Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make RowOfTrees look like random trees ?  (Read 10664 times)

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
Re: How to make RowOfTrees look like random trees ?
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 09:39:03 AM »

I have my Settings like your first test forest=2 and Excellent (Highest step?)
As you said Uzin, it's more difficult than expected.
Just a remark:" Perfect " is the highest step in Landscape setting, not "Excellent"

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2014, 09:47:06 AM »

It is obvious that the situation is more complicated than one could expect.
Perhaps some expert can help us ?

I think things are getting messed up a bit.
Comparing a map in Unlocked FMB (first picture) with normal FMB (second picture) with each having different settings (Forest=2, Excellent settings against Forest=3, Perfect settings) make things more complicated than necessary.
I checked Silesia map and no .tree.tga file included but according second image there must be a .tree.tga file included.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 10:00:40 AM »

Another thing, why switching back and forth all the time to Forest=2/3 and Excellent/Perfect in Unlocked/Normal FMB in all kind of combinations?
Before you drive yourself nuts please have a look again at KevinP's Textures Tutorial and read closely the Tree section. On page 18,19 and 20 everything is explained very clearly how to control trees.
Everything about controlling random trees, .tree.tga's, rowoftrees etc. you can find in there.

"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 10:28:20 AM »

Another thing, why switching back and forth all the time to Forest=2/3 and Excellent/Perfect in Unlocked/Normal FMB in all kind of combinations?
I must work in Excellent mode only in my unlocked FMB (aka MapBuilder) because I have an old rig, 8 yrs old, with WinXP and only 4GB Ram. This rig is very slow at Mapbuilder, frequently it freezes at Perfect settings, so I must work in Excellent settings only.
And I am testing- flying the missions in "locked" FMB- on  the map in Perfect mode, where  the random trees appear .
My problem was, that RowOfTrees look different from random trees in forest=2 setting, while they became uniform in forest=3 setting. For myself, I consider the problem solved.
The problem met by Seppel is another piece of cake.

Before you drive yourself nuts please have a look again at KevinP's Textures Tutorial and read closely the Tree section. On page 18,19 and 20 everything is explained very clearly how to control trees.
Everything about controlling random trees, .tree.tga's, rowoftrees etc. you can find in there.

I am aware of these pages, there is written the same what I observed. Sorry for any inconvenience, please.

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 08:25:53 PM »

What the...??

No I'm totally confused.
I have my Settings like your first test forest=2 and Excellent (Highest step?)
So I HAVE the randum trees and the Row of Trees.

If I Switch to forest=3 the Row of trees disappear.
BUT this don't happen in the Frisia map!! :-D :-D

As you said Uzin, it's more difficult than expected.

Ah..and please note the changing in my last post - I did not ment your Pictures lie, but YOU when you call yourself a "noob".
In Germany we call such a guy "Tiefstapler"... :D

Go into your hardware controls and do the "custom setting" in video options. A new dialogue box appears with a series of video settings controls for different parts of the game. 1 of the settings for landscape is "perfect". Select it and you can use forest=3 trees in game.

(I just figured out how to do this all over again, as I am setting up the game from scratch following a computer crash.) :(

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 02:58:04 AM »

Hi all,

A little information but surely useful about Raw of Tree :

Recently, I have transfered some airfields from a winter map to a summer map and from this winter map I have transfered accidentally some winter tree line (row of tree ) .
Result : All my summer tree lines have disappeared in game on the summer map
(the little amount of winter ones were present )  !!!
however, I was able to seeing the summer ones in the FMB unlocked, but not all the winter ones !
So, I think,  the tree lines , tree lines1, tree linesW, tree linesW1, etc... are not compatible together !

Finally, after removing or replacing the tree lines winter by normal  tree lines, everything is back to normal...

Regards, Thierry.

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 07:27:05 PM »

Hi all,

A little information but surely useful about Raw of Tree :

Recently, I have transfered some airfields from a winter map to a summer map and from this winter map I have transfered accidentally some winter tree line (row of tree ) .
Result : All my summer tree lines have disappeared in game on the summer map
(the little amount of winter ones were present )  !!!
however, I was able to seeing the summer ones in the FMB unlocked, but not all the winter ones !
So, I think,  the tree lines , tree lines1, tree linesW, tree linesW1, etc... are not compatible together !

Finally, after removing or replacing the tree lines winter by normal  tree lines, everything is back to normal...

Regards, Thierry.
:o wOw!  so winter trees are the culprit that have been preventing the seeing of "row of trees" in so many maps?!
If that is the reason, I'm glad the answer is now found because I've been having this issue for YEARS!

Bee

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 06:02:07 AM »

Damn.  I thought that was popular knowledge among map makers.   Just one winter tree will void all other summer trees on a map.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2017, 07:07:29 AM »

... but only when using "forest=3".

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.