Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TouchBuddy  (Read 1645 times)

steven197106

• Observer
TouchBuddy
« on: January 17, 2015, 05:58:39 PM »

Found this has anybody use it before, http://touch-buddy.com/forums/faq/18-master-faq.html
i7-5820k CPU 3.30gHZ, 16 GB ram, RTX 2080 Graphic card, 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor, VKB- T-Rudders Mk.III pedals, VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick with VPC Desk Mount, VPC Extensions Set with a thrustmaster warthog grip on the stick, saitek TPM System, thrustmaster warthog throttle,

Bee

• Modder
Re: TouchBuddy
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 04:44:40 AM »

I've used it.  It wasn't too good as the touch-only limitation means you have to always take your eyes off the screen to use the fiddly little knobs and sliders.  I uninstalled it after a while.  Nice for FSX I imagine, but not too much practical value for us. 

HotelAlpha

• F.A.C #7
  • Modder
  • Tactical dominance is key
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 10:58:31 AM »

I think it would be the same for FSX... You have clickable, virtual cockpits on any aircraft actually worth flying. I guess this is an idea that is simply not fun
"All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics" -Sydney Camm

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 01:18:18 AM »

I like the idea. Unfortunately it's closed source, otherwise I would have tried to make a port of it for android, since as much as I understood the application is written in Visual Basic, which can easily be translated to C# which in turn is supported for android with the release of Visual Studio 2015.
Well, since this is no option, this particular application unfortunately is of no use to me.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 08:02:55 AM »

Yes I've used it and there are a couple of profiles written for IL2 (on the TB site). Never got along with it though - same reason as Bee plus my touchscreen didn't always respond to first touch, as if the focus was constantly being taken off that monitor.

Regards,

M
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 24 queries.