Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The Marshall Islands (beta)  (Read 25180 times)

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
Re: The Marshall Islands (beta)
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 04:52:36 PM »

Congrats Dave!

And Thanks.
I'll check it out as soon as I have a chance.

Kopfdorfer

MR_G

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 09:15:30 PM »

Works just fine in 4.12

Already had the 3do's & _Tex in my setup.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 01:33:30 AM »

Mr_G, if you've read through the posts, you'll see that these textures are new, even though there are existing files with similar names...
so, if you did not add the textures from this thread, and are using pre-existing ones, then you aren't seeing this map as it was intended to look....
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Flamer50

• 'Tracers work both ways.'
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2014, 02:52:47 AM »

Has anyone else had trouble? Maybe I should mark this as beta until the kinks are worked out?

Loaded the Marshalls map into my PTO(409ModAct) install, no problems with install or using the map.
Your map looks amazing, I spent a lot of time in the Pacific a long time ago and you realy have
the look of it nailed down.

Congrats on another great map!

Bwf.

'The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.'

panzerkeil

• Woof!
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2014, 03:53:35 AM »

This is a very much needed map in the PTO, and it looks stunning!  Many many thanks.  :)

MR_G

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 05:26:30 AM »

Mr_G, if you've read through the posts, you'll see that these textures are new, even though there are existing files with similar names...
so, if you did not add the textures from this thread, and are using pre-existing ones, then you aren't seeing this map as it was intended to look....

I'll swap out the new for old textures tonight. (and save the old ones)

Plowshare

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 05:54:05 AM »

I'm just wondering here... I'm not much of a detail man but, if these textures are updated and they make this map look the way it's supposed to, does this mean these updated textures make the map(s) they were intended for not look the way they were supposed to?

Please, don't misunderstand me and think I'm criticizing mapmakers but, if you change a texture isn't there some way you can change the name so you're not changing existing textures? What happens if someone makes a new map and changes the textures in this map - it won't look "as it was intended to look...."

Bob

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2014, 06:54:56 AM »

Good question Bob.
Dave: I`m glad the other guys have it running ncie, the shots are superb! :)
May give it another shot later today.

Last day I was so frustrated not having this one I messed around with the Slot map load.inis and accidently found some really cool textures and shallows there (of course Bombs' shallows).

Thanks again.

Cheers

Thorst.

MR_G

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 06:17:12 PM »

I'm just wondering here... I'm not much of a detail man but, if these textures are updated and they make this map look the way it's supposed to, does this mean these updated textures make the map(s) they were intended for not look the way they were supposed to?

Please, don't misunderstand me and think I'm criticizing mapmakers but, if you change a texture isn't there some way you can change the name so you're not changing existing textures? What happens if someone makes a new map and changes the textures in this map - it won't look "as it was intended to look...."

Bob

I'm thinking of altering the name of these TGA's and then altering the LOAD.ini to match the new names.
I'll hold off doing this until I figure out how these new TGA's affect other maps....Maybe they will improve the other maps.

DaveOD06

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 06:26:59 PM »

Everything in "maps/_tex/tooth_pacific_textures/Marshalls/..." Should be new. Anything else are common textures used in my other maps.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2014, 03:09:34 AM »

I can confirm because the only other similar folder present in my _tex before was 'tooth_textures'....

242Sqn_Cat

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2014, 01:11:03 PM »

One small problem: "Month" in the load.ini is set to 2. This gives snow if Conditions are set to Rain/Snow.

:cheers:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 24 queries.