Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Stock Tanks and Vehicles  (Read 26562 times)

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
Re: Stock Tanks and Vehicles
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2015, 01:21:06 AM »

Hi wingflyr - will all this stuff be included in Uberdemons new CFM ??
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2015, 04:38:42 AM »

Hi wingflyr - will all this stuff be included in Uberdemons new CFM ??
My good friend Uberdemon has been a great help, and continues to be, in testing a number of new mods and setups.  However, the M in CFM, is for Monty, that's me.   8)

In any case I have had the privilege of working closely with Wingflyr for some years now.  So as far as the team is concerned - yes, Wingflyr's 3Do upgrades are absolutely essential for anyone seriously upgrading Il2/1946.  This included the prototype CFM, which died on the operating table last week, and will include the actual successor; which is bigger, better, hairier and more badass than anything ever, thanks largely to Wingflyr and all the other great 3D artists like him.  ;D

Wow!  I'm embarrassed at the quality of my static vehicles compared to these.  Great job.
I think I'll stick to airfield bits and pieces from now on, LOL.

No tomoose please don't be, your models are very well appreciated here. The things you contributed are awesome M8. wingflyr

I have goodies more on the back burner.

Tomoose, I agree with Dennis - and now that Pete (Mission_Bug) got 'em coded into FMB as a vehicle set your ambulance and fire tender sit very well beside Wingflyr's fueler and starter trucks, not to mention the great aircrew and groundcrew guys.  Don't you dare stop!    :o

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2015, 06:21:04 AM »

LOL,  thanks for the encouragement.  I'll keep plugging away then.
 ;D

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2015, 03:19:33 AM »

Cheers Monty thanks for the update - no offence intended!
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

David Prosser

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2015, 09:02:41 PM »

Thanks, I just installed the stock tanks this morning. It was a piece of cake.

Lagarto

• Modder
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2015, 11:27:24 AM »

Great stuff. Is there a similar upgrade pack for the stock artillery pieces?
Some more pics:

Lagarto

• Modder
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2015, 02:14:23 AM »

Great stuff. Is there a similar upgrade pack for the stock artillery pieces?

Already included in UP/DBW years ago, up_objects01.sfs, up_objects03.sfs - they can be used with modact 5.3.

I see, thanks. I use HSFX, though. Any chance for a stand-alone download of these objects?

Lagarto

• Modder
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2015, 10:45:44 AM »

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. However, now I have a bigger problem. After adding a number of those marvelous vehicles (I've been adding them one by one just to keep track of things) I noticed that when I zoom in and out, the fan in my PC goes into overdrive, and worse still, some vehicles disappear, or parts of them disappear.
I imagine my PC (memory?) cannot handle so much beauty :( I've never experienced the problem with the old stock models. Someone correct me plz if I'm wrong with my amateur diagnosis.

Lagarto

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2015, 11:36:15 AM »

Required adjustment: tfDoubleSide 1 to 0, tfShouldSort 1 to 0, tfMipMap 1 to 0.

This fixed the disappearing meshes problem for me.

You mean editing the .mat files of individual vehicles? Which files should be edited? All of them?

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2015, 12:02:31 AM »

The best way to check a vehicle is to start the FMB and place a stationary on the map and then go into 3d view and start the fps counter. If the mat files are ok you should not experience any fps drop even when you place 50 vehicles and look at them. (I remember on one occasion there was a tank which cut down my fps to 12 when it was visible.)

When I did this test 98% of the artillery and armor was ok, but the vehicles had lot of wrong mat parameters. To make sure I'm right you can extract the stock vehicle mat files and see what parameter Maddox games used.

I could give you the corrected mat files but I did not install all the vehicles only part of the pack.

The best way to find such problems is Total Commander which can search for strings inside any file in a folder and output the results in a window from where you can drag all the files at once into a text editor. In the editor (I'm using Ultra Edit) you can use the Find/Replace function to replace "tfDoubleSide 1 to 0, tfShouldSort 1 to 0, tfMipMap 1 to 0" in every file with one click.

You can even go further and check your entire #SAS folder for errors like this.

Another common error is that the modders forget to turn on the specular lighting of the 3d model which results in flat appearance. In some cases they add too much specular lighting which results in textures "burning out" into 100% white color. In DirectX mode you only see the ambient and diffuse lighting, specular is not available.

Correct, stock values for 3d lighting parameters:

Ambient 1.0
  Diffuse 1.0
  Specular 0.4*
  SpecularPow 4**

*can be as low as 0.1 or 0.2 for some 3d models, needs visual check / if this is 0 SpecularPow will not be used

**avoid using high values like 16 or 32

Lagarto

• Modder
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2015, 01:41:01 AM »

Very interesting and informative, thank you.

Lagarto

• Modder
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2015, 03:44:14 PM »

It's a great pack and the fix suggested by vpmedia really helped.
Still, I've noticed some minor issues. The DUKW and LVT don't work as ships. The DUKW moves sideways, although its shadow is pointed in the right direction, and LVT doesn't move at all. Besides, both seem to be on the water, not in the water. The Studebecker Truck, which is a Russian vehicle in the game (and all campaign templates use it as such) has white stars on it. Could it be fixed?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 26 queries.