Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: US Marine Aviation pack (F/A-18C/D, AV-8B+) v3.1  (Read 147050 times)

S3231541

• s3231541
  • SAS Honourable Member
US Marine Aviation pack (F/A-18C/D, AV-8B+) v3.1
« on: December 29, 2014, 02:01:37 AM »

[BETA] US Marine Aviation pack (F/A-18C/D, AV-8B+) v3.2 (02/09/2016 International Time)
An Add-On for Il-2 1956 by the SAS Modding Community

(This main pages contain several information, notices and warning, so please read this carefully before proceed with installing the mod to avoid any future confusion, malfunction and frustration, thank you)

F/A - 18 Hornet

The McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) F/A-18 Hornet is a twin-engine supersonic, all-weather carrier-capable multirole combat jet, designed as both a fighter and attack aircraft (F/A designation for Fighter/Attack). Designed by McDonnell Douglas and Northrop, the F/A-18 was derived from the latter's YF-17 in the 1970s for use by the United States Navy and Marine Corps. The Hornet is also used by the air forces of several other nations. The U.S. Navy's Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels, has used the Hornet since 1986.

AV - 8B Harrier II+

The McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) AV-8B Harrier II is a single-engine ground-attack aircraft that constitutes the second generation of the Harrier Jump Jet family. Capable of vertical or short takeoff and landing (V/STOL), the aircraft was designed in the late 1970s as an Anglo-American development of the British Hawker Siddeley Harrier, the first operational V/STOL aircraft. Named after a bird of prey,[8] it is primarily employed on light attack or multi-role missions, ranging from close air support of ground troops to armed reconnaissance. The AV-8B is used by the United States Marine Corps (USMC), the Spanish Navy, and the Italian Navy. A variant of the AV-8B, the British Aerospace Harrier II, was developed for the British military, while another, the TAV-8B, is a dedicated two-seat trainer.

Cockpit

This is a 3d cockpit, highly detailed, functional HUD, Radar, DDI, gauges, etc but with limited function due to game engine limitation.

Credit:

Texx and Zsoltfireman - Template and textures
Vega - Java and Flight Model
SAS~Jacks - Flight model
Cy6 - java work
CrazyFlak and Red_fox90 - MK-84 bomb
GJE52 -  3d work and texture
Anto - Java work
wasted - Java work
Raptor and Granger - Missiles
Mirrage - Cockpit
Gerd - java work
Gruner - effect work
Storebror - some Java work and dependency cleanup, conversion from HD to SD by default, FM
Western0221 - java work
Benitomuso - java work
Ranwers - 3d work and textures
SAS-Malone - textures
Fly! - Sound
Tom2 - information and testing
S3 - a bit of everything

Notice:

1/ The aircraft have a little different flight model compare to any other aircraft currently in IL2, which might require a bit of adaptation including adjusting your own joystick setting.
2/ This mod is coding intensive and required a special mod environment to work with. It is highly recommend that you do not try to install this mod onto your current game. Make a clone of your #SAS folder before making changes. I hold no responsibility in case it does break your game. You have been warned!.
3/ This mod require editing core game java class in order to work properly. Which mean that adapting the mod to other game version from the one specified below is virtually impossible. However, even if I won't do it, I don't prevent anyone from doing so.
4/ This mod is released under the DWTFYWWI license.
5/ Limitation:
     - Not all instruments and panels are working, due to game engine limitation, some are simulated, and some are left out.
     - Damage model is buggy.
6/ Development of this project still continue even after its initial beta release. Your input will help with the project as well. If you have suggestion, please be specific, informative and provide proof in form of document or pictures.
7/ This is a BETA, therefore expect some problems guys, please kindly point them out so we can solve them one by one.

Requirement:

You MUST be running 4.12.2m with SAS Modact 5.3 or later: see this thread.
You MUST be running Il-2 1956 The Jet Era v1.33 or later, see this thread.
You MUST be running the SAS Engine mod 2.7 or later. Otherwise this pack will NOT work. Available Here.
You MUST be running the SAS Utils mod 1.07 or later. Available Here.
You MUST be running SAS Engine Patch by Western0221, see this thread.
You MUST be using HD, True Color mod, see this thread.
You MUST be running Ranwers F-16, see this thread.

Any attempt to install this mod without complying with these requirements might results in CTD and other malfunctions. I hold no responsibility if something happen when you're trying to install this mod.

Installation:

For those that are not familiar with installing mods, please read this board before proceeding: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,204.0.html

1/Please remove all previous patch folders before you apply the new patch

2/Make sure that you download all of the mods folder below and copy them into your mod folder.

air.ini
AV-8B          air.AV_8A 1                        NOINFO  usa01   SUMMER
F-18D            air.F_18D 1                        NOINFO         usa01 SUMMER
F-18C            air.F_18C 1                       NOINFO           usa01 SUMMER

Plane

AV-8B                       AV-8B, Harrier II Plus, 1993
F-18D                       F-18D Hornet, Block 29, 1989
F-18C                       F-18C Hornet, Block 36, 1991

here's the download:

!!!!_US_Marine_Aviation_Pack https://www.mediafire.com/download/tge105bdq7dfy52/!!!!_US_Marine_Aviation_Pack.rar

!!!!_US_Marine_Aviation_Java_Pack V3.1https://www.mediafire.com/download/0m5wwgsnj08nwj1/%21%21%21%21_US_Marine_Aviation_Java_Pack_upgrade23072015.rar

Patch v3.2 for US_Marine_Aviation_Java_Pack by Western 2016-09-02 post #389 here

Install V3.1 first then copy and paste v3.2 over to apply the patch.

#_MordernWeapon https://www.mediafire.com/download/pn34kgg8kfov8ee/#_MordernWeapon.rar

Latest Instruction manual (v2.0) : https://www.mediafire.com/view/nfperf80os341p0/USMC_F-18CD_AV-8B_Manual.pdf

Skin for AV-8B: https://www.mediafire.com/download/o267obuol52q4el/Sharkmouth.zip
Skin pack for F-18: https://www.mediafire.com/download/scnv8cw0i8tgzes/Skins.rar
Template for F-18 by Zsoltfireman and Texx: https://www.mediafire.com/download/jup2fpx5f7mxycr/FA-18D.rar
Link to the HMS Hermes for Harrier Ops https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,44136.0/topicseen.html

Change log

V3.1 By Vega

Code: [Select]
1) Working Fly By Whire code!

2) Lift Code: it simulate lift vs speed, as in other upgraded projects as F-16 or F-4

3) the two versions were differentiated, now we have F-18D block 29, with Ge 400 engines, and F-18C block 36 with powerful GE402 engines and JDAM weapons;

4) Both variants of F-18 now have more loadouts, with new GBU-10 Paveway bombs;

5) Upgrade 3.1 fix the RWR bug and have a little fm modify

V3.2 By Western

* F/A-18 (clearly seen)
 - Wingtip AIM-9 following folding wings.
 - Fixing Flaps moving visual and its switch operation into historical one.
 - Enable to use Elevator Trim in cruise flight.
 - Not to so hard Nose-up in automatic taking-off.
 - Smoother moving Slats' visual in taking-off.
 - Showing correct droptanks remain fuel amounts in cockpit left MFD.
 - F/A-18D's rear pilot removes his oxygen mask following front pilot in opening the canopy on the ground.
* F/A-18 (internal codes not seen in missions)
 - Move common methods from child classes to the base class.
 - Separate Arresting Hook and Refueling codes into each methods from main loop.
* AV-8B+ (clearly seen)
 - Easy to level flight in cruise speed , use moving GCenter position instead of auto elevator trim.
 - Enable using elevator trim manually in level flight.
 - Showing correct droptanks remain fuel amounts in cockpit left MFD.
* AV-8B+ (internal codes not seen in missions)
 - Move common methods from child classes to the base class.
 - Separate Refueling and Drag Chute, AI Airbrake codes into each method from main loop.

For bugs reports:

Re-read this first pages to find glues about your problem. Read the topic to see if someone else have posted the problem and solved or not. If you still have no idea what is wrong, then post your problems giving the following:

1/ your mod installation.

2/
If you have a crash, and you want us to help you, you'll definitely have to post your logfile, in code format. If I don't see a logfile, I won't help you, since I'm not a wizard or fortune teller who can just use a crystal ball and see what's the problem that you have. the logfile tell me exactly what the problem that you have.

If you don't know how to post your logfiles: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,42857.0.html

IF you don't know which parts of the log file to post, simply use search function to find these: anything that related to "F_18" "AV_8" and also this "java.lang.RuntimeException".

For 30% CTD when loading the PFM, please make sure that you have installed the latest SAS engine mod, as stated above. If you continue to experience this problem, it highly caused by mod conflict, try an install this to a clean configuration and see if you still have the error.

As we cannot support every person that have problems, insufficent bugs reports or simply did not read or follow instruction will be kindly ignored.

For players and beta testers that are able to set this mod up and have it working properly, please help others too. I sincerely thank you.

Quick solution for frequently have problems:

1/ When I fire a missile game crash: Check if you have all the required mod. Check if you have a countermeasure folder, if yes, please remove it.

2/ Game loaded but I can see the 3d: Check if you have installed HD mod correctly.

3/ Game loaded but I got 100% freeze/ mission loaded failed: null: check if you installed all the required mod correctly. If not confident, redownload and reinstall all the required mod before continue.

Cheers,

Eric

S3231541

• s3231541
  • SAS Honourable Member
Re: US Marine Aviation pack (F/A-18C/D, AV-8B+) v1.3
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 02:02:04 AM »

Ski-Jump Carrier, AV-8B  Short take-off and landing

F-18 Carrier Take off/ Landing

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 02:28:02 AM »

are the mordern weapons from Mordor? :D
lol, jokes aside, awesome work, mate - and i'm sure that there will be many hundreds of hours of happy flights ahead for us in these beauties.
hugely appreciated - a great big thanks, Eric and all who helped out!  8)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

The_Alaska_Man

• TAM
  • Modder
  • Map modder
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 02:37:06 AM »

Congrats on the release, wonderful work you've done ;D
Just call me TAM.

wplusaf

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 02:59:49 AM »

WOW, finally they are released :D Any idea that they might work on DBW1.71 rather than 4.12 with every other requirements satified?

Mad026

• Modder
  • F.A.C. Tailnumber 26
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 03:15:02 AM »

is there any chance to make a DBW 1.71  (4.101) compatible version?

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 03:39:57 AM »

I thought you needed 2 more weeks ;D

Thank you very much for these planes!

Best Regards,
skylla
When all else fails: read the instructions!

S3231541

• s3231541
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 03:47:01 AM »

I'm uploading new patch which will fix the AV-8B for sure as tested. Sorry guys.

For those that want to have this in anything else other than the specified game version, you can try. But as stated in point number 3 in notice section. This mod require editing core game class which mean it doesn't compatible to any other game versions,

Tofolo

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 03:49:21 AM »

Please do not apologize. Will await for the new patch happily.

BTW, will there be any AV8B public template?

Thank you

S3231541

• s3231541
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 03:53:49 AM »

That's what I've asked in the public WIP of the AV-8B but no one did except for Texx who didn't send me the template so, nope we don't have one.

Outlaw2101

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 04:08:59 AM »

G'day

No DBW 1.71? :( Darn.

Good work anyway fellas.

Cheers!

Jake.

EDIT: Planes do show up in the Mission builder in DBW 1.71, however CTD at 30% Loading Aircraft when clicking fly. So I doubt it will work with DBW at current.

S3231541

• s3231541
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 04:11:16 AM »

It's up and working, please redownload if you have problems, thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 35   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 28 queries.