Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Westfront Maps Add-On  (Read 49498 times)

tbauchot

• Modder
Westfront Maps Add-On
« on: December 22, 2014, 05:38:48 PM »

On October-04-2019 : A little correction. Please, have a look at reply 151.

On May-15-2019 : Warning, new major update some lines further !
or please, have a look to reply 122.

On April-02-2018 :

Hi all. This, is for you:
A very big add-on for essentially the WF Généric maps, and including my previous updates and some improvment of the WF40-44 & Généric maps.

Here is the summary :

South East England :                                    "Coastlines & inland towns".
France & Belgium :                                                             "Coastlines".
France :                                  "Le bassin minier région de Valenciennes".
France :                          "Le bassin minier de Somain à Bruay en Artois".
France & Belgium :                                      "Le sillon Sambre et meuse".
Netherland & Belgium :                                  "Maastricht & Eben-Emael".
Belgium :                                            "Dinant & La Roche-en-Ardennes".
France :                                                                       "Laon old Town".
Germany :                                                                                "Essen".
Trains :                    "New skins for original & mods railway rolling stock".

Towns, harbours, railways infrastructures, roads, industrial areas, coal mining, slag heaps,
floodgates, inland ports, power stations, airfields, seaplanes bases, beachs, seasons, reliefs and more...

No less than about 450 pictures,listed by subject, of this very long and hard work are here,
for downloading, in a Pdf file :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/f0cmerb2b00bff3/WFG_maps_Add-On_Pictures_T-Bauchot.7z

This Add-On was build on a DBW modded game but could be used on any installation as soon as
you have all the needed objets regarding to your game version.

Installations instructions are inclued in the downloads.

Part 1 : The maps & Textures.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/qd3bp9mzekakmbr/WF-Maps_Add-On_T-Bauchot.7z

Part 2 : The really needed objects for DBW, HSFX and all other Games versions users ?
https://www.mediafire.com/file/oban5gy0learxkd/WFmaps_Add-On_Objects_DBW_T-Bauchot.7z

Part 3 : The needed complementary objects, only for HSFX  users ?
https://www.mediafire.com/file/sv5ks31vrprax7i/WFmaps_Add-On_Objects_HSFX.7z

Part 4 : The needed objects for BAT-WAW users ( With the great help of "Gaston".)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gj2dthn8uqiztbn/For_BAT-WAW_users_WF-maps_Add-On_Objects.7z

Part 5 : BumpH files for the Westfront Add-On maps textures. ( details are at reply #99)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bcbimns9g3cgtsv/BumpH_Files_WF-Maps_T-Bauchot_Add-On.7z

On May-15-2019 :

West Front Généric Maps add-on Part one.

Coastal cities and harbors, from UK, Belgium,Netherlands,
and France.

Here is the summary:

Update of all the French coastal cities and harbors, from under Dieppe to Bray-Dunes.

Update of all the Kent coastal cities, harbors, and some inland towns principally near airfields.

Update of all the Belgian coastal cities and harbors from De Panne to Breskens + Antwerpen.

Update in Netherlands, of Vlissingen and Rotterdam.

Addition of the West Front Généric Maps "late" in six seasons options, like on WFG maps.
Update of Manston Airfield + addition of Asch, Grave, Heesh and Ophoven.

"Towns, harbours, railways infrastructures, roads, industrial and petroleum areas,  floodgates, inland ports, power stations, airfields, seaplanes bases, beachs, recreation and tourism facilities, reliefs and more..."

No less than about 250 pictures,listed by subject, of this very long and hard work are here,
for downloading, in a Pdf file :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u6emy7es1ll2mqy/WFG_maps_Add-on_Part-One_Pics_Thierry-Bauchot.7z/file

This Add-On was build on a DBW modded game, and also adapted to an HSFX modded game, but could be used on any installation as soon as you have all the needed objets regarding to your game version.

Installations instructions are inclued in the download.

The West-Front Généric Maps add-on Part one, for DBW & HSFX, is here for downloading :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6uyx0ayd6p5x7/WFGM_add_on_Part-1_Thierry-Bauchot.7z/file

More informations at reply : 122.

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
Re: MOD Westfront 40 & Generic 41-44
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 01:24:31 AM »

many thanks! downloading ...  :)
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

kingsley

• Retired
  • My House Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 05:44:06 AM »

DL this map yesterday and tell you what a great job on it no problems what so ever.
                                                                                                            Thanks
                                                                                                            Kingsley

jeanba

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 06:05:35 AM »

Great

Can we try to install it under HSFX7.03 ?

kingsley

• Retired
  • My House Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 06:09:46 AM »

Great

Can we try to install it under HSFX7.03 ?
It works quite well in HSFX7.03 I use both versions when I feel like it.

jeanba

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 06:20:29 AM »

good !

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 04:23:00 PM »

Very, very impressive! A work of art really.Thanks!  :)

This modifying of existing maps is a very good idea! Keep it up! 
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

benson

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 12:18:40 PM »

Magnificent! Thank you.

GilB57

• Modder
    • Trucs & Bidules
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 12:33:57 PM »

Hi  !
Great stuff, generally speaking, but with a little remark about modifications on airfield textures :
Some french 1944 airfields appeared with fields patterns between runways (not an overall green surface) on the original maps because they ACTUALLY carried these patterns for camouflage purpose... converting them to overall green surfaces may help virtual pilots to find them  ....  but is not historical  ;)

I based my work on aerial photographs for many of them !
(Please compare this 1947 photograph with the airfield done in original Westfront 44 map)
Vitry-En-Artois:

...your towns and railyards are GREAT  ;D

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 05:29:38 AM »

Hi all, thank you very much for your comments and I wish you a lot of good time on those magnificent maps from Gilb57.  :)

I also hope that they bring to the  missions or campaigns creators a new surge of interest as well as for the maps
"Bay of Biscay" and "Can english channel"....  ;)

Dear Gilb, I am absolutely agree about your comments.

and even without seeking historical images it is true that nowadays also, crops or grasslands occupy some parts of some airfields.
but because of the limitations of the game it is sometime difficult to arrange textures in accurate and realistic ways.
This is why, as you point out, this solution far from the historical reality is probably better for the game-play
and for my own point of vew, a better visual compromise in order to be able to place objects more easily on neutral surfaces during the creation of scenarios...
Thank you again for your absolutely outstanding job.
Thierry  ;D

GilB57

• Modder
    • Trucs & Bidules
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 11:38:40 AM »

You're welcome  :)

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »

Salut Thierry, many thanks for this stunning job of yours (enhancing an already great set of maps)! Keep up the good work, 8)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 26 queries.