Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Visual MOD V9 (New Walking Pilot + Depth of Field + the rest)  (Read 133083 times)

Plowshare

• Modder
Re: Visual MOD V9 (New Walking Pilot + Depth of Field + the rest)
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 01:20:54 PM »

I've been laughing my a$$ off at this:

and this:

Something I've noticed - and this goes along with the screen shots and happens only online: If I leave my plane then go back to it on the ground all is well; if I leave my plane and jump into another one, I don't have control of that plane until I LeavePlane again. At this point I don't have control of the avatar on the ground and can only watch from the cockpit as it runs away until it falls flat on its face on the ground (or, as in the pictures above, they run away!). You can see what I mean because, in the second picture, some of the avatars are face down after running the set distance. When I'm in the second plane I can use the F1 view and fly the plane from this point on. If I go to an F2 view though, the cockpit is empty. I can "bail out" in that an avatar is generated jumping out of the plane after the canopy is jettisoned but, again, I cannot control it.

Offline I've found is that, if I bail out, I can control the avatar but I cannot take control of any aircraft from that point on. I'd looked forward to landing behind enemy lines, running over to a nearby base, then stealing a plane!!

benitomuso:
Is all this what you've wanted to do or are these bugs?

Bob

WindWpn

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 01:41:41 PM »

Hey Pablo,

is there a way to "reset" the mod values outside of IL2?  Somehow, I porked the mod by messing with the control stereo settings which has caused my ingame view to freeze.  Not the game is not crashed, as I can still hit esc and return to the debrief screen, though every time I try to come back in regardless of plane/map, etc... in quick, the ingame screen is frozen.  I also tried disabling, switching to v8, etc... all within TM, but to no avail.  Was hoping perhaps there is a config.ini mod param I can pass to reset the control mod?

UPDATE:  got it resolved by trying a few other configs via TM which I guess cleared out the bugged settings I had set up for V9.
Though question still remains if there is a param available to reset the V9 parameters to default settings via the config.ini mod section?

~S~
wind

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 03:24:05 PM »

Something I've noticed - and this goes along with the screen shots and happens only online: If I leave my plane then go back to it on the ground all is well; if I leave my plane and jump into another one, I don't have control of that plane until I LeavePlane again. At this point I don't have control of the avatar on the ground and can only watch from the cockpit as it runs away until it falls flat on its face on the ground (or, as in the pictures above, they run away!).

ha! same here! it actually seems to be a bug and not a mistake of mine...
When all else fails: read the instructions!

FNRennier

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 03:30:19 PM »

Should I delete the previous version (VisualMOD8) to install "Visual v9", is this correct?  :-\
=FN=Rennier

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 03:53:10 PM »

Should I delete the previous version (VisualMOD8) to install "Visual v9", is this correct?  :-\

Sure

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 03:57:45 PM »

Something I've noticed - and this goes along with the screen shots and happens only online: If I leave my plane then go back to it on the ground all is well; if I leave my plane and jump into another one, I don't have control of that plane until I LeavePlane again. At this point I don't have control of the avatar on the ground and can only watch from the cockpit as it runs away until it falls flat on its face on the ground (or, as in the pictures above, they run away!).

ha! same here! it actually seems to be a bug and not a mistake of mine...

People,
                      the walking pilot doesn't exist as an actor in any Il-2 server, and the way you retake control is an off-line version of the code used by the game for taking a cockpit On-Line, but not the same.

So: expect all sort of weird, strange, odd and abnormal behaviours on-line. I cannot say anything about that.

The next review what I will do is somethign I realize should have been made before, which is an explicit check if the mission is off-line before leaving a plane.

Regards,
                     Pablo

Plowshare

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 06:25:23 PM »

The next review what I will do is somethign I realize should have been made before, which is an explicit check if the mission is off-line before leaving a plane.

Pablo:

May I make a suggestion? Let the mod sit as it is for the moment. The reason I say this that I've got a work-around for getting into another plane during online play.

I thought about "stealing" an enemy plane so I set up a mission with a Bf-109 on an enemy airfield - no defenses or anything just the plane. I set it for taxi-to-take off and gave it a thirty minute delay. I then bellied in with my Mustang, used the LeavePlane, scampered over to the 109 and jumped in. Now, here's the trick:

When you first jump into a plane like this you have no control because it's set for autopilot. Since there is no autopilot control in online play you immediately LeavePlane again (the avatar will run away but leave you looking out the cockpit - see my comments above). At that moment you have control of the plane. An F2 view will show an empty cockpit but this is a compromise.

This work-around is a one-time shot - you cannot leave this plane and have control of your avatar again. In fact, the only way to leave the plane is to bail out. If the plane you have taken over gets shot down and you don't bail out you will get killed.

Now, my next tests will involve taking my Mustang up, shooting something down, taking over the 109 and shooting down what used to be my squadron mates. I'm wondering what my score will be?

Bob

Dinga

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 07:07:06 PM »

Just tried this new number 9 version and its working much better.I can now climb back into my first plane and sit inside the cockpit.
No more game freezes either :)

Thankyou Benitomuso for all your great mods.

Alex840

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 08:18:01 PM »

Many thanks for the last edit benitomuso. Huge missions will be not a painful delay anymore!    ;D

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 10:27:03 PM »

I know this isn't supposed to be for online play but I'd like to be able to use it anyway.

it's this kind of comment that makes me shake my head in amusement/dismay.
sorry to single out your comment, Bob, but it's a shining example of a lot of the recent \bug reports', and i couldn't ignore the opportunity to highlight this sort of thing.
i mean, really?
would you call your car dealer, and say ' i know the car's not designed to go underwater, but i'd like to try anyway....and oops, now it's not working anymore.
crikey.  :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2014, 12:57:56 AM »

...not to mention the damage caused to the server where you try this online.
Whenever you try an "offline only" mod on an online server, you can expect to flood the server's error log with hundreds of error messages per second.
It's a simple calculation.
Each stacktrace takes about 10 lines in the error log at least.
An offline mod will create at least one stacktrace per tick, that's 10 lines every 30ms.
That's 20000 error log entries per minute. At least.
"At least" here means that in average the stacktrace easily reaches 20 lines per entry and you can expect to have something like 10 errors logged per tick.
That's 400.000 error log entries per minute then. Does that ring a bell for the "I know it won't work but I thought I'd try nevertheless" users?

Having said that, let me announce that anyone who thinks it'd be clever to use this mod on an SAS server will earn himself a lifetime Name+IP ban.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

norman

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 06:40:25 AM »

Hi I must have  the Joystick to controll pilot when I leave plane?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 25 queries.