Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Mandrill7 beta Cherkassy / Central Ukraine map now available for d/l  (Read 14784 times)

mandrill

• Modder

https://www.mediafire.com/download/ynswh6cc3zdvk6c/m7_cu01.zip

World War Two - Central Ukraine map.

Thanks to Oknevas for the use of his airfields from the Moscow and Donbas maps.
Thanks to TooBone for his help in locating airfields.

The map uses standard objects from Boomer's objects downloads and also Greif's railway station set. I have uploaded an additional zip for the railway objects at:

https://www.mediafire.com/download/y3yarbzcyo8l9z2/station+equipment.zip

And the oil pipes set is now uploaded at -

https://www.mediafire.com/download/ics061bt1cmcqf0/oil+pipes.zip

I was unable to locate any detailed information in placing and designing airfields. So airfields are generic and placed through using Google Earth. (Actually this produced an interesting pattern with airfields located in certain strategic locations). I am always interested in improving my maps and anyone with more detailed airfield info can always feel free to contact me.

Because the airfields are generic, the map is not specific to any 1 particular period and is equally suitable - or unsuitable - to both 1941 and 1943.

Currently available - Summer and Early Autumn maps.

It is hoped to add late Autumn and Winter (thaw) and Winter (frozen) maps. This will take considerable editing of the actors.static and extra time.

Add to all.ini -

m7_cu01      m7_cu01/load.ini
m7_cu01_fall01      m7_cu01/load_fall01.ini

This file goes in your "maps" folder, which is located in your "mapmods" folder. This in turn is within the folder for whatever mods system your running. For instance, I use Modact and so the mapmods folder is located within the "SAS" folder in my game, along with all my other mods.

This map uses the tile set contained within my existing textures folder, which is available at https://www.mediafire.com/download/hb70gz0u4883s7u/M7_su+textures.zip .

Extra textures needed at - https://www.mediafire.com/download/qsio46gq87h8714/extratextures.zip

Unzip that folder and place it within the _tex folder in your maps folder. (See above).

As always, I am heavily indebted to the support, inspiration and interest of all members of the Il-2 modding community and the on-line resources provided by those people.

Screenshots can be seen in the WiP section thread - https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=33624.0

mandrill

• Modder
Re: Mandrill7 beta Cherkassy / Central Ukraine map now available for d/l
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 07:36:58 AM »

Flying over Dnepropetrovsk.

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 07:38:12 AM »

Another shot of Dnepropetrovsk.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 09:00:05 AM »

Congrats mandrill! Being permanent rookie map manipulator (myself), I love the persistence behind efforts populating and making new maps the gents like you show.
 :)  :D

Cheers

Thorsten

propnut27

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 09:38:38 AM »

Being less than a newbee, It took some time, and careful analysis of the advice graciously provided by the fine folks on this site, to even begin to install some maps successfully into my DBW build 7.1, v410 game. Thanks to all of you who helped.

Now I'm stumped by another set of problems. In some of the new maps large numbers of new objects do not show up on the object lists. Some do appear, some don't. I've put the 3do files in the mapmods/map areas when provided, and made the additions to my static.ini, but it's still a hit and miss situation. 10 objects will appear,15 won't, then five more will and the next 10 won't.

In some maps the readme will say to put them in STD/3do. I don't have a 3do in STD. So I made one and put the map files in. No result. The game still loads, the object #s show up on the Objects list, but no object.

What am I doing wrong?

Gil 

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 10:40:38 AM »

Have you tried using Boomer's packages of objects and his list?

I try to limit myself to the more common object mods to avoid people searching all over for my objects in multiple mod packages.

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 01:04:17 PM »

I couldn't figure out why this map wouldn't open up until I started comparing the load ini's to the textures and I found two errors,one in both load ini's summer and fall.The line AirField0= mandrill7/rom_air_fields_1.tga should read AirField0= mandrill7/rom_air_fields_01.tga and in the texture folder rom_air_fields01 tga texture file should be renamed to rom_air_fields_01.Now both maps work fine and are beautiful thanks mandrill great work. 

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »

Oh shoot!

Thanks, Gumpy. I must have retyped the name of that texture without realizing it, since putting the texture folder online 18 months ago. Actually, the best "fix" is to leave the name in the texture package as it already is - mandrill7/rom_air_fields01.tga. I will upload a new load.ini for both maps with the same name, so the maps will load..............

15 minutes later:

I have uploaded a new d/l package for Central Ukraine with corrected load.ini's and put in the new link in the original post. Thanks for the "save".

Darth_Dooboss

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 03:40:06 PM »

HI mandrill

The summer map its superb, awesome!!!!

But the winter has a problem with "m7_fallforest01" texture...

Thanks for your impressive work!!!

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 03:57:36 PM »

HI mandrill

The summer map its superb, awesome!!!!

But the winter has a problem with "m7_fallforest01" texture...

Thanks for your impressive work!!!

Sorry. I'm really being schooled on this upload.  :(

I've put the missing texture in a supplementary zip file. See in Reply # 12 for corrected download location...

Darth_Dooboss

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 04:25:57 PM »

Sorry...
But another time a file its missing, "MAPS/_Tex/Trees\AutumnbushTL.tga"

Don't worry Mandrill
This things happened...sometimes  :P

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 04:29:44 PM »

This happens to all of us who upload stuff from time to time.
Seen it twice with the mod I made fopr the AgUf ifni version, no problem-we are humans, most of us, I hope-at least. :)
 :)

Chrs
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 27 queries.