Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Map of the Province of Silesia  (Read 27022 times)

Seppel

Map of the Province of Silesia
« on: November 05, 2014, 08:22:06 AM »

Hi everyone!
Today I like to present my main project – a map of the German province of Silesia (Schlesien).
The area lies between the rivers Neisse and Warthe. It was the southern part of the scissor like border of the Reich.

I choosed this area, because the roots of my family lies there, in the near of the capital BRESLAU.

The war started here in 1939 with the Poland campaign and the area saw the end of the war through cruel and heavy fightings between the poor rest of the German war machine and the advancing Red Army!

The map covers about 300km west to east and 200km south to north. You will find some big cities, smaller towns and a number of villages spread over the landscape. They're all handmade as the „Autopop“ I wanted to use didn't work.
There where up to 60 smaller and larger airfields. Some of them based on original plans, the others are free style, but all individual.
And you will find some highlights as the unfinished „Reichsautobahn“ (motorway)...

The map works with HSFX 7, but I think with UP3, too.

I also packed the airfield charts finished up to now into the pack.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,43434.36.html

I really hope I haven't promised too much and you will like and enjoy this map!

As usual don't hasitate with critics (pro and con) and to tell me mistakes.
I will collect them for a future version 2.? :)

#############################

Hi everyone!

Due to the struggle to solve my graphic problem (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=9756.96), I used the opportunity to edit the map itself and remove some errors.
Mainly I removed a number of objects (mostly tree lines on streets or too dense tree objects) houses in rivers and some wrong textures...
Nothing serious, but so there now is a reworked Version 2 of the map.
For everyone who is still interested...

Here is the NEW download link for the edited version 2:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u6t4qo36ntkynml/Schlesien+V2.7z/file

And an update for BAT-users (see latest post):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gdwodezw65upjbb/Silesia_BAT_update.7z/file
Kleinigkeiten machen die Vollkommenheit aus, aber Vollkommenheit ist keine Kleinigkeit.

Marjak

Re: Map of the Province of Silesia
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 09:41:44 AM »

Hallo Seppel,

das sieht alles richtig richtig gut aus. Was mich nur wundert, ist, daß du innerhalb von einer Woche 3 neue Karten hier ins Forum stellst (bin mal gespannt, was da in einem Monat so alles noch zu erwarten ist :)). Aber jetzt im Ernst. Tolle Arbeit, sieht super aus und ist sehr nützlich für Kampagnen, die Mitte/Ende 1944 angesiedelt sind.

Arbeitest du zufällig noch an einem weiteren Projekt?

Grüße

Marjak 

Seppel

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 09:51:06 AM »

Hallo Marjak!

Vielen Dank für das Lob!
Es ist etwas anders:
Die Karten sind bereits fertig!

Die Schlesien-Karte war das Projekt, was ich hauptsächlich machen wollte. Ich habe fast 1 1/2 Jahre daran gearbeitet! Mit Freunden fliege ich sie bereits seit längerer Zeit - daher auch die anfangs erwähnten kleinen Fehler.
Ich hatte die Karte in meinem Geschwader angeboten, aber dort hat das keinen mehr interessiert (BoS...) und da hat mir "Klaus109" (DER MIR ALLES BEIGEBRACHT HAT!!!!!) vorgeschlagen, die Karte hier vorzustellen....
Ich bin begeistert, wie viele IL2-Anhänger sich hier noch tummeln!!

Tatsächlich hatte ich vor, KEINE neuen Projekte mehr in Angriff zu nehmen, da ich annahm, dass das die Mühe nicht mehr lohnt???

Aber bei der Gelegenheit:
Ich habe noch eine Jamaika-Karte!! Das war meine Übungskarte, um mich mit dem Editor vertraut zu machen, bevor ich Schlesien baute.
Falls Interesse besteht, könnt ich auch die anbieten??

#################
I have a map of Jamaica too. It was my training map to get familiar with the map editor, before the Silesia map.
If anyone is interested in, I could upload it???
Kleinigkeiten machen die Vollkommenheit aus, aber Vollkommenheit ist keine Kleinigkeit.

Marjak

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 10:17:42 AM »

Hallo Seppel,

du wirst dich wundern, wieviel hier tatsächlich im SAS-Forum los ist. Und entgegen deinen Eindrücken habe ich eher das Gefühl, daß wir gerade eine kleine Il-2 1946 Renaissance erleben. Sehr viele Leute arbeiten an Karten, neuen Flugzeugen, Mods, DBW2 etc.
Dazu haben wir mit Asuras neuem DGen Mod tolle Möglichkeiten, richtige historische Kampagnen zu erstellen.

Wäre also schade, wenn du nicht weitermachen willst.

Das heißt also auch, daß du gar nicht weißt, was es hier so alles gibt?

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 10:34:06 AM »

Hi, Seppel,
congratulations to another jewell in the map making - Silesia map.
Looking forward to its release. Your cities and factories are very impressive and inspirative for me.
As for Silesia airfields, they are also nice, densely populated, too.
I do not know why your autopop program did not work, it is a pity.
What is the period  which your map covers ? 1939, 1944 or other ?
I am asking so  whether there is damage of buildings included in your map.
May i have a suggestion for the release of youir map ?
It would be nice if you give not only necessary textures, but also the _Tex folder with proper subfolders , it will save time to us, users of your map.
Excuse my English, it is still better than my German, even if I can read acceptably in your language.
Best regards,
Ivan Uzin

Seppel

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 12:39:10 PM »

Hi

The map covers the region at the beginning of the war. The border of the province Silesia was also the eastern border of Germany at that point of time.
The city names shown in red mark the Polish and Czech territory, as you can see on the names in the right language.
I think there's one exception:
The concentration camp hasn't been built at this time, as it is situated on the -conquered- Polish territory..

I didn't fill in any destructions.

I can't tell an exact release date...
It is not so much work, cancelling the forgetten objects, but after flying with the map and some friends I'm not that glad with the texture..especially in the mountain region.
As soon as I find some time I will work on it!
But if you want, I could sent the current version..would be a good test for me, if there are some problems, I do not know by now. Remember I never offered a map to the community before...
I'm happy about your interest!!

I send you a PM according to the texture problem...

Seppel

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 12:43:41 PM »

--> Marjak!

Ja, ich habe mich damit noch gar nicht auseinandergesetzt.
Wir flogen zunächst mit Version UP und schließlich HSFX.

Ich habe nun schon ein wenig gestöbert und bin fasziniert, was es alles gibt..ich meine F-4 Phantom II ???
Witzig war, dass ich auch über eine Falklandkarte nachgedacht habe, aber die gibt es ja schon.
Das es schon eine Polenkarte gibt hat mich jetzt auch etwas nervös gemacht bzgl. der Schlesienkarte...

Ich habe zunächst im JG77 erlebt, dass da alles eingeschlafen ist und nun passiert das auch gerade bei meinem aktuellen Geschwader.
Daher war ich unsicher mit dem Kartenbau. Aber vielleicht finde ich doch noch einmal Muße und eine interessante Region..

Marjak

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 01:22:15 PM »

Hallo Seppel,

wenn ich dir etwas vorschlagen darf, dann ist es eine Karte der Region um den Ilmensee. Das ist in Il-2 eine riesige Lücke, und es gäbe dort so viele wichtige Szenerien: Demjansk, Cholm, Welikije Luki, Rzhev

Mein eigentlicher Plan vor ner Weile war, eine Kampagne für die einzelnen Gruppen des JG 54 zu erstellen. Dabei habe ich dann festgestellt, daß eben diese Region jahrelang Schauplatz vieler Einsätze war und die Kampgagne riesige Lücken hätte, wenn ich nur die Region um Leningrad darstellen würde.

Uzin hat mich ermuntert, diese Karte selber zu machen, aber ich habe null Erfahrung und müßte mir erst alles selber beibringen, was dementsprechend lange dauern würde. Da dort aber nicht so viele Städte zu modellieren sind, scheint es zeitlich sich in einem vernünftigen Rahmen zu bewegen.

Aber vielleicht hast du ja Lust. Ich habe bisher nur den Grundstock erstellt, aber noch keine einzige Textur daraufgepackt.

Grüße

Marjak

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 04:39:02 PM »

eine Karte der Region um den Ilmensee.

Nicht zu vergessen die Kämpfe um Staraja Russa
am südlichen Ufer des Ilmensees im Sommer 41.
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

Marjak

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 05:12:07 PM »

eine Karte der Region um den Ilmensee.

Nicht zu vergessen die Kämpfe um Staraja Russa
am südlichen Ufer des Ilmensees im Sommer 41.

Ich bin ganz auf deiner Seite!! ;)

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 10:33:31 PM »

Oh my, This is one beautiful map! I look forward to it with great expectation. I love the detail you have built into every city, airfield, and camp. Absolutely stunning work!  :) I guarantee this will be a favorite of mine once it is finished!

cogito, ergo sum armatus

Aragorn1963

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 10:51:16 PM »

Very interesting map. Would love to have it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.