Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: HD / True Color Mod v1.1 (4K Skins)  (Read 73750 times)

zsoltquack

Re: HD / True Color Mod v1.1 (4K Skins)
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2015, 11:51:27 PM »

Very nice. Thank you. :) Bug.. the P-47 skin, on the under belly the writting is backward as if looking at writting in a mirror. Also, I'm not sure about this as its been sometime since I flew the P-47 but could the new dll's cause this.....

The outside view, the canopy goes up and down instead of rolling back or forward.

I'm sure it must be another conflict but since I dont change dll's often, I thought I would ask.

Hello,

How to turn the chocks?

Zsolt

Baja

« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2016, 05:13:07 AM »

Hi all.

Apologies for bringing up a post that was last updated 18 months ago, but I'm getting increasingly frustrated.

First of all, I'm not new to il2 - got the first one that came out, then PF, and recently tried out CloD and now 1946. Loved CloD's potential, but got so irritated by the stuttering just when engaging the enemy and couldn't find a solution that worked, so thought I'd try 1946. Love the game, but after being a little pampered with the graphics of CloD and War Thunder, I looked at the mods for 1946. Now prepare yourselves, I'm a complete noob at modding!

I'm happy with stock 1946, not interested in online multiplayer (don't have the time or the skill!), but just want to beef up the look of it, which led me here. I've installed SAS Modact 5.3x and it's optional mods. If memory serves, these come with a version of the Hi res mod, but it never seemed to work for me. I'm completely open to the possibility that I've not installed it correctly, which is why I'm gonna reinstall it from scratch (thank God I made a back up of the stock version).

Can someone give me an idiot's guide to installing and configuring this? I've read the readme's, and attempted to understand the various threads and comments here, but it's just confusing me. I launched the jsgme.exe and activated the True Color Textures for SAS ModAct, High Resolution Texture Dlls and the Hi Res True Color Sample Custom Skins mods, as well as a few others including Carsmaster's water mod that came with the package, but I'm still getting low res textures on the ground, and I don't think I'm getting any change in the aircraft either.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to increase the memory allocation in the il2 Selector.exe? Do I need to mess around with the conf.ini? Do I need to download actual ground textures?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2016, 05:35:34 AM »

Maybe there's a general misunderstanding here:
This mod doesn't "magically" turn the whole game into high res, all it does is to enable you to use larger textures (2K² or 4K² instead of 1K² pixels).
The textures (ground, aircraft, whatever) ship separately, for instance as "HD" aircraft skins.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Baja

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2016, 06:01:41 AM »

Thanks Mike. That did cross my mind. So I've probably done it right, I just need to download the actual objects? Am I right in thinking they're all readily available within this site? Is it one download per item? Individually wrapped aircraft? What about ground textures? And should the water not have worked though?

Sorry for the utter thicky-ness.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2016, 06:06:51 AM »

Water is a completely different thing.
There are several water mods available (most famous will be water=4) but they need specific conf.ini settings.
Let's discuss that in the regarding thread(s).

The HD skins are available as separate downloads, that's true.
There's a couple of HD skins available in the skin downloads section here at SAS, the HD ones are usually marked with an "HD" thread icon.
One example here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,51405.0.html
You can test whether the HD mod installation went well simply by downloading and installing such an HD skin and checking whether or not you can select it in the game.

Best regards - Mike

Baja

« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2016, 02:17:55 AM »

Hi again,

I'm afraid it didn't work. Once mods are activated, and game started. I go into the QMB, go into the loadout, and attempt to change the skins for the associated planes. They all show the default and a void paintjob, apart from the P47D-27, which has a few others, but none of them have the words 4k, 2k or HD in the description.

I have added the excerpt from my log file below. (apologies for the long post - I did try to use the insert code function, but it keeps telling me I can't post external links. What's that all about?!)

[Sep 6, 2016 7:43:06 AM] ------------ BEGIN log session -------------
OpenGL provider: dx8wrap.dll
OpenGL library:
  Vendor: 1C.Multimedia.Dev/Maddox.
  Render: DirectX8.
  Version: 1.1
  Extensions: GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_compression
Size: 1680x1050
ColorBits: 32
DepthBits: 24
StencilBits: 8
isDoubleBuffered: true

*** Looking for Advanced CPU Instructions...
  • PentiumPro
  • Multimedia (MMX)
  • 3D (SSE)
  • 3D (SSE2)
  • 3D (3DNow)

ColourBits 32, ABits 0, ZBits 24

*** Looking for Render API Extensions ...
[-] 'GL_EXT_paletted_texture' extension - Palettized textures (8 bit RGBA palette).
[-] 'GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array' extension - Compiled Vertex arrays.
[-] 'GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint' extension - Frustum clipping optimization.
  • 'GL_EXT_secondary_color' extension - Secondary Color for 3D fog & specular optimization.
  • [-] 'GL_EXT_separate_specular_color' extension - SeparateSpecular for 3D fog & specular optimization.
  • 'GL_ARB_multitexture' extension - Multitexturing.
  • 'GL_EXT_texture_env_combine' extension - Multitextures advanced combining for special effects.
  • [-] 'GL_NV_texture_env_combine4' extension - Multitextures advanced combining for special effects.
    [-] 'GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3' extension - Dot3 Bump advanced combining.
    [-] 'GL_NV_depth_clamp' extension - Corrects Shadows rendering
    [-] 'GL_NV_texture_shader' extension - NV Pixel Shaders
  • 'GL_ARB_texture_compression' extension - Saves texture memory by 400%
  • [-] 'GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic' extension - Anisotropic texture filtering.

Maximum texture size : 16384
    Maximum simultaneous textures :8
    MaxAnisotropic (1.0 = none) : 1.000000
    WARNING: 'Perfect' Mode required latest drivers with 'vertex buffer' support
    WARNING: 'Perfect' Mode required pixels shaders
    WARNING: 'Perfect' Mode required latest drivers with vertex shaders support'GL_ARB_vertex_program'
    WARNING: 'Perfect' Mode is not supported for this combination of hardware and drivers.
    15 Splashscreens available.
    AutoMounting SFS files from folder SFS_AUTO now...
    Trying to AutoMount SFS_AUTO\sasup_decals_01.sfs... mounted successfully!
    Trying to AutoMount SFS_AUTO\sasup_effects01.sfs... mounted successfully!
    Trying to AutoMount SFS_AUTO\sas_maps_01.sfs... mounted successfully!
    Trying to AutoMount SFS_AUTO\sas_sound_01.sfs... mounted successfully!
    Trying to AutoMount SFS_AUTO\sas_sound_02.sfs... mounted successfully!
    AutoMounting SFS files from folder SFS_AUTO finished.
    INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 75 -> 32 (delta = -43) to Range 0..32
    INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 120 -> 60 (delta = -60) to Range 0..60
    INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 0.95 -> 0.95 (delta = -1.19209e-008) to Range 0..0.95
    INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 0.95 -> 0.95 (delta = -1.19209e-008) to Range 0..0.95
    Initializing DirectSound playback device...
    Primary buffer created.
    Playback format is set : sampling rate = 44100, num channels = 2.
    Not enought hardware buffers (0), hardware disabled
    Buffer caps : Transfer rate = 0, CPU overhead = 0.
    Default speaker config is : 1310724.
    Direct sound audio device initialized successfully :
    DX Version : 7
    Hardware    - disabled
[buffers : 0]
Extensions  - enabled :
  EAX ver. 1 [ ]  - disabled
  EAX ver. 2 [ ]  - disabled
  EAX ver. 3 [ ]  - disabled
  I3D ver. 2 [ ]  - disabled
  ZoomFX     [ ]  - disabled
  MacroFX    [ ]  - disabled
SIMD render [X]
num channels 32

Loading mission Records/Intro 04 Ed.trk...
Load bridges
Load static objects
warning: no files : music/crash
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVc/Test Skin (HD 2048).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Valid BMP format is only  uncompressed 8bit (palette) image
With width and height equals power of 2
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVc/Test Skin (HD 2048).bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/Fw-190A-8/Test Skin (HD 4096).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/Fw-190A-8/Test Skin (HD 4096).bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/AX-W (HD 2048).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/AX-W (HD 2048).bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/Default 1 (HD 2048).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/Default 1 (HD 2048).bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/Default 2 (HD 2048).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/Default 2 (HD 2048).bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/Dirty Alloy (HD 2048).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/Dirty Alloy (HD 2048).bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/Dirty Alloy RAF (HD 2048).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/Dirty Alloy RAF (HD 2048).bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/FT-H (HD 2048).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/FT-H (HD 2048).bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/Prototype (HD 2048).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/Prototype (HD 2048).bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/RAF 2 NM (HD 2048).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/RAF 2 NM (HD 2048).bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/RAF NM (HD 2048).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/RAF NM (HD 2048).bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/RZ-U (HD 2048).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/RZ-U (HD 2048).bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/SA-S (HD 2048).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/SA-S (HD 2048).bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/ZP-Q (HD 2048).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/SpitfireMkVIII/ZP-Q (HD 2048).bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/P-47D/Test Skin (HD 4096).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/P-47D/Test Skin (HD 4096).bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Skins/P-47D-27/Test Skin (HD 4096).bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Skin PaintSchemes/Skins/P-47D-27/Test Skin (HD 4096).bmp NOT loaded
[Sep 6, 2016 7:45:32 AM] -------------- END log session -------------

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2016, 03:58:52 AM »

Please enable "#SAS_True Color HD Skins by Carsmaster" in JSGME and please also take a look again at your conf.ini, currently your game is running in DirectX mode but IL-2 only works perfectly when being run in OpenGL mode.

Best regards - Mike

Baja

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2016, 05:30:16 AM »

I won't be able to do anything till I get home from work later. However, I tried changing from DirectX to OpenGL from within the game itself, and it looked as though it restarted the game, but when it started loading back up, it crashed (no error). Haven't had a look at the log file yet. When I manually started the game again, it was back to DirectX.

Is it preferable to change to OpenGL from the config file instead of in-game? Again, I'll try to edit the conf file and let you know how I get on.

Thanks

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2016, 05:34:48 AM »

General speaking it should work both ways.
There's also an "il2setup.exe" in the game folder where you can switch between DirectX and OpenGL mode.
The only reason for using DirectX would be when your PC is using CPU-integrated graphics ("Intel HD <whatever>").

Best regards - Mike

Baja

« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2016, 05:48:18 AM »

See, told you I was a noob! Didn't see the il2setup. Will try that. And definitely not onboard gfx - pci-e ati/amd 7560 (I think). Fantastic little card for the cost, and should be more than man enough to play this without too much hassle.

Baja

« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2016, 06:13:30 AM »

Right, I'm remote controlling my machine, and cannot see an il2setup.exe - even done a search within the IL 2 Sturmovik 1946 folder...nuffing! And I've gone to enable the "#SAS_True Color HD Skins by CarsMaster" mod, and it's saying that the 6 dll's (il2corSSE3.dll, il2corSSE4.dll, il2core.dll, il2core4.dll, msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll) have already been altered by the "HD Mod DLL's" mod.

Shall I continue?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2016, 06:39:56 AM »

Yes you can continue, even though if I were you I'd do it the other way around.
So: First disable the "HD Mod DLLs", then enable the "#SAS_True Color HD Skins by CarsMaster" entry and finally re-enable "HD Mod DLLs" again.
The latter will give you the same warning, in that case simply say "yes" and continue.

The fact that there's no il2setup.exe in your folder might be due to it being a Steam installation, I'm not familiar with Steam IL-2 installs.

Best regards - Mike
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 26 queries.