Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: MOD Can_english_channel_40_41 and 42_45 revisited  (Read 57328 times)

DigitalEngine

• maybe....
Re: MOD Can_english_channel_40_41 and 42_45 revisited
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2015, 08:37:14 AM »

Installed into HFSX 7 as instructed on the previous post. Airfields are so much better.
Question though, does this mod add new "objects" or replace some of Cannons with existing/ modded objects.

Does this mod in effect free up object slots? (see below)

"The problem that we have with Objects is that Canon tried a novel method for building airfields. Instead of using an airfield texture and placing runway and taxiway objects on to it, he created large plates and drew the runways etc on to them. This had the effect of saving a lot of object placement on his maps, thus reducing loading time and improving fps and playability, but each airfield plate is itself an Object, the same as a building. And there they sit, loads of them, whether they are in use on a map or not; and the games limits have been reached as far as number of Objects and planes are concerned. For every new plane that is added now, Charlie has to take one out. If we could remove Canon's airfield plates that would free up so much space (and these days we can all run Il-2 to the max so his idea of lowering the object count on his maps isn't so essential any more) but it would require someone rebuilding all of the airfields on the Channel maps, a huge task."
"Cat", 242 forum
GeorgesMatix @ Mission4Today / TexasJG @ 1C Company Forum / GeorgesMatrix @ The CH Hanger / GeorgesMatrix @ 242 Squadron / BlueMatrix @ IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2015, 11:47:24 AM »

Installed into HFSX 7 as instructed on the previous post. Airfields are so much better.
Question though, does this mod add new "objects" or replace some of Cannons with existing/ modded objects.

Does this mod in effect free up object slots? (see below)
Hi,
All I can answer is that my moded maps are more heavy than the original one !
The Canon airfield plates are not deleted , but modified, in order to be able to put on them classics grass or concrete runways plates from stock games like DBW or HSFX 7...  ;)

flapper1

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2015, 12:29:26 PM »

Superb maps. Many thanks!

DigitalEngine

• maybe....
Re: MOD Can_english_channel_40_41 and 42_45 revisited How to Edit?
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2015, 12:01:02 PM »

tbauchot,
could you tell me please,
how did you open your "Cannons English Channel Revisited maps in the unlocked FMB to edit them?

I'm getting the below error,
(see linked post please)

Application memory error when opening large maps in unlocked FMB

Thanks for any who can help!!
GeorgesMatix @ Mission4Today / TexasJG @ 1C Company Forum / GeorgesMatrix @ The CH Hanger / GeorgesMatrix @ 242 Squadron / BlueMatrix @ IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2015, 03:09:48 PM »

Hi Digital Engine,
Personally when I work on the unlocked FMB I use only my DBW game install.
My exe is patched to 4 GB and I use the IL-2 selector on a RAM usage of 2048 MB
It is then possible for me to work on all the maps regardless of the size of the file "actors.static".
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,2476.0.html
(I am on a Windows 7, 64 bits system !)

In the hope that this will help you !  ;)

DigitalEngine

• maybe....
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2015, 08:16:40 PM »

Solved, sorta, anyway,
By ether renaming/removing tbauchot's "Can_english_channel_40_41 and 42_45 revisited" folder,
or,
extracting Cannon's original *actors.static files from HSFX and placing/replacing them into in tbauchot's "Can_english_channel_40_41 and 42_45 revisited" folder, then I can open these maps in the Unlocked FMB.

This leads me to suspect that tbauchot's "Can_english_channel_40_41 and 42_45 revisited" *actors.static files are just too large for my outdated system (they are considerable larger that Cannons originals), or they contain objects which my HSFX 7 install does not have maybe?
I can open these maps in the regular FMB, and use them in game.
Comments?
And thanks tbauchot's for the nice work!!

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2015, 12:30:57 PM »

Comments?
Hi DigitalEngine,
I think that for you, the "actors.static" size is the cause of the "crash" because my revisited maps works
on HSFX 7 without any added static objects... ;)

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2015, 12:16:14 PM »

Hi all,

In order to simulate the very long sandy beaches of the North Pas-de-Calais,
with the effects of tides, here for you this little update:

https://www.mediafire.com/download/vybp3emrwpln2jb/Coastline_Can_English_Channel.7z

Good flights, Thierry.   ;)

DigitalEngine

• maybe....
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2015, 12:02:26 PM »

tbauchot,
Finally got "Can_english_channel_40_41 and 42_45 revisited" maps to open in the unlocked FMB with your actors.static files last night.
Not exactly sure which action allowed this, more  on this later, but it opens.
One of the things I'd like to see is Cannons objects economized so to speak, in order to deal with the java limits of objects for HSFX 7 (8??).
More on this later, have to leave for work, and rest of the month will be busy off and on.
Thanks for your help!!

Mikeol1887

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2015, 07:34:35 PM »

This is brilliant thanks for all the hard work

bobrpggamer

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2015, 08:13:51 PM »

I have request for help using this map. I have a Battle of Brittan commercial expansion from "WWII Expansions" Here: http://www.wwiies.com/juegos/es/battleofbritain/. It has strict policy of using only the AAA 1.1 mod. its looks good except for the screenshot I have attached.

I am a veteran of many level editors (Hammer 4.0 Half Life 2 Source Engine, Custom Unreal editor 2 (Thief3edit), and Dark Mod for Doom 3 Level editor. I have also been a 3DS Max user since 1999.

This is a case of 2 or more plane (not airplanes but geometric flat planes) objects conflicting and flickering. Probably 2 planes (again not airplanes) on the Y axis with the same coordinates. possibly Y axis 0.xx being the same coordinates for both planes.

My question is can I replace the new Can_English_channel for the one used in this expansion in this mission and all missions without being overly confusing? I just want the textures to be upgraded to this new version, that is compatible with the AAA 1.1 mod.

I have tried many ways and nothing works. Of cource I don't know what I am doing.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2015, 01:50:31 AM »

The AAA 1.1 mod is mentioned as a requirement because when the campaign was made it was the modpack everybody used. Nowdays its considered to be very outdated. The addon you bought was made for the Channel 40 beta map which is a smaller scale dogfight map (CAN_Channel/CAN_40_load.ini). The realistic English channel maps were made later, this topic deals with those. You can run your addon with any modpack because the only requirement is the working Channel 40 beta map and the Spitfire Mk.I, everything else is stock game content.
Here's an update for the Channel 40 beta map which probably fixes the error on your picture, if not tell me the exact location to check: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,24522.0.html
I'd also recommend installing HSFX7 and maybe checking out the second part of the addon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 25 queries.