Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Another bad move from 777  (Read 17011 times)

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
Re: Another bad move from 777
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 01:55:59 AM »

A business trying to shift the blame for failure to its customers is disingenuous at best

What really gets me is that both clod and bos have diverted attention from 1946 for no net gain. Just think what 1946 could be by now - all cockpits like Freddy's recent releases, all maps like Cyberolas's ....... if only

LuseKofte

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 02:29:53 AM »

Well BOS did not deserve 0/10 , no sim do. So this is campaigning and metacritic recognized it.
Hateful simmers arent a new thing. It is the core of why we cannot choose

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 08:23:38 AM »

That post was removed from simhq's BoS section.
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/366/2/IL-2:_Battle_of_Stalingrad
There was this announcement where he said that he's leaving the forum because of negative comments and he said that he will be only active on the official forum.

This post you mean?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tfdh0QRwuewJ:simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4017773/1/No_longer_active_on_this_forum+&cd=1&hl=nl&ct=clnk&gl=nl

Yes, thats the one I remembered. Though I was wrong, he didnt say that is because of negative comments, but its fairly obvious.

shoresroad

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 12:18:47 PM »

Well BOS did not deserve 0/10 , no sim do. So this is campaigning and metacritic recognized it.
Hateful simmers arent a new thing. It is the core of why we cannot choose

Its great that you've found some fun in BoS.  But I bought BoS entirely for offline SP play and right now the SP Campaign is so bad I honestly don't play BoS at all.  So for me right now it is honestly a 0.  Even if BoS had a rudimentary form of a role playing campaign where I could name a pilot and he moved through time in the SP Campaign I would be playing it and would have given it a 7 or 8 with hopes that the campaign would be improved further over time by 1C/777.  But flying entirely for unlocks in a nameless squadron for either side from mission to mission has killed the immersion entirely for me.

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 12:33:58 PM »

Uhm...
as far as Pilot, roleplay, and the will to fare well is concerned...
BoS has never offered any immersion at all.

Command and Conquer or GTA did/do it better.
and its not by giving ma a 151/20 Gunpack that i will feel immersed.

on the immersion Note, the entire GUI is cold as ice with simple win8 sty le Buttons plastered all over the screen.
There is no Stalingrad [Men, winter, mud, work, struggle, fear...] in there at all.
Still feels like a win8 desktop, not a piece of software concerning one of the major battles in recent history.
all it takes is a bunch of textures or so.
Collecting dislikes since December '82.

wolfiz

• IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 Modders and News
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 12:39:20 PM »

The shallow similarity of most of the good reviews and the overall descriptive specificity of the bad reviews are worth noting. I was holding off on this because I simply had my hands full already. Glad I waited. http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/il-2-sturmovik-battle-of-stalingrad/user-reviews

LuseKofte

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 01:28:05 PM »

Uhm...

on the immersion Note, the entire GUI is cold as ice with simple win8 sty le Buttons plastered all over the screen.
There is no Stalingrad [Men, winter, mud, work, struggle, fear...] in there at all.
Still feels like a win8 desktop, not a piece of software concerning one of the major battles in recent history.

Either you are wrong ,or I am doing it wrong. I must have misunderstood role-play in sims all the way back to 1996. Silly me

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 02:03:32 PM »

Uhm...

Either you are wrong ,or I am doing it wrong. I must have misunderstood role-play in sims all the way back to 1996. Silly me

he means that the game (offline campaign) must scripted/designed in a way which helps to put you in a role of a 1940's combat pilot...a game is good in role play when the player must go thru the same actions as a real pilot (training, deployment, daily routine of a pilot, briefings. etc) and he experiences the same enviroment as in real life (historic frontlines, dynamic ground war, busy airspace, loosing your mates whom you know well, etc )

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2014, 02:12:44 PM »

nono, i am talking about the menues for one. the GUI...
pacfighters did it with briefing sounds.
SHIII is informative via graphics that are in the right mood, the right tech info...

and a proper briefing...

stuff like that.

i know that the roleplay thing is something that develops in your head as you play...
but is a lot initiated by an immersive game in the first place.
BoS is clinical, cold, shows nothing of Battle; over; Stalingrad. More like "plane-in-a-bunker" and Buttons that have a style like Popup windows.

and in "the other game"...
you actually SEE your plane in f**** daylight.
it is not hidden in the semi shadows, afraid to show its beauty with the only light source being dirty windows, and creepy shadows generated from some "welder" in the back.
The BoS hangar is creepy as hell. Not something you want to see.
even the annoying russian" Rum-tata" Music in the menues of 1946 is better than the BoS Menues.

LuseKofte

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2014, 03:14:07 PM »

I never thought the SP would be any different than cod sp. They both suck. I really start to believe I am the only one with realistic expectation to this game. That might be the reason I disagree so much regarding BOS towards pretty much everyone.
I am satisfied to find a dedicated server once in a while, because I was really not sure that would happened

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2014, 03:54:13 PM »

on the contrary to you, people want to play this.
you, as you say, get your 15 minutes once in a while, and are satisfied.
Why are your expectations so fucking low? for such big dollar? we wanna have fun for years to come!

Well... *I* want to. I want "1946 2" - or have a beginning of it.
I want it ALL. Not now. but this is the most important part... the foundation.
My expectations are High. which is normal.
and why are they normal? because the developpers themselves want to make the next step in the IL-2 series, because they come from IL-2 and know what makes it a decade-lasting success.
they have everything they need to make it good, both experience and skills.
Or so they claim.

and yes - you are on an IL-2 OFFLINEr site saying the future is ONline and SP is dead.
kind of makes sens if people disagree.
were you saying the things you say in a forum full if BoS and CloD squadrons, the replies would not be as negative or opposite to your views.
and 3/4 of the Players start this thing in SP.
to
A ) get a feel
B ) they have no squad
C ) they dont want to be part of a squad

SP is sorely needed because you can not expect people to learn this shit while being shot at by the F19 squad from the north or the Fighting irish or the german online squads.
and on the other hand side, the squads ask you for experience like in a Bloody Job interview - and it goes like this:

CEM?
The intricities of german Daimler benz and manual prop pitch?
What?
you do not know?
GTFO! We want the best! we ARE the best!
RRRAUS!

seen this myself, but then again i have this "smoke you attitude" to those kinds of squad leaders.

you can have the same opinion... depending on where and to whom you speak, you either get agreeing nods or headshakes. normal.
SP feeds the offliner while he can gear up for online.
and then, the online system better be permanent, with no darwbacks, and a lot of options to run this thing by yourself, not relying on "official servers" to limit the action and scope of activity.

wolfiz

• IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 Modders and News
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2014, 10:37:08 PM »

Metacritic deleted the entire review section for BoS. I just checked the link I posted above; I wanted to reread one review in particular that was very fair and descriptive. #facepalm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 25 queries.