Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: "Pearl Harbor - Tokyo" V2.0 release  (Read 139880 times)

Motörhead

• http://forum.aviaskins.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
Re: "Pearl Harbor - Tokyo" V2.0 release
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 07:39:15 AM »

Hello ricnunes!
Campaign created especially for HSFX 7.02, and tested on it. I don't have Modact on my PC, and i never know what is TF-412 (some kind of modpack i think))
Probably problem is, that MODact or TF-412 not have map (or some aircrafts) for this operations. Can you check it in FMB?
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

ricnunes

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2014, 09:09:39 AM »

Well I checked this and I believe that my ModAct5.30+TFM412 install have the vast majority if not all the aircraft and maps needed.

For example I checked the following campaigns:
- Guadalcanal, August 1942
- Guadalcanal, September 1942
- Santa Cruz, October 1942
And I can confirm that I have the maps for all those 3 campaigns.

Regarding aircraft I believe that I also have the needed aircraft even because some campaign such as Marcus 1942, Coral Sea 1942, Midway 1942 or even later campaigns such as Battle of Cape Engano 1944, do generate without problems.

Besides by looking into the Dgen_moderror.log file I get the:
Can't parse message line:
line/error

Baffrah

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 09:40:50 AM »

Hi again, Motorhead,
Thank's for your dedication to this!
The good news, from v1.2 of your campaign, is that now I'm able to generate and play the Coral Sea and Midway campaigns that didn't worked with 1.0 version!
The bad news is that the problems I told you about remained. It's exacly the same as ricnunes's ones, same campaigns than him. I also think that he gots every planes and maps needed from his TFM install (I tried this modpack in his old version, a year ago, and it seemed to be the most complete of all modpacks available. The new version released a few weeks ago is also based on a 4.12 installation). It's the same error that occured from my install (hsfx7.02) and ricnunes's one. "Can't parse message line", from the Msg files I told you about. If I could help you with that problem I would, unfortunatly, even if I tried to look for it this morning, I didn't catch it, as it seems to totally overcomes my poor computering competences...

ricnunes

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2014, 09:51:31 AM »

Yes, I can now confirm that what Baffrah said before seems to be the problem and his fix of renaming the "<campaign_name>MsgEn.dat" files to "<campaign_name>MsgRu.dat" does indeed solve the problem and by doing this for all campaigns that previously didn't generate, I can confirm that those same campaign now generate well!

BTW, thanks very much for your fix Baffrah  ;D

Baffrah

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2014, 10:54:04 AM »

My pleasure, but it's not a really a fix, because by doing that, you won't see any general briefing ingame when starting a campaign you modified the Msg file, and I also guess you won't see the ending briefing after completing it. It's just "disabling" the Msg files, it's not "curing" it. And I also donnot believe that the Msg files are the problem, I've look to them and haven't found any differences between the ones that are working and the ones whose don't. I suppose the problem lies somewhere in another file that "call" the Msg when generating the campaign, but I wasn't able to find how that is working.

Motörhead

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2014, 12:09:24 PM »

Guys, I really don't understand this problem)) In my HSFX 7.02 all campaigns generated succesfully. Maybe we have slightly different HSFX versions?
Do you put files from "files for mod version EN" or "files for no mod version EN" to DGen folder after 2.1 version install?
In any case, tomorrow I talk with Asura about it, maybe he understand something)
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

ricnunes

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2014, 01:58:25 PM »

My pleasure, but it's not a really a fix, because by doing that, you won't see any general briefing ingame when starting a campaign you modified the Msg file, and I also guess you won't see the ending briefing after completing it. It's just "disabling" the Msg files, it's not "curing" it. And I also donnot believe that the Msg files are the problem, I've look to them and haven't found any differences between the ones that are working and the ones whose don't. I suppose the problem lies somewhere in another file that "call" the Msg when generating the campaign, but I wasn't able to find how that is working.

It was only quite recently that I starting looking into editing files (related to campaigns and mods) in IL2 1946 so I'm definitely very far from being an expert.
But I agree with you, what it seems to me is that for some reasons some campaigns aren't calling their "<campaign_name>MsgEn.dat" files (which if I'm not mistaken is where the English version of the campaign briefings are stored) but instead are calling their "<campaign_name>MsgRu.dat" files (which if I'm not mistaken is where the Russian version of the campaign briefings are stored) while other campaign do (call the English version of the Briefing file).
This makes sense since Motörhead is Russian and certainly made his campaigns thinking primarily on the Russian version or probably he uses the Russian version of IL2 and something went wrong when someone uses some his campaigns in the English version of IL2?

ricnunes

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2014, 02:10:32 PM »

Guys, I really don't understand this problem)) In my HSFX 7.02 all campaigns generated succesfully. Maybe we have slightly different HSFX versions?
Do you put files from "files for mod version EN" or "files for no mod version EN" to DGen folder after 2.1 version install?
In any case, tomorrow I talk with Asura about it, maybe he understand something)

Yes, I experimented using the files from "files for mod version EN" and from "files for no mod version EN" and the result were exactly the same!
What it seems to me is that for some reason, some campaigns are calling the "<campaign_name>MsgRu.dat" files instead of the "<campaign_name>MsgEn.dat" files, while other campaigns (the ones that worked without any modification) are probably calling the correct "<campaign_name>MsgEn.dat" files. To confirm this is that fact that when I renamed the "<campaign_name>MsgEn.dat" files from the campaigns that didn't work (for me) to "<campaign_name>MsgRu.dat", those campaigns started to work immediately (at least they generate missions now).

Just for curiosity, is your version of IL2 Russian? If yes, could this have prompted to the problems that I'm (and not only are) experiencing?

BTW, I also have an another question: I started a career (USN - Bomber Pilot) being the first campaign - Kwajalein, Feb. 1942 and I start every mission (at least the first two) in the air.
But I would like to start all my campaign missions taking off from the carrier instead, how can I do this?

Motörhead

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2014, 03:58:19 AM »

Yes, my HSFX 7.02 installed over russian IL-2 version.
Asura advised simple experiment. Install campaign 2.1 version, copy files from "Files for Mod version" or "Files for no Mod version" to DGEn folder, and delete all files, which have "RU" in their name. By default, in this case game must use only english messages.

ricnunes

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2014, 11:05:09 AM »

EDIT: Ok, deleting all the ".....MsgRu.dat" files worked! All campaigns seem generate ok.

But, like I previously posted, I have a problem where I seem to stat every mission is my USN bomber campaign (Kwajalein campaign) in the air, instead on the deck of my carrier. How can I start my campaign missions on the deck instead in the air?
Thanks in advance for replies.

jeanba

• Modder
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2014, 11:09:34 AM »

Well, I'll try that and let you know if that works.

But, like I previously posted, I have a problem where I seem to stat every mission is my USN bomber campaign (Kwajalein campaign) in the air, instead on the deck of my carrier. How can I start my campaign missions on the deck instead in the air?

It reminds me an old bug : if in the plane.db the plane is not described as flyable, it always airstart

ricnunes

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2014, 12:03:11 PM »

Well, I'll try that and let you know if that works.

It reminds me an old bug : if in the plane.db the plane is not described as flyable, it always airstart

Well, that would be quite weird since the aircraft that I'm playing with is the stock SBD-3.

And also, the problems related with the starting position seems to be worse in many missions.
Many of them start in the air and other such as in Bogainville campaign with the USMC (fighter pilot) the player also start from the air and/or the mission where I that start on the ground, all planes including mine simply explode!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 38   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 24 queries.