Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: BoS Single Player Campaign Unveiled!  (Read 19488 times)

asheshouse

• SAS Team
Re: BoS Single Player Campaign Unveiled!
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2014, 12:36:55 PM »

Nice video. More stuff in that vein will create a few customers.

LuseKofte

« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2014, 12:55:27 PM »

Well it is a all over experience flying in bos, you probably get fooled to believe it is better than it is while flying in it. The effects and light/atmosphere bring much "realism" or maybe our film romantic opinion of realism.
It bring a lot of joy, but I cannot spend too much time flying online, somehow I get full of it after 45 minutes

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2014, 02:19:46 PM »

imho the new Stalingad map by Cyberolas looks much better/more realistic then the BoS map + it has an even better looking  summer version...

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2014, 02:29:13 PM »

As for MAPS modded IL-2 rules, unrestricted. As for game engine, it is dated, no grass, no real shadows etc. ;)
To be fair, again subjective, IMHO the contenders for kickass sims of varying realism level atm are:

-DCS, terrain still sucks.
-BOS, again rather a survey, which is fully ok since immersion and terrain also contribute to realism if FMs are ok.
-Falcon BMS (jet age, modern) with soon coming amazing new cockpits/planes and other than F-16 and hopefully a terrain upgrade with BMS 4.33. All nice but dated terrain.

Rest...yawn, not my cup of tea. :) COD maybe except for the popup old issue which I can only tolerate in IL-.2. ;)

LuseKofte

« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2014, 02:50:53 PM »

imho the new Stalingad map by Cyberolas looks much better/more realistic then the BoS map + it has an even better looking  summer version...

I agree, mapwise IL2 is better than all these games

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2014, 04:59:41 PM »

wow.
haven't touched the thing since they added pure evil to BoS... the one-ninety. :P
Glad to see action is being taken and progress is being made.

I am sorry that this thread is not informing the populous, as malone said.
what i see makes me frown, like "Hmm... what the heck is this about?!!"

but come on, i spent hundreds of hours in a modded FMB, playing with the toys at hand, making movie-like missions, creating fleets and online dogfights that were flown for months, recreating pacific assaults and carrier groups + BBs pounding each other.

i am not informed yet, have not taken the time to - but a FMB that is useable without a programming degree, a FMB that has a shatload of content and objects, and waypoints and weather settings and options n stuff is Key.

...key to both onliner and offliner community.

We are not only triggerhappy armchair Pilot-users, but also makers. makers of skins and makers of scenarios. makers of online races and makers of squad matches. We read the books and the memories contained - and recreate the history to relax, to understand, to appreciate our fragile peace.

Let's see. maybe i should put some time into this on the weekend.
Collecting dislikes since December '82.

LuseKofte

« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2014, 05:23:24 PM »

Well making good campaigns without scripting is not doable. Online that is. So you nee d some know how anyways.
As I understand it they aim for a reasonablemission editor at some point after the final release. How ever, ROF mission editor is far from useless

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2014, 05:32:51 PM »

some scripting, use of barely readable language, i did expect that. complex scenarios need complex tools and complex minds to translate that to game code.

I guess from a global code perspective, 1946 missions are a joke; they describe what map, what weather, what objects, what routes.
the rest is done by AI who tries to execute that recipe.

which brings me to the point of recognizing that the future is "a bit" more complex. But then again, online campaigns is not where you start. You start at putting your plane somewhere, and a target somewhere.
and then another, and another. and as long as a good graphics interface is available and i do not stare at a text console...
should be doable, learnable.

LuseKofte

« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2014, 07:50:43 AM »

Well to tell you the truth, I know nothing about IL2 online mission making. But in CLOD and BOS scripting make online campaigns very interesting. Now if that sim had a JU 52 I would fly only JU 52 and do transport missions. Because in BOS you need to supply airbases, or can if you want to. We need to use 111´s for it now, witch is not far off, since there was a transport version of that plane.
In CLOD the scripting more goes for how to win a goal witch is nice. Drop 8000 kilo bomb and you disable a airbase, take out 4 of them you win the map.
So if there is not a program witch make you play with the mouse for obtain these kind of objectives,  scripting is nessersery
I made a test campaign in clod where I just copied a script, All I had to do was change values and the script worked. So it is not that hard if you got hand on a template

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2014, 10:23:26 AM »

Oh yea, and the condor was used too, and the Greiff.

But to stay honest: what is Stalingrad without the German logistics aspect.
That's not even a question. its like D-Day without the Douglas, like market garden without Gotha's.
Logistics were one of the main pillars of that situation.

A lot of content is missing, but me, i am hoping for the future. a Ju, a Storch an eighty-eight... just tons of planes and ground objects that are not in... yet. (?)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2014, 11:58:49 PM »

Some official info about the SP campaign, looks to me that some people are not too happy about it but its good news here:

777 Studios - Jason

Loft has built what he promised he would. He never said he would build the same system as ROF or 1946 or anything else. It's all there in the Dev Blogs.

I always knew some in the hardcore community wouldn't like this system, but luckily for you I am still here and will work with talented individuals in the community utilizing the tools like the ME and give as much support as I can so eventually there can be a Campaign that is a more like the other campaign systems you like. With the ME and a little programming talent an amazing dynamic Campaign system can be built along the lines of what Pat Wilson built for ROF over the past 3 years. It's really good and is a testament of what can be achieved with our technology.

The guys who want a certain type of deep role-playing campaign are not the average customer any more in this genre unfortunately. I'm one of the old school types myself too, but its not easy making a popular flying game these days with simply the older game-play designs.

What you will enjoy is a sim/game that WORKS with minimal bugs that prevent you from flying and fighting. That has always been the first priority. The role-playing and historical detail you may want will have to come later on, just as much of it has come from the community with all the other popular simulations ever made. This is actually where 90% of my fun has come from as a sim pilot the last 15 years.

It will all sort itself out in time.

Jason

Forums » Air Combat & Civil Aviation » IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad » Dev Update 79
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4012097/Re:_Dev_Update_79#Post4012097

Pat will make his code available to anyone who has the skills to use it. It's written in Java.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 23 queries.