Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Map of Poland 1939  (Read 68651 times)

Airbourne

• Nil Desperandum
Re: Map of Poland 1939
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2015, 11:33:59 AM »

Well done. I have your map and enjoy flying it greatly.

PIAJR

« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2015, 09:50:36 AM »

Today I noticed some, im my opinion major, problem. I can find on your map Zgierz, Aleksandrow Lodzki, and many others, but... there are no small villages - but it's not so much big problem. More important is that you forget about... Pabianice, rather big city south from Lodz ;)

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2015, 10:38:37 AM »

Today I noticed some, im my opinion major, problem. I can find on your map Zgierz, Aleksandrow Lodzki, and many others, but... there are no small villages - but it's not so much big problem. More important is that you forget about... Pabianice, rather big city south from Lodz ;)
You are quite right, mea culpa.
 Zgierz and Aleksandrow Lodzki were added upon the request of local inhabitant, if you remind the Pabianice then, I would add this city. As you can imagine, the manual adding of all the cities is the way full of possible errors, number of small villages is enormous.
There are other several mistakes: for example, the map 1939 does not contain Poznan fortresses, important in "kampanija wrziesniowa". They were added, however , to 1944 and 1945 map.
Perhaps sometime somebody will upgrade the Poland 1939 map ?

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2016, 10:59:04 AM »

Thank you very much for this map Uzin!  :)

It was much needed IMHO!  :)

I've recently made the DGen_mod dat files for this map and I found a few minor mismatches, I can post some screenshots here if you are interested.
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2016, 12:32:37 PM »

I've recently made the DGen_mod dat files for this map and I found a few minor mismatches, I can post some screenshots here if you are interested.
You are welcome !
Please, send your screenshots, it might be useful to anybody who wants to rework the map.
Sorry, it's not me in the near future, being engaged elsewhere.
Nobody is perfect, LOL.

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2016, 01:09:35 PM »

FYI interesting early battle involving 1 LSSAH was at Pabianice 7 Sept 1939.

"Battle was fought between Polish 15 and 72 Infantry Regiments from 28 Infantry Division and German SS-Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler, 17. Infanterie Division and I./Panzer-Regiment 23.

Pabianice itself was defended by 15 Infantry Regiment - and was successfully defended (Germans managed to reach the centre of the town but were repulsed by Polish counterattack - suffering heavy casualties, especially in AFVs).

Later that day Polish 2 Infantry Division - which was fighting south of 28 Infantry Division and was under heavy enemy pressure near the town Konstantynow - had to retreat, and exposed the southern flank of 28 Infantry Division.

German forces rushed in this gap and outflanked the Polish division. 72 Infantry Regiment was forced to counterattack near village Chech?o Pierwsze and temporarily repulsed German forces recapturing the village, but later they counterattacked and defeated the regiment, which suffered very heavy casualties.

As the result of these events commander of the division had to order 15. IR to retreat from Pabianice in the late evening on 07.09.1939 to avoid being encircled.

Division regrouped and occupied another defensive line near Wola Cyrusowa. The battle of Wola Cyrusowa lasted for the whole day on 8th of September 1939. All German attacks near Wola Cyrusowa were repulsed.

On 9 IX 28. Infantry Division was ordered by general Wiktor Thommee to stop the battle near Wola Cyrusowa and retreat behind the river Rawka. On 10.09.1939 it was ordered to retreat towards Warsaw via Grodzisk Mazowiecki and Pruszkow. It couldn't get to Warsaw because Germans had already cut-off its way to Warsaw and it didn't manage to break through, so on 13 IX it was ordered to retreat towards Fortress Modlin (as all forces under command of general Thommee) and units of the division reached Modlin between 14 IX (2/3 of the division) and 19 IX (1/3 of the division).

Division was defending the fortress until 29 IX and surrendered on 29.09.1939 after the capitulation of Modlin."

Kopfdorfer

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2016, 07:28:52 AM »

Hi,
Pabianice are, together with Posen fortresses and some glicks in SE edge, in the list of needed repairs some time in the future, perhaps after Yugoslavia. What about improving field textures in cyberolas style ?
Any other remarks on improvement of the map would be welcome. either publicly here or in PM.
But be patient, please, it will take more than 2 weeks, LOL.

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2016, 08:07:36 AM »

Uzin, upgrading to the use of Smolensk textures would look great.  Map_T would maybe need to be re-worked to make a better combination of different textures and reduce the tiling effect of just one texture.  Difficult but possible in large open spaces of a map.  We'll wait for it.  Continue with your good work.

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2016, 05:04:07 AM »

Hi

Ok here's a few minor mismatches that I've found so far:

Wrong place names: (German names in Germany and polish in Poland)
Olesnice: German name: Oels

Some airfield that were in use in 1939 are missing on Poland 1939 map:
German airfield: Neudorf, Oels, Juliusburg
Polish airfields: Dzierznica, Szpondowo, Ulez, ,Widzew-Ksawerow, Zielonka

Bridge east Krakow to short for that river:

Misplaced bridge east Lublin:

Misplaced bridge east Neisse:

Slightly misplaced bridge Lodz:

Slightly misplaced bridge north Gleiwitz:

Trees in some rivers and lakes. Example: Lake north Konin:

Some small villages don't have any houses:

All of these are of course of minor importance, it's a great map as it is  :).

Cheers

vonOben
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2016, 07:45:48 AM »

Hi, vonOben,
many thanks fot your detailed testing.
All  mistakes I shall repair when it cames to RRR of the map.
Sorry you had not test the map earlier.
Any other remarks would be appreciated, both from you or anybody else.
If anybody is not patient he can freely RRR the map, and release it as his/her variant.
As I have mentioned above, RRR will take essentially more than two weeks, Yugoslavia is preferred now.

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2016, 02:23:31 AM »

Hi, vonOben,
many thanks fot your detailed testing.
All  mistakes I shall repair when it cames to RRR of the map.
Hi Uzin

You're welcome.  :)
Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by RRR....  :-[

Cheers

vonOben

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2016, 06:24:00 AM »

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by RRR....  :-[

By RRR I mean, similarly as Cyberolas, Retexturing, Repopulating and overall Rework of the map.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.