Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: UP3 Server Patches (old thread, outdated)  (Read 6446 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
UP3 Server Patches (old thread, outdated)
« on: November 15, 2014, 06:48:34 AM »

Hi folks,

Since the server patches (RC1 and RC4 are required) seem to have vanished, I'm offering a mirror here for server operators and those who'd like to become one:

UP3 RC1 Server Patch
UP3 RC4 Server Patch

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
Re: UP3 Server Patches
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 10:59:50 AM »

Hello Mike,

just downloaded and safed.

Man kann ja nie wissen...! (Pauli in "MAFIA")  ;)

Gruß, Gerhard  :)
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 11:34:11 AM »

vielen Dank nochmal  :D

Best Regards,
skylla
When all else fails: read the instructions!

Aviar

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 02:35:29 AM »

Having a problem after installing the DS patches. First time I got error messages in that black box on my desktop. After that every time I try and start the game, I get these 'DeleteFile<\E:\UP_3\~~whats.up> failed messages' in that same black box on my desktop.

The worst part is that the DS patches deleted/overwrote my original UP3 Startup in my jsgmemods folder so there is no way for me to start my game at all now.

Aviar
Intel i7-4790 4-Core @3.60GHz + Asus Z97-C Motherboard + 16GB DDR-3 1600 SDRAM @800 MHz + NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB + Creative SB ZX SBX + Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers + 27" AOC LED - 2752 + Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard + CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals + Logitech G13 Gameboard + GoFlight GF-T8 Module + WIN 8.1

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 02:46:51 AM »

If I understood you correctly, you tried to install these patches on your game?

These patches are for another software: the IL-2 dedicated Server ;)

Best Regards,
skylla
When all else fails: read the instructions!

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 03:36:48 AM »

Hi Aviar,

Of course when you want to run an IL-2 server installation, you have to start with an IL-2 dedicated server version.
Original Server installations start with Version 2.04 and have to be patched up step by step, a good explanation can be found here:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&p=157139#157139

You can take a shortcut by using this full featured 4.08m server pack:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=2417

Then you "only" need to apply the server patches for 4.09m, 4.10m and 4.10.1m before installing UP3 RC on top, followed by the two UP3 server patches from the first post of this thread.
Last but not least, I strongly recommend to update the Selector to it's latest version, use the "SAS Selector v3.1.3 for Dedicated Server Operators" in your case:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16403.0.html

Best regards - Mike

Aviar

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 03:45:54 AM »

Wow, I totally misunderstood. I'm glad I had a backup of my UP3 folder as the current one is garbage now.

*EDIT: You know, I used to run a dedicated server back in the day so I don't know why I did such a silly thing. However, let me leave you all with this little tidbit. It is a medical fact that we lose millions of brain cells every day. These brain cells are never replaced. So that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Aviar
Intel i7-4790 4-Core @3.60GHz + Asus Z97-C Motherboard + 16GB DDR-3 1600 SDRAM @800 MHz + NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB + Creative SB ZX SBX + Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers + 27" AOC LED - 2752 + Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard + CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals + Logitech G13 Gameboard + GoFlight GF-T8 Module + WIN 8.1

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 05:48:34 AM »

I'm glad I had a backup of my UP3 folder as the current one is garbage now.
When you installed the UP3 server patches above your client installation, it's sufficient to install the client RC4 patch on top and your UP3 is fine again.

Best regards - Mike

Aviar

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 07:16:25 AM »

Getting close to starting the DS except that it won't launch. I get a 'No Group Selected' error.

Well, there is nothing in the Groups window to select. Actually, I don't even know what a 'Group' is. I could not find anything in the readme that describes what a Group is and how I can place one in the window...!!??

Also, how do I know I have the correct DS? The readme says version 303m.

Aviar

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 06:26:44 AM »

Ultrapack Server 3.3 Patch 9 can be found here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/slbsr7zfdfshyow

Installation:
  • Backup your existing Ultrapack Server Installation. We are not responsible if things stop working for you after installing this patch. You have been warned!
  • Install Ultrapack 3 RC4 Server
  • Install Ultrapack 3.3
  • Remove "#UP#" folder
  • Extract this archive to your Ultrapack Server Folder (overwrite existing files)
  • Make sure that DEP is disabled completely or for il2server.exe at least. See here for Windows 10 or here for Windows Server 2016/2019.
  • Start your Server by running il2fb.exe (useful for Servers listed on Hyperlobby) or il2server.exe

]cheers[
Mike

Uhu-Alpenrose

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2023, 07:12:50 AM »

Hi Mike,

long ago since I run my last UP3.3 server, which I now have restarted to run with UP3.4.

So far all works well and I have the server now running with UP3.4 Patch0.

Is there a server version for Patch2 available?????

I tried already if the client version of Patch2 works as well......but it did not. Not really a surprise...lol

Regards

ALPI

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2023, 08:25:17 AM »

Hm... did I really miss that?
Alright, here is UP3.4 Server: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3iy3iahavfb7z/Ultrapack_3.4_''Cassie''_Server_Update
After that, install Patch 2 for Server on top: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zj2rgd9jry4ypad/Ultrapack_3.4_Server_Patch_2.rar/file
Finally, grab the contents from the "#UP#" folder of the latest Hotfix and throw them in your Server's one.

Sorry for the fiddling but Server Operators are supposed to deal with that :P

]cheers[
Mike
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 28 queries.