Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Those darnned T-55 !  (Read 1696 times)

Hubberranz

• Modder
Those darnned T-55 !
« on: February 06, 2015, 03:37:29 PM »

Her is a video showing an "Epic duel in the desert, involving an helicopter and a T-55.

It's a sorry point that the video is wrongfully called "Apache..." as per it's front picture; it is actually furious duel between a
Westland "Lynx" helicopter ( assisted by an observation "Gazelle" ) and a cunning and experienced T-55 Iraki crew.

I was so inspired by the video, that I got the T-55 installed in my 412, and thought "I would have a blast".
I don't have the AH-1 installed yet there, and certainly not the new Terminator, so I disregarded the attack Mils because
they run too low on fuel... and ventured out in a "Wessex" armed with rockets and got myself ...hum... blasted !
4 x T-55 approaching the aribase, I thought would be easy: on my first pass realised I had no
aiming reticle pointed the nose down at the last second, and presses the missile trigger and nothing happens,
except me pulling up and flying in semi-large half circle; at 160' in the turn I got blown out of the sky and the T-55's
resumed their formation. Seeking revenge I got myself in a HS-129 with 75mm; unfortunately on the new
map the tanks travelled into a valley with high cliff  on both sides, moving towards and across a bridge before
they headded back out. It took some doing just keeping the Hs-129 from smashing into the cliffs, find the targets
and try to align and fire. After I spent all my ammo, I had destroyed 1 x tank. Exit the valley and pressed
the autopilot to have a look around.. the hs-129 went straight into the ground ! The tail was half gone ! LoL.

So very good mod the T-55 !   This happen a couple weeks ago and it took me some time to digest it.  :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 24 queries.