Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Making the Tomoose vehicles move.  (Read 14260 times)

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
Re: Making the Tomoose vehicles move.
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 11:23:02 AM »

Pete;
I did do a US Staff car but didn't 'release' it per se.  I was having difficulty with "shadows" on the surface of the texture (I'm still a noob with manipulating vertices to get a smooth, flat surface in some cases).  I was also having issues with an "invisible" interior (i.e. the dreaded normals).  Duplicating and inversing normals to "solidify" the interior put me over the max faces number and I gave up on it.

I'm one of those types who leaves something if I'm not in the mood and then after a while come back to it.   :\'(

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 12:29:57 PM »

Many thanks Pete!

You are most welcome Costas, I hope the update is to your liking.

Pete;
I did do a US Staff car but didn't 'release' it per se.  I was having difficulty with "shadows" on the surface of the texture (I'm still a noob with manipulating vertices to get a smooth, flat surface in some cases).  I was also having issues with an "invisible" interior (i.e. the dreaded normals).  Duplicating and inversing normals to "solidify" the interior put me over the max faces number and I gave up on it.

I'm one of those types who leaves something if I'm not in the mood and then after a while come back to it.   :\'(

Thanks for that tomoose, I thought I had lost it. ;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

David Prosser

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 08:07:29 PM »

I got this working last night without the technics.ru. Initially, I thought it wouldn't. But I installed it, and the game started fine. Thanks for animating the trucks. I'll use them in RAF careers where applicable.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 12:55:45 AM »

Glad you like the choice Peter, as for convoys that is something I need to learn how to do for this set of vehicles and the Stalker project pack. ;)
More for the to do list eh. :D

My modding skills are NIL compared to yours, but THAT is something I will be glad to help you with! I could wait until the Quad Tractor is rolling, or have a go straight away - what do you say?

All the best
/P
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 01:26:44 PM »

I got this working last night without the technics.ru. Initially, I thought it wouldn't. But I installed it, and the game started fine. Thanks for animating the trucks. I'll use them in RAF careers where applicable.

Glad you like them David.  8)

As for not using the technics entries. ???  They usually make things go, the objects will probably show without crashing your pc, not sure what happens though without those entries. :-\\

My modding skills are NIL compared to yours, but THAT is something I will be glad to help you with! I could wait until the Quad Tractor is rolling, or have a go straight away - what do you say?

All the best
/P

Hello Peter, not sure what you wish to do here, could you please clarify?

First step with these vehicles is to do the java and get them running to see what is then needed. 

Now if you have had a go at one of Mike's superb java tutorials in the school I can send you my java sources and you can try and add whatever vehicle
you want to those. ;) 

I am sorry to say that I could not teach you java, but if you already know how to use that and have eclipse running then my files would give you a start.

With that done you can then see if the 3d needs to be altered, ie turned in a certain direction, or it may be you can leave it alone.

I can try and explain to you how that is done but you would need gmax up and running and a few programs that I may not be able to give links for out here on the public boards, that would mean me doing a explanation for you by PM or in the school itself.

If you make vehicle skins they are probably the biggest contribution anyone could make at the moment, all the vehicles were used world wide so it would certainly give more scope to the pack if we had skins for all theatres.

As for the convoy thing you mentioned, at the moment I do not know myself how that works.  It maybe I have to produce a jave file to make it work or it could be just adding text entries in the chief and technics files. :-\\

Missions and campaigns definately. 8)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 02:13:52 PM »

As for the convoy thing you mentioned, at the moment I do not know myself how that works.  It maybe I have to produce a jave file to make it work or it could be just adding text entries in the chief and technics files. :-\\

Yes, convoys, that was the thing I was refering to, and yes, it's all about adding text entries in those files, plus in technics_ru.properties. EXTREMELY easy compared to what you guys are doing  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2015, 02:41:53 PM »

Yes, convoys, that was the thing I was refering to, and yes, it's all about adding text entries in those files, plus in technics_ru.properties. EXTREMELY easy compared to what you guys are doing  :)

Go for it Peter, I look forward to seeing your work on that. 8)

I would suggest doing something for the existing pack for the moment as I am not yet sure when I will be making a start on the other vehicles. ;)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2015, 12:47:42 PM »

The Dodge and the Quad tractor have now been added to the java. ;)

I am pleased to say they actually seem to be correctly orientated and are going the right way so I may not need to open up the 3d. 8)

Maybe just add the hitbox from one of the others and they should be good to go. :D

Need to do a bit more experimenting though.

The stationaries:

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2015, 03:04:45 PM »

Just a thought. :D

What do you think would be the best towing vehicle for the ATC Shack?

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2015, 11:01:19 AM »

The RAF Tilley, actually!

The Quad Tractor is a STRONG puller, and would probably be more happy towing the 105mm gun (with shield) from Eperviers New Vehicles Pack, no 4A. Just my 2 cents  :)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2015, 01:49:14 PM »

The RAF Tilley, actually!

You could be right there. ;)

The Quad and Dodge suitably disfigured for the dead model:

Yes, I concede I do not have the talent for 3d that tomoose has but in the absence of a specific dead texture it will have
to do for now. :-[

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2015, 02:38:33 PM »

That will do very nicely!  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.