Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Westfront Maps Add-On  (Read 49458 times)

tbauchot

• Modder
Re: MOD Westfront 40, 44 & Generic 41-44 updated
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 05:57:22 AM »

Hi all,

Hi Btasm,

Yes put simply this Cloud Mod in your #DBW or #SAS or MOD folder.

However, after numerous tests I noticed that this cloud Mod :
"Clouds big 2.1a" of Manysh suited much better for my skies.
These clouds are also very, very nice !

please have a look at : https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,18405.0.html

Indeed, the size of the clouds in this mod helps mitigate the bug on the horizon simply by masking it !
in the conf.ini of the game by settling : LandGeom=3 it is possible to have perfect horizons
but it only works for a weather setting on "clear" or "good"
This bug exists with all types of skies (and principally at hight altitude.) and it will be even stronger with denser skies as it is the case here !

So to summarize and for these reasons I recommend you this cloud mod !  ;)

The results are visually very correct on these weather settings :
Clear, Good, Poor, Blind, Rain and Thunderstorm...
However, I would not recommend you the setting : Hazy...

So for Dgen campaigns go into your  Dgen folder / Settings"name of the campaign or sub-campaign".dat  File
( for example : settingsDeBoe09.dat ) and set the [MapWeather] accordingly...

for example :

WF_1939Ardennes 5 65 0 10 10 5 5

Each number represents the  chance percentage of having a type of weather.
For example : 5% of clear weather, 65% of  good weather, 0% of hazy weather, etc...
The result of adding these number must be equal to 100.

Hi Zinonid,

Thank you very much for your comment !  ;D

Regards, Thierry.

btasm

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 07:06:29 PM »

Thierry:

I installed the suggested Cloud Mod, "Clouds big 2.1a". I believe I installed the mod correctly, yet it has no effect. My install is unchanged by its presence even though I deactivated the other clouds mod.

The cloud mod included with your WestFront download, on the other hand, is quite good and lends a new atmosphere to Il-2. Indeed, I have figured out how to employ this cloud mod with other DBW map mods and it works rather well.

Thanks.

MrMoonlight

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2015, 02:13:28 AM »

Wow, the new versions of the map look great Thierry! Just beautiful. Thank you!

However, I'm having a problem with the maps in the WestFront44 folder. They will load fine in the FMB and display everything beautifully, but I can't save any mission for any of the new WestFront44-based maps.

I've run the static.ini checker tool and it tells me I have no missing objects (I ran this on all the actors.static files in the folder). I don't have this problem with any of your new WestFront40 maps. I can save missions just fine in those maps. When I've had similar problems with other maps, I was always able to solve it with the static.ini checker and installing the missing objects, but this time I'm really scratching my head. Do you (or anyone else reading this) know what else could cause mission files to not save properly? Or is there something the static.ini utility might have missed?

I'm running 4.12.2m with HSFX 7.03 and I've temporarily deactivated the WestFront44 folder under MAPMODS so the game is currently falling back to the original versions of the '44 map that came with HSFX. Like I said, the new WestFront40 maps work fine.

This one is a tough nut to crack. I'm hoping maybe you (or someone else here) can help me solve this.

Thanks.

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 04:52:03 AM »

Thierry:

I installed the suggested Cloud Mod, "Clouds big 2.1a". I believe I installed the mod correctly, yet it has no effect. My install is unchanged by its presence even though I deactivated the other clouds mod.

The cloud mod included with your WestFront download, on the other hand, is quite good and lends a new atmosphere to Il-2. Indeed, I have figured out how to employ this cloud mod with other DBW map mods and it works rather well.

Thanks.

The way to install the mod "Clouds big 2.1" is the same that the other cloud mods...
#DBW \Clouds BIG V2.1  (or whatever you want...)\ effects\clouds
;)

btasm

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2015, 05:02:37 AM »

Well, that's where and how I installed it. Unfortunately, there's no change. Thanks for all of your help though.

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2015, 05:14:58 AM »

Wow, the new versions of the map look great Thierry! Just beautiful. Thank you!

However, I'm having a problem with the maps in the WestFront44 folder. They will load fine in the FMB and display everything beautifully, but I can't save any mission for any of the new WestFront44-based maps.

I've run the static.ini checker tool and it tells me I have no missing objects (I ran this on all the actors.static files in the folder). I don't have this problem with any of your new WestFront40 maps. I can save missions just fine in those maps. When I've had similar problems with other maps, I was always able to solve it with the static.ini checker and installing the missing objects, but this time I'm really scratching my head. Do you (or anyone else reading this) know what else could cause mission files to not save properly? Or is there something the static.ini utility might have missed?

I'm running 4.12.2m with HSFX 7.03 and I've temporarily deactivated the WestFront44 folder under MAPMODS so the game is currently falling back to the original versions of the '44 map that came with HSFX. Like I said, the new WestFront40 maps work fine.

This one is a tough nut to crack. I'm hoping maybe you (or someone else here) can help me solve this.

Thanks.

Hi MrMoonlight,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Indeed it was also impossible for me to save a mission on maps WF44 and G.
Yet these maps were working fine with the Dgen on  Wesfront campaigns !!!

Fortunately I have found the error with the help of the "log.lst" .
In my objects to add to HSFX witch are in the download I had put a bad entry and a bad folder :
Horsegrey in place of Horsegray !!!
These objects exist both in the game...

Download link for the "Horsegray" missing object :
https://www.mediafire.com/download/3ti6amr8rv315c2/Missing+object+for+HSFX+7.03_28-01-2015.7z

Thank you very much for your post !  ;)
Regards, Thierry

MrMoonlight

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2015, 07:15:59 AM »

Thank you for your quick analysis and response, Thierry.

I downloaded and installed the horse object you posted and that solved the problem!

These maps are fantastic and I'm enjoying them very much (including your Biscay and Canon Channel Map "revisits" as well). Thanks for your help and for all your hard work on these maps. It's appreciated.

-Moonlight

zionid

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 03:24:43 PM »

Will you be experimenting further with the new sky textures? I think the looks stunning, but it would be interesting to see one just ever so slighty less cloudy and with maybe some patches of blue in between. . The current one is PERFECT for winter maps, especially near the horizon. I put it on Cyrberolas Ardennes and the results are beautiful. Been playing a lot on your mapupgrades recently, and I must say it is some fine work your putting out! Keep it up!

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2015, 02:25:51 AM »

Will you be experimenting further with the new sky textures? I think the looks stunning, but it would be interesting to see one just ever so slighty less cloudy and with maybe some patches of blue in between. . The current one is PERFECT for winter maps, especially near the horizon. I put it on Cyrberolas Ardennes and the results are beautiful. Been playing a lot on your mapupgrades recently, and I must say it is some fine work your putting out! Keep it up!

Hi Zionid,

You are correct in your observation. The skies that we can observe in nature are all so diverse that I can't stop my work at this stage.
I'm still working on cloudy skies, but with a better quality, more lighter and with some patches of blue in between the clouds...
it is a long process that requires a lot of adjustments and a lot of tests at different altitudes and times of the day. But I think I'm on the right track !  ;)
So, as soon as I will have some news, I shall not fail to share them with the community...
So stay tuned !
So in the meantime I wish you good flights and lots of fun on IL-2 and SAS.

Thierry.  :)

zionid

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2015, 08:19:29 AM »

Glad to hear it and looking forward to it:) Best of luck!

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2015, 12:24:50 PM »

Those high clouds are wonderful.  8)

They also work great on other maps.

image upload no compression

capture
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2015, 12:50:13 PM »

Very cool.  :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 23 queries.