Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: IL-2 family and IL-10 opening canopys mod  (Read 23556 times)

Uufflakke

• Modder
Re: IL-2 family and IL-10 opening canopys mod
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 01:43:45 AM »

I'm getting the IL-10 to work in DBW 1.71 with your new 4.10 class files Radge thanks but,the the IL-2's still give me the dreaded memory error crash.Hope they can be modified for 4.10 as well.

Now the IL-10 is working indeed. Before the update the plane was on its belly, no wheels extracted.
But when the IL-2 is selected I also get the 100% CTD with a popup saying the TrackIR .exe ain't working properly etc.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 10:32:12 PM »

My DBW 1.71 CTDs at 100% Mission Loading.

the IL-2's still give me the dreaded memory error crash.

Log.Lst would not work in this case.It's just a 4.12 to 4.10 class file issue at this point.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 01:14:12 AM »

<Rant mode ON>

Log.Lst would not work in this case.
100% pure genuine bullshit.

when the IL-2 is selected I also get the 100% CTD with a popup saying the TrackIR .exe ain't working properly etc.
Posting this right after I've kindly asked for log.lst is absolutely offending to me.

It's just a 4.12 to 4.10 class file issue at this point.
And that's exactly why log.lst is so important. Go figure!

What the hell do you guys think modders are made of? Are we magicians who can see through your eyes when an error happens on your side? Are we supposed to have 1532 PCs of each and every type under our desk, each with multiboot OS from Windows 3.1 up to 8.1? Should we dream ourselves into your IL-2 folder at night?
It should go without saying that each and every CTD bug report should contain a log.lst excerpt, but no... that'd be too much to be expected from those who use the free mods available here obviously. We got the message and hence keep asking for log.lst permanently.
But now even that should be too much? Seriously?
Heck what do you expect? It's too much for you to get a few f**king lines posted of your log.lst? What do you have to hide in there???
At the same time you expect modders to reinvent the wheel for you?? For free? With 24/7 support?
Don't you think you're missing the berries and cream on your cake?

I f**king don't get it.

<Rant mode OFF>

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 08:37:21 PM »

https://www.mediafire.com/view/zilf8wh6od96w2m/log.lst  Well okay then here it is,after the ass chewing by Storebror I figured I'd better post something.Even after Ive been told by several people that a 100% memory error crash causes the LOG.LST to be incomplete.I'm hoping their wrong and Storebror is right and maybe with the LOG.LST I provided we can get the correct class files for the IL-2's in 4.10.

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 12:13:48 AM »

Nice atmosphere here.
I even don't want this mod anymore after that stupid rant.
Bye!

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 12:26:40 AM »

Yeah Uufflakke but,Storebror was right a LOG.LST should have been posted even if it is just a class file issue.I don't blame him I know better and I can't blame him for venting his frustration either,I know Ive felt like venting a few times in different threads. >:( ;) :) No harm no foul LOG.LST posted hope it helps get us a working 4.10 version. ;D

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 12:32:09 AM »

Well, if he thinks I'm offending him. So be it.
I don't even know how to get that log.lst. I gave it a try but nothing showed up after restarting the game.
Later on I found out that there is a mod to get that log.lst to show up. But it was too late already.

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 12:40:55 AM »

Can you install the log.lst mod at this point and try to duplicate your last results with this mod?Then if it happens again you should be able to post your log.lst file,after installing the mod it creates a little file in your main game folder called log after any missions you fly. 

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 12:59:44 AM »

guys, the log mod allows for a complete log. without it, you will still always have a log.lst file, as this happens with the stock game as well. so without that mod, you will still have a log, but it might be cut short of the relevant info concerning the crash.
now, about the so called rudeness and 'ass-chewing' comments, you guys are experienced members with years of modding under the belt, and i simply can't believe that any of you aren't aware of the log requirements.
it's been this way for years, and we need it, simple as that.
you might not like what Storebror wrote, but he is absolutely correct, and it's ridiculous to expect the same old handful of admins to have to repeat this on a daily basis after so many years, for old and new members alike.
i'm also tired of having to repeat this same stuff every day - we all are.
it has always been asked for members to read the sticky posts in various boards, which contains this info.
maybe the old hands feel they are somehow too good to read such stuff?
honestly, we are the same few guys having to repeat this same story every day, for years now, are we expected to just carry on like this? i think not.
if this trend doesn't stop soon, and members, old and new alike, actually start reading the available stickies like we ask, i will consider simply closing the site to the general public, and carry on with a small group of modders as we originally intended.
so many members, so many that are dead quiet, never offer any help for new guys, are quite happy to sit back and let the small group of admins work themselves to death, and then only climb in and complain when they read a post they don't like, and accuse us of being the bad guys.
i think i speak for the entire team, when i say we have had enough of this sort of behavior.
if the community expects us to just carry on like this, and doesn't help from their side when they can, i have no qualms to close the doors to the general, seemingly ungrateful, public.
give us a break.
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2014, 01:06:42 AM »

Thank you for hitting the nail on it's head Malone.
I've had another reply ready but you luckily beat me to it, mine would have been... ah forget it.
You've put it straight perfectly fine, I sign every single word of your post.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Forager

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 08:09:39 AM »

It would be a shame if this site closed.

I am just a mod user and the only support I am able to give is a Thank You to all the guys here who keep this game alive.

I see a 4.12 and only a 4.12 icon on this mod and the complaints here are because it may not work properly in 4.10 DBW.

That is a sad fact all over this site, a mod gets posted for a certain version and people bitch because it does not work in their different version.

That must be really irritating for modders but they always step up and try to accommodate those people with fixes, a fact confirmed in this very thread:
NS~Radge
Hello, guys! :)
Because of your problems I decided to post original Molva classes for the IL-10,
I think they should work properly in the 4.10/DBW ;)

Link is in the first post :)

SAS is the main site for modding this game and the people here improve, almost on release, each Team Daidalos update plus add things TD has no time or interest for.

There will always be people, new here, who do not read enough and need a bit of patience but the attitude of some here, who should know better, is childish.

Moderators, maybe there is a way to weed the garden rather than plow it under?

NS~Radge, thank you for the opening canopies which work just fine in 4.12.2.

It would be a shame if this site closed.

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2014, 01:13:20 PM »

Sorry to burst in on this topic but somethink just occured to me, the way the canopy opens on IL 10 is like it does on the early P 51;s. Can this mod be of use for those AC;s? If so is any modder interested to fix them too? (Please!)
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 26 queries.