the sequence. (But it will not always be exactly the same problem if you refly the same mission  :-| so sometimes replaying the mission can help.)

But when I get some time I will take a serious look at these two missions, see if I can change it a bit. As I said: That taxi-to-waypoint can be tricky.  :o

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2015, 12:48:00 PM »

i just finished the campaign and it was great.
i restarted it aa the highest rank, because i would like to use the commands (break/rejoin/cover/attack my targets, etc....) with other planes of my squadron.
so i started the first two missions:
- first mission, no other plane moved
- second mission, when i taxi for the takeoff, other planes move but it seems they come from the other side of the strip and do not obey my commands ... should they obey my orders ? if yes, how is the takeoff managed ? should they follow me the in the takeoff too or will the start obeying me after takeoff ?

I'm sorry blackshark, but I have been unable to duplicate this behaviour in either mission. Especially in mission one this sounds very, VERY strange, as there are only two aircraft taking off, belonging to the same flight, and then the taxi-to-takeoff should be NO problem at all.  :-|

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2015, 01:51:17 PM »

Blackshark, just a question; Did you tell #2 to start their engines?
4th Generation Intel

Taypay

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2015, 08:18:20 PM »

I am currently flying this campaign, having a great time with it, Thank you for updating it.

Taypay
Semper Fi

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2015, 01:30:55 AM »

Thanks for the appreciation Taypay!

BTW: all feed-back is appreciated, not least spotted glitches, which I always will try to fix!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 26 queries.