Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38   Go Down

Author Topic: "Pearl Harbor - Tokyo" V2.0 release  (Read 139681 times)

Motörhead

• http://forum.aviaskins.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
DGenPack 3.0 is released
« Reply #420 on: September 18, 2019, 01:46:06 AM »

Hi Motor

time passages and your campaigns just remain wonderful.

Only problem is: I am not a good pilot, at least as a fighter pilot  :-[ , so I am very very often killed  :( .

Soooo, to better enjoy your campaigns (I love the US navy campaigns) i would need a little help to "reduce" enemy AI skill a bit, is it possible and how ? i would like if I could reduce the enemy AI skill to "average" or "rookie" (I mean one step below from where it is now) and not reducing the enemy number of planes in a mission (I really love above all the historical reconstruction that you were able to do) ...

I see there is the DGENMOD.INI file ... is it there that I can make changes to have enemy AI less skilled ? Or in other files ?

Hello blackshark!
First, there is my DGenMOD.ini, for example. I recommends you to use exactly same settings in yours:

[DGenMOD]
LogLevel=0
LogListOutput=0
MissionDistance=Full
RandomFlights=5
MaxFLAK=10
AirIntensity=Medium
GroundIntensity=Medium
MaxBomberSkill=0
CampaignMissions=Normal
CampaignAI=Normal
CampaignLength=VeryLong
CampaignDifficulty=Normal
SlowFire=50
PromotionRate=1.9
UseParkedPlanes
;Language=English
noWounded
NightBeginW=17
NightEndW=7
NightBeginS=20
NightEndS=4
FriendlyAAASkill=4
FriendlyShipSkill=4
EnemyAAASkill=2
EnemyShipSkill=3
;OldStat

About all settings for dynamic generator, you can look at readme:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/s3o4zhj3nfrr5tx/DGen_UserManual_En.pdf/file
Section "Parameters of the DGen_mod.ini file" at page 5.

There is a more radical way.
Yes, this way can be used too! But its much more complicated, i think))
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

larschance

Re: "Pearl Harbor - Tokyo" V2.0 release
« Reply #421 on: September 18, 2019, 12:53:21 PM »

Hi Motorhead. Appreciate the reply. I know what it is like when real life takes over.
The campaigns I listed were not in my stock Il2 4.12.2 but appeared after I added your Dgen Mod v3.0. I suggest maybe they were in earlier versions of Dgen Mod and were still in your latest download. Just a thought.
I will set the current 255mb Dgen folder with a -sign to disable it then enter your 71mb BETA into an empty Dgen folder.
Am I to understand I dont have to amend any other folders such as #Dgen.

larschance

« Reply #422 on: September 20, 2019, 06:46:06 AM »

Hi Motorhead. After disabling the earlier DGen folders I unpacked your BETA into an empty DGen folder in my stock 4.14.1 set up and the following campaigns are now listed
Finland 3, Germany 9, IJN 2, Romania 1, Slovakia 2, USAAF 1, USMC 1, USSR 15.
Is this now as it should be?

larschance

« Reply #423 on: September 25, 2019, 10:04:08 AM »

Hi Motorhead. I hope life is good and you are well.
I have finally set up the DGen Mod v3.0 with 14.4.1 and started the Germany Western Front Fighter career. It is very immersive with a great map of Europe, so well done on that. I am three missions in (shot down twice!).
1. The internal player cockpit sound problem you know about. I came across another issue re this. In mission 2 when cycling through the various enemy aircraft using F2 some engine sounds okay, some are silent.
2. During the missions a repeated Russian message appears on screen telling me, I believe, the grid map reference and the height of the enemy. Am I to assume this is ground control passing on this information.
3. Does 'Mission Complete' appear in English or Russian. I have not seen it yet.
4. Bowie has been helping me set up and he asked me to tell you he would happy to help with the English translation where necessary.

blackshark

« Reply #424 on: October 12, 2019, 08:25:50 AM »

I have a question about one of the sub-campaigns:

I tried the Japanese "Bomber - Battle of the Philippine Sea 1944" and I think there is something to fix ... the b6n is almost impossibile to be managed in the air ... i tried with aileron, trim etc but is too difficult to stay in the air ... the plane only stay balanced with autopilot ...maybe because of the torpedo that is not in the center of the plane (it's on the right side) ? maybe you can check it if there is a possibility to fix it ?

a great thank you for your campaigns

Motörhead

« Reply #425 on: October 18, 2019, 02:24:02 AM »

Hi Motorhead. After disabling the earlier DGen folders I unpacked your BETA into an empty DGen folder in my stock 4.14.1 set up and the following campaigns are now listed
Finland 3, Germany 9, IJN 2, Romania 1, Slovakia 2, USAAF 1, USMC 1, USSR 15.
Is this now as it should be?

Hello!
I still do not have any Finlandia, Slovakia and Romania campaigns. If you unpacked my beta version into really EMPTY DGen folder, you don't see them. But you see :) Probably, there is something wrong)

1. The internal player cockpit sound problem you know about. I came across another issue re this. In mission 2 when cycling through the various enemy aircraft using F2 some engine sounds okay, some are silent.
Yes, i know, sound is still problem in DGenPACK 3.0. It is not depend on campaign, but Asura works on solution.

2. During the missions a repeated Russian message appears on screen telling me, I believe, the grid map reference and the height of the enemy. Am I to assume this is ground control passing on this information.
3. Does 'Mission Complete' appear in English or Russian. I have not seen it yet.
4. Bowie has been helping me set up and he asked me to tell you he would happy to help with the English translation where necessary.
In your 3.0 root folder you have "il2fb_EN" file. This exe file will launch DGenPACK 3.0 english version. Try to use it.
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

Motörhead

« Reply #426 on: October 18, 2019, 04:00:20 AM »

I tried the Japanese "Bomber - Battle of the Philippine Sea 1944" and I think there is something to fix ... the b6n is almost impossibile to be managed in the air ... i tried with aileron, trim etc but is too difficult to stay in the air ... the plane only stay balanced with autopilot ...maybe because of the torpedo that is not in the center of the plane (it's on the right side) ? maybe you can check it if there is a possibility to fix it ?

Hello blackshark! I dont know much about B6N... Maybe, its "hard to fly" plane in real life? In any case, i cannot change FM, but i tells Asura about it.

larschance

« Reply #427 on: October 18, 2019, 05:33:10 AM »

Hi Motorhead. I am really enjoying your Luftwaffe Westfront campaign. The 109D is a challenge to fly. I was killed 5 times by Hurricanes and then I followed my flight leader who kept low and far away to survive. It was 11 missions before I was able to shoot down a bomber and it wouldn't give me credit as my engine stopped and I had to crashland in France. I cant wait to reequip with the 109E. Lots of fun.
I have used the il2fb_EN file and all text on screen is in English apart from the messages telling me the enemy aircraft height and map reference. Of all the versions of Il2 I fly your maps are the most immersive and a delight to fly especially at low level. Well done.

blackshark

« Reply #428 on: November 05, 2019, 08:04:28 AM »

I have a question about USN campaign.
I noticed that in some (for example Makin) there is no carrier Beacon (YE) at all to find the carrier at thd end of mission for landing.
In others the carrier Beacon is there.
Is that your choice to have it not in all the mission?

I love to search for tha carrier, is there a way to add beacon in the missions where it is missing?

Btw I solved the problem of unmanageable BN52, only way I found is to have torque off in the "difficulty" settings.

Motörhead

Dynamic campaign
« Reply #429 on: November 14, 2019, 03:45:16 PM »

Hi Motorhead. I am really enjoying your Luftwaffe Westfront campaign. The 109D is a challenge to fly. I was killed 5 times by Hurricanes and then I followed my flight leader who kept low and far away to survive. It was 11 missions before I was able to shoot down a bomber and it wouldn't give me credit as my engine stopped and I had to crashland in France. I cant wait to reequip with the 109E. Lots of fun.
I have used the il2fb_EN file and all text on screen is in English apart from the messages telling me the enemy aircraft height and map reference. Of all the versions of Il2 I fly your maps are the most immersive and a delight to fly especially at low level. Well done.
Hello larschance! Yes, Bf-109D is easy target for Hurricane, i remember this, when i fly my own campaign in Hurricane) However, you will fly at "D" not so long - just until March of 1940. Thanks for info about these russian messages. It comin from "command and control' mod, just like guidance by radio messages for pilot from ground control. I will check this.

I have a question about USN campaign.
I noticed that in some (for example Makin) there is no carrier Beacon (YE) at all to find the carrier at thd end of mission for landing.
In others the carrier Beacon is there.
Is that your choice to have it not in all the mission?

I love to search for tha carrier, is there a way to add beacon in the missions where it is missing?

Btw I solved the problem of unmanageable BN52, only way I found is to have torque off in the "difficulty" settings.

Hello blackshark!
Probably there is some kind of bug in campaign. All USN carriers must have radio beacons, which gives you direction to your flight deck using Morse code. I never seen error like this before. Can you send me mission file with this issue?

larschance

« Reply #430 on: November 15, 2019, 12:10:09 PM »

Hi Motorhead. I hope all is well with you. I have managed to get 6 kills with 109D so far, up to December 1939, all bombers. Killed by Hurricanes 8 times! lol
As a change I started the Luftwaffe Southern Front career but the first screen explodes the 109F4 so I will continue the Western Front for now. Thought you might like to know.

Motörhead

« Reply #431 on: November 17, 2019, 01:55:38 AM »

Sorry, i dont understand. Your plane explode on the runway immediately after mission start, is it correct?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 26 queries.