Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chaco War Mod Pack  (Read 7918 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Chaco War Mod Pack
« on: August 30, 2014, 01:56:17 AM »

As I am now in the process of switching fully from 4.10 to modded 4.12 I am doing a bit of a "spring-cleaning" of my hard-drive, completing and posting a number of WIP's for 4.10 that has been lying idle there for some time. First out is this simple mod pack for the Chaco War. (I think you all know my interest in the period between the World Wars.) All the various components of this pack have been dispersed here and there (and not taken on board "CUP", for pretty understandable reasons, at least not yet), some a bit hard to get, so my thought has just been to just put them all together, in a completely new, stand-alone pack:

It is supposed to go on top of a clean install of the MOD pack DBW (“Dark Blue World”), 1.71, and activated through JSGME.

Now updated to version 1.2!

You can download it here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=manage&edit=2025

The pack contains the following material:

*   Curtiss Osprey by Tedeschene, Epervier & RealDarko

*   Curtiss F11C Goshawk by Skipper & RealDarko

*   Fiat CR.20 by Giotto & DreamK

*   Breguet XIX by DreamK

*   Bulldog II by DreamK

*   Junkers Ju-52 Transport by Godzyla & F22-Raptor

*   Potez 25 by DreamK

*   PWS-10 by Loku

*   Savoia-Marchetti SM.62, by Giotto

*   Junkers F13, by Skipper

*   De Havilland DH.89 “Dragon Rapide”, by Suka

*      Lockheed Vega, by Giotto
(new in v.1.1)

Plus this:

*   Agraciers Chaco Map, with some modifications by me
*   43 skins, by Archie (many!) Agracier, Mission Bug (special thanks!), Imme, WTE_Galway and MadToc2006.
*   Mission folders for Bolivia (BO) and Paraguay (PA), by Cracken
*   Menu music for Bolivia and Paraguay by Cracken
*   Command & Control Mod by CY6
*   Ground Attack Mod by CY6
*   Mortar Mod by CY6
*   New vehicles (mainly horse-drawn) by Epervier
*   Moving Cavalry Mod by Skipper
*   New stationary aircraft by Epervier
*   No Radio Chatter Mod by Marcost
*   Three new vehicle/troops columns by me
*   Moving windsocks by Western 0221 (new in v1.1)
*   Birds & Chimney Smokes effects by Stuka_40 (new in v1.1)
*   Grass mod by Ranwers (new in v1.1)
*   Realistic AA artillery mod by Zloy Petruskoy (new in v1.1)
*   Increased time compression mod by CY6 (new in v1.1)
*   A new standard sky texture by VP_media (new in v1.1)

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL INVOLVED MODDERS!

As mentioned this mod pack is supposed to go on top of a clean DBW 1.71 installation, and activated via JSGME. I also recommend that in JSGME you also activate the "Forgotten Countries Full" Mod, so you can get Bolivian and Paraguayan aircraft markings.

Yes, I have built a Chaco War campaign for this mod pack. See here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2040 And I hope to post another one in a not too distant future...  ;)

Thanks for looking!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
Re: Chaco War Mod Pack
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 03:31:34 AM »

Thanks Greatly Mr. Poltava,

I have been looking for an interesting fly between map making  :D ;)

Your list of aircraft looks interesting too.

Cheers

Kirby

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 03:53:12 AM »

Well, hope you enjoy it. The people behind the material are the ones to thank. Many of these aircraft - and the map - has been somewhat underutilized IMHO, and this pack is also to give them a "second chance"  ;)

Most aircraft in the pack are the exact types that were used in the Chaco War, but the following are stand-ins (and pretty good ones at that):

The Bulldog II is a stand-in for the Vickers Type 143 - almost a dead ringer!
The PSW.10 is a stand-in for the Wibault 73 - pretty close, I think.
The Savoia Marchetti S.62 is a stand-in for the Macchi M.18 - too many MG's, but otherwise pretty close.

You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 11:42:51 AM »

I can't completely let go of this period and of DBW 1.71.  ;) So now this Mod Pack has been updated, to version 1.1, adding one more aircraft and six additional mods.

More info here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2025

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 03:56:09 PM »

Believe it or not, the Chaco War Mod Pack has been updated once more, now adding two more aircraft, namely:

*      the Nakajima A2N, by Giotto (new in v1.2) – stand-in for Hawk II

*   and the Macchi 5 seaplane, by Skipper (new in v1.2)

Also added are seven more skins, courtesy of Agracier and Capitan Diavolo. It was Capitan Diavolo that inspired me to do this update, with his very nice Bolivian skin pack, that can be found here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,47754.0.html

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 04:46:52 AM »

Thanks, Poltava !

Personnally, I have merged the Chaco War mod pack with the SCW pack (quite the same period, same planes in common...). It also had the Sino-Japanese war and the Winter War too...

In your update, there are just these 2 planes new, or any other mod ?

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 02:00:32 PM »

Gaston,

no, version 1.2 contains just these two extra aircraft - but they are good ones  :P

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 01:43:05 AM »

Believe it or not, but this old mod DBW/4.10 pack I've made for the Chaco War is still alive: just updated it to version 1.4 - Zflyers Curtiss F8c4 just entered the fray!

More details here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2025

When it comes to my old favourite subject, the Spanish Civil War, I hope to transist to BAT eventually, but as many of the key aircraft used in this less well-known Thirties war in South America are not available in BAT/TGA, but as I have a couple of more Chaco War Campaigns in the pipeline, I've decided to keep the "Chaco War Mod Pack" alive just a little longer!

Thanks for looking  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 29 queries.