Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Dewoitine D.520 by F_Red  (Read 74630 times)

sakai

• Modder
Re: Dewoitine D.520 by F_Red
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2017, 10:44:52 AM »

hello everyone
did anyone of you installed this beautifull MOD on VPmodpack... I tried but I cannot get into the cockpit (it froozes at when the mission is almost downloaded) The problem seems to be connected with the pesence of Rawers D520 but I don't understand how
thanks for the help

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2017, 10:51:45 AM »

Have you tried to move it further up in your MODs hierarchy (e.g. by addig 000_ as a prefix), so that it loads first?

sakai

• Modder
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2017, 10:06:20 AM »

Hello cgagan.... yes I tried (added few !!!!! in front of the file) but it doesn't work

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2017, 10:13:33 AM »

... may be you have a D520 cockpit somewhere (not Freddy's) that needs to be deactivated ...?

... what does your log say ...?

sakai

• Modder
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2017, 12:01:55 PM »

Hello Mick.... that could be that but now I have to figure out how to check that because I've never played with the log file

Sergent Pepper

« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2019, 06:09:33 PM »

I've found a way to add HSFX version (see first page of this thread) of Red's Dewoitine520 in MODS folder (not in jgsmemodfolder as usual)

1) After download, unzip D520_IES_HSFX_beta1 file and go to:

D520_IES_HSFX_beta1/jsgmemods/D520_IES_beta1/MODS/

You find:
-"AutoDiffFM_HSFX701_Expert-Normal_Mode" folder. Keep it!!!
-"STD" folder: open it.  Inside open "com" to air.ini

Look for Dewoitine 's line:
Dewoitine520      air.Dewoitine520 1                    NOINFO  fr01  SUMMER

Open stationary ini:
D520       vehicles.planes.D520Static$D520    1

In technics ini, no track of D520. :-[

Open I18n folder , planre ru and weapons ru files
(plane ru)
Copy and paste:
Dewoitine520         Dewoitine D.520, 1939    

(Weapons ru)
#####################################################################
# Dewoitine520
#####################################################################
Dewoitine520.default                     Default
Dewoitine520.none                        Empty.

So, you've got informations necessary for adding in STD folder of your MODS folder (inside your rootfolder)

Just add in your technics ini (France section)
[D520]
Description    D520
Icon           Plane
Class          air.Dewoitine520
PanzerBodyFront      0.002
Explode              WagonMetal

Now:
1) destroy com & i18n folder in D520_IES_HSFX_beta1/jsgmemods/D520_IES_beta1/MODS/STD

Cut & paste the remaining content in a new folder named D520_IES_beta1
Add in it "AutoDiffFM_HSFX701_Expert-Normal_Mode"
Paste this new folder in your   Root IL2 1946HSFX 7.03 modded/MODS

Don't forget to add lines in air ini, technics ini, Stationary ini, plane ru and Weapons ru.

Run game.

So, you'll not have anymore to choose between D520 and any others added planes before and after. :)

A problem is remaining : fly by sounds (with UV3) are too short.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2020, 09:35:49 PM »

I just installed this one, at last.

But jumpin' Jehosephat! The engine is so LOUD that I can barely hear the guns, and even after dialing down the volume my ears get numb pretty quickly. If this is supposed to be realistic, I might as well go all in and light my desk on fire to simulate my demise upon getting shot down in flames. ;) Jeez, I thought this was supposed to be more fun than torture.

I tried to add a value for the empty [SPL] section in the motor's preset file, but no change resulted.

Any way to dial down that horrific din?

I read here some talk about using Ranwers' version in conjunction, in order to utilize more sensible sounds. But things were not made particularly clear. I don't like to stumble blindly into things, preferring to understand just what's going on. Is it just a matter of using Ranwers' FM?
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2020, 12:41:34 PM »

I just installed this one, at last....The engine is so LOUD

Please check your PM: the link I attached is about to expire, and I haven't kept a copy! o_O

Regards
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2020, 08:59:02 PM »

Greybeard to the rescue; thanks, Giuseppe!

The volume is now in line with the general game standard.

Upon reflection, I almost wonder if the engine was originally made so loud in part just to keep up with the ear-splitting volume for the French actor samples. They hurt my poor ears, too (but at least that's not a constant, agonizing drone like the engine--just periodic blasts of pain.)
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2020, 01:03:07 AM »

Played around a bit with the cockpit Java class this evening.

Added a line of code for the 6DoF limits for 4.12 (possibly applicble to as early as 4.10?). The default settings when not specified here are a bit too limiting for this 'pit. Now one can move farther forward, upward and sideways.

The value for the speed at which the canopy is ripped off when open (even just a crack) was 300 km/h. The vast majority of planes have no such limit at all, or a more generous one. I increased this to 400 km/h, simply because of the general situation for so many other planes. It's a shocking surprise to suddenly have the sliding canopy disappear where it does not do so for scads of other planes.

I tried to get the magnetic compass to turn more sluggishly, by adapting code that I've successfully added to a few other 'pits. But no joy, unfortunately. Too bad, for magnetic compasses do not exhibit the same crisp response as do gyro compasses.

On other fronts...

Altered the texture for the gun sight reflector glass, making it less like a weakly diffusing, slightly cloudy plate. It's now more transparent, and instead of slightly yellowish it's very slightly greenish.

Tweaked the gun sight reticle.

I plan to make a properly circular reticle mask of diameter equal to the concave mirror which collimates the image.

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2020, 02:01:55 AM »

The value for the speed at which the canopy is ripped off when open (even just a crack) was 300 km/h. The vast majority of planes have no such limit at all, or a more generous one.
Some modder is convinced that cockpit canopy tearing off in flight is a further touch of realism... They even refuse photographical evidence:

[Source: http://www.res-aeronautica.com]

On other fronts...
Thanks for all your work. Unfortunately, in my case the main problem of this cockpit is its graphical "heaviness": especially when I look around from cockpit inside, FPS is heavily hit. :(
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Sarkozuhus

« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2020, 06:42:45 AM »

Hello. Can anyone please explain to a noob how to, actually, install it? I have SAS Modact 6.4 and I don't have a MODS folder. Never installed mods before.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 27 queries.