Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: MissionPro Combo - fully revised for v4.12.2m  (Read 35213 times)

Forager

Re: MissionPro Combo - fully revised for v4.12.2m
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2014, 03:10:07 PM »

Bob,
The Quick folder is installed when you install the game and contains only the qmb missions for maps in the non modded 4.12.2 install.

If you keep a non modded copy, look in its Missions folder, the Quick folder there matches the one in your modded game.

I would not mess with it.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2015, 03:58:43 PM »

benitomuso,

Just for your information, I found that there is a difference between the install in this thread and the version of MissionProCombo you include with Total Modder Easy Pack.  The difference I found was that the version here works when trying to install TFM412 with Total Modder; the version you included with Easy Pack causes a crash in FMB when attempting to select any static object (aircraft, artillery, ships, etc).  Only in FMB.  I installed Pre DBW2 as well and that is not an issue with it... seems that it only affects TFM412, and I would imagine the upcoming Compressed Full Monty (CFM).

The specific differences between this install here is that it has 397 vs 394 files in Total Modder Easy Pack.  Easy Pack MissionProCombo is missing the following files:  3BA0EBD27A0BF1CC, C83DC122AC43C2E0 and F2B7D2A28A1E7DCC.

More details here:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,40015.msg495904.html#msg495904
... if you are interested.

Thank you for your great utilities.

UberDemon/danzigzag
www.uberdemon.net
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at http://www.uberdemon.net

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2015, 12:29:22 AM »

while the missionpro combo pack is one of the most useful and well worked out mods available for il-2 at all (much praise here!) i was sad to find out that one feature of the old QMB was abandoned:

the random loading of numbered missions for a map. [example: having 3 different "BlueScrambleXX" missions]
i think this feature was perfect for people who wanted a quick (training) flight, but still wanted to be surprised.

for example i want to create 3-4 scramble missions for a map, where you have the enemy approach from a different direction and arrive at a different time, while the player is starting his aircraft for scramble in each numbered variant of the mission.

now with the modern missionpro QMB the player has to choose explicitly the one mission he wants to fly... so there will be no surprise, while with the old random loading method he could just choose "BlueScramble" and end up in any one of the 3-4 pre-built QMB missions!

i would not want to miss out on missionpro Combo ever again, but i just wanted to share my thoughts on this special matter anyway :)

best regards,

deci

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2015, 04:16:08 AM »

while the missionpro combo pack is one of the most useful and well worked out mods available for il-2 at all (much praise here!) i was sad to find out that one feature of the old QMB was abandoned:

the random loading of numbered missions for a map. [example: having 3 different "BlueScrambleXX" missions]
i think this feature was perfect for people who wanted a quick (training) flight, but still wanted to be surprised.

for example i want to create 3-4 scramble missions for a map, where you have the enemy approach from a different direction and arrive at a different time, while the player is starting his aircraft for scramble in each numbered variant of the mission.

now with the modern missionpro QMB the player has to choose explicitly the one mission he wants to fly... so there will be no surprise, while with the old random loading method he could just choose "BlueScramble" and end up in any one of the 3-4 pre-built QMB missions!

i would not want to miss out on missionpro Combo ever again, but i just wanted to share my thoughts on this special matter anyway :)

best regards,

deci

I didn't remember that function. It is not difficult to re-implement. I will take a look one day.

Regards,
                      Pablo

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2015, 11:10:15 PM »

thanks for considering this. it is not an important matter, but maybe in the future you find time to look at it. i imagine it something like this and made a mock-up picture to present it better :

when you select "random" you will only see the mission type name without the numbered versions!
when turning "random" off you can choose freely any mission you want (like now).

cheers!

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2015, 01:41:36 AM »

while with the old random loading method he could just choose "BlueScramble" and end up in any one of the 3-4 pre-built QMB missions!

I didn't remember that function.

I too do not remember this feature.
Do you have such a old version loadable?
Maybe make a screenshot then and help us old guys?  ;)

i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2015, 02:07:13 AM »

while with the old random loading method he could just choose "BlueScramble" and end up in any one of the 3-4 pre-built QMB missions!

I didn't remember that function.

I too do not remember this feature.
Do you have such a old version loadable?
Maybe make a screenshot then and help us old guys?  ;)

this was kind of an invisible feature. the QMB mission select file only showed the missions like "BlueScramble" or "BlueNoneA" (i am not sure if it showed 00 too, but it showed just ONE version of each mission type), so when you had more than one mission of the same type (numbered with 00,01,02,03 etc) it was loaded randomly when you selected fly.

this is mentioned in many tutorials for the QMB and QMB mission creation and on many postings at M4T and SAS.

i cannot provide any screenshots of the original QMB. i tried running stockgame and tried to disable missionprocombo in my #sas folder, but then i cant load the game at all. hehe.

edit: i found the posting where benitomuso mentioned removing the feature:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,12224.msg128614.html#msg128614

again, this is not a big thing, i don't want to stir up any trouble or anything. i just wanted to mention, that i think this feature is very good and i miss it to enjoy randomized Scrambles or Dogfights in QMB.

cheers!

52Zebra

• 52Zebra
  • Modder
  • Standby for incoming transmission from 52Zebra
    • 10thWorld
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2015, 11:33:26 AM »

How is this activated in v4.12.2m ?

Marat

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2018, 04:30:09 AM »

The max FPS in the images on the first page are 143!!! How to get this efficiency?

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2018, 03:07:42 PM »

Hi,

Something that bothered me for some time... I got the targets back to their right location in the brief window by restoring the 4.12.2 stock GUIBriefing.class

I didn't notice any relevant changes or additions in the class included in MissionPro Combo for v4.12.2m so I assume it is safe to have it removed/replaced.

Either delete class 48804A2897F67F1A from your modded game so that IL-2 uses the stock class (preferred method) or place the fix proposed below above !!00_PAL-MissionProCombo-v4122 folder:

! ! ! Stock 4.12.2 GUIBriefing.class.zip

Cheers!

EDIT 19-May-2019: Note below update.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2019, 06:45:59 AM »

Mission Pro Combo PLUS v0.5

>>> Mission Pro Combo PLUS has now its own topic

B.A.T. users!

This mod is already built in BAT. If you have THE BLITZ v3.6.2 or later, you don't need to do anything else since you already have Mission Pro Combo PLUS v0.5.

Mission Pro Combo is a wonderful but complex mod that has been serving well for years. Codename/version "PLUS v0.5" is an initiative to improve multiplayer compatibility, fix some annoyances and enhance the Full Mission Builder experience. This update installs on top of the original download that can be found in the first post of this topic.

New FMB Controls window

I use the Full Mission Builder sparingly, and when I want to edit a mission I always have to browse the net to understand what key does what.

There are hundreds of well crafted tutorials and videos and thousands of topics about FMB and mission building. All refer to the exact set of keys and the common knowledge available is outstanding. Changing FMB keys is possible (I won't explain how) but counterproductive and hardly useful: when you change a key you render a tutorial inaccurate.

To improve the FMB experience I propose to have a window that displays the default FMB Control keys. Simple and useful.

I also took the chance to make the "Load Mission" and "Mission Description" windows larger by default to take advantage of modern high-res screens.

It was detected the Mission Description fields (Name/Short/Brief) can get mixed up upon loading several different missions. To (try to) solve the situation I reverted the offending class to stock 4.12.2.

I also added the "save" prompt to the Recent Missions menu. Up until now you could open a mission and lose all changes of the mission you were just editing.

The mod includes the briefing fix discussed right above this post. Allow me to quote myself:

Something that bothered me for some time... I got the targets back to their right location in the brief window by restoring the 4.12.2 stock GUIBriefing.class

I didn't notice any relevant changes or additions in the class included in MissionPro Combo for v4.12.2m so I assume it is safe to have it removed/replaced.

A picture is worth a thousand words:

Mission Pro Combo for v4.12.2m

Mission Pro Combo PLUS fix:

It was detected some multiplayer modes can freeze the screen when loading campaigns. To prevent this from happening I restored a couple of stock NetServer classes.

Last, I took this chance to darken the red & blue font colors that can be seen in QMB and in the Briefings. The original colors were too bright to my liking.

DONWLOADS!

The mod installs of top of Mission Pro Combo for 4.12.2. Find Mission Pro Combo in the first post of this topic. Download the update below and drop the contents to your MODS/00_PAL-MissionProCombo-v4122 folder.

(Once again: BAT users should upgrade to THE BLITZ v3.6.2 or later).

MissionProCombo-PLUS_v0.5.zip

Have fun!
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2019, 04:38:35 PM »

Yet another bl**dy wonderful addition to the game! And this one fixes something that has been bothering me for a long time: that in order to get changes to briefings to "stick" you had to exit not only the FMB but the entire game, and start again. Just for that you should be given some kind of award!!!  :D :D :D
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.