Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: "Pearl Harbor - Tokyo" V2.0 release  (Read 139859 times)

Scacco 1

Re: "Pearl Harbor - Tokyo" V2.0 release
« Reply #336 on: February 12, 2018, 11:49:19 AM »

Great!

Thanks for the info....

I'm downloading the update from 2.01 to 2.1 but I'll wait for the INT fix and the english manual anyway....

BTW ATM I'm collecting materials for build my WWI campaign....but I have noticed from the study of the schedule section of many campaigns that usually builders davelop very short sub-campaigns....is that a feature that I must to take in cosideration when I plan the lenght of my work or I can build longer sub-campaigns?

Thanks again for the info and for your help!

Motörhead

• http://forum.aviaskins.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
« Reply #337 on: February 15, 2018, 04:35:16 AM »

I'm downloading the update from 2.01 to 2.1 but I'll wait for the INT fix and the english manual anyway....
This work is in progress, and fix will be released probably on the next week.

but I have noticed from the study of the schedule section of many campaigns that usually builders davelop very short sub-campaigns....is that a feature that I must to take in cosideration when I plan the lenght of my work or I can build longer sub-campaigns?

As campaign builder, you can made subcampaigns (operations) any length you want. There's no rules. I can tell you, from pllayer's view, it is preferable to do short subcampaigns, its easy to play, when gameplay switch from one map/aircraft to another, its add more fun to campaign. But short subcampaigns not always realistic and historically correct. Sometimes, to do realistic campaign, you must use many missions, 40-50 for example. Its hard to play, but this is realistic.
In my campaigns used both short (just 1 mission - 2-3 missions) and long (30-40 missions) subcampaigns. So, you decide how to do in yours.
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

Scacco 1

« Reply #338 on: February 16, 2018, 04:09:16 PM »

Thanks for the notice about the 2.1 update....I really look farward to it!

About subcampaigns lenght actually I have those milestone:

1) Very small frontlines movements
2) Splitting the subcampaigns in relation to offensive actions and new planes introduction date
3) As the lenght of the mission schedule can be shortened from the final users I plan to add almost historical number of mission starting from 20/10/14 end of the Race to Sea up to the last day of war on 10/11/18

ATM I'm collecting information about WWI air warfare....as most of the source are scarce of precise information , OOB and rlevant operation I plan to build a semi-historical campaign....

As I got all the information I'll open the tread starting with the first step: Western Front map update!

Motörhead

Update 27.02.2018 - Bombing of Kure
« Reply #339 on: February 27, 2018, 03:20:05 AM »

Greetings!

Since DGENpack 2.1 update was released, i continue work on new Pacific camapign features. In one or two week fix for DGENpack will be released, with this new features. Well, whats new? Please, read this small article on Wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Kure_(July_1945)

This new operation in US Navy carrier fighter/dive bomber/torpedo bomber will gives player a unique possibility to attack stationary carrier anchored at port. For the first time in dynamic and probably in static too ;) campaigns, your target is not moving carrier in open sea. Also, there are not just one carrier, but few different static carriers. Battleships, cruisers and other ships in Kure presented too))

One more exclusive feature: stationary carriers in Kure use difficult damage model of moving ships, not this primitive DM of stationary ships with just two states: alive or sunk.

Here you can see peaceful view of Kure before the attack:

Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

Motörhead

« Reply #340 on: February 27, 2018, 03:23:20 AM »

And now, navy planes arrive to sweep air space over Kure:

Ship and ground flak batteries open fire. According to wikipedia, US navy lose over 100 planes at Kure due to ground fire.

Motörhead

« Reply #341 on: February 27, 2018, 03:25:59 AM »

Dive bombers arrives to Kure and attack begins!

blackshark

« Reply #342 on: March 28, 2018, 01:27:43 PM »

Hello pilots!
Well, DGENpack update 2.1 is released few days ago. So, all new campaigns, operations and other features we talking about in this topic previously, is available now!
You can download it here:
http://forum.aviaskins.com/showthread.php?t=4386
All links is in first message.
I am still working on new campaigns ;)

Hi Motor, in the past i helped you with some tests, now my family leaves me not much time, so may I ask you for a check for my updating from 2.01 to 2.1 international ?

i google-translated from russian, so it should be like that:
1) download DGenPack_2_1_UPD (21 files 10gb)
2) download DGenPack_2_1_INT.exe
3) in the main directory delete: ! AircraftSelector; #DGEN; DGen;
4) in the directory SFS_DGEN, delete all these files:  DGEN_PLANE_xx.SFS and DGEN_PLANEex_xx.SFS (79 files). 
5) run DGenPack_2_1_UPD.part01.exe pointing to my 2.01 install main directory+overwrite all
6) run DGenPack_2_1_INT.exe pointing to my 2.01 main directory+overwrite all
is that everything I need to do ?
should I also apply the following hotfix, is it right ?
7) all_cls.txt: this file must be put in \! AircraftSelector \ DATA with replacement.

is there anything else i forgot ?

and to have the campaign/mission/briefing in english should i do anything else or it should work fine without any other change ? because I read in the thread about a "fix" for international version but it's not clear to me if it has already "fixed" or not and how

btw, in the past i tried your excellent campaigns, and looking above, the new should be even better  ]hello2[

thank you

Motörhead

Pearl Harbor - Tokyo
« Reply #343 on: April 10, 2018, 05:56:38 AM »

Hi Motor, in the past i helped you with some tests, now my family leaves me not much time, so may I ask you for a check for my updating from 2.01 to 2.1 international ?
is there anything else i forgot ?
Yes, this installation is correct. Also, sorry for late answer. Reason is the same - now i have family too) it leaves me not enough time for IL-2))

and to have the campaign/mission/briefing in english should i do anything else or it should work fine without any other change ? because I read in the thread about a "fix" for international version but it's not clear to me if it has already "fixed" or not and how
If you have briefings in russian at this moment, probably, Asura is not fixed this problem, and it still WIP.

btw, in the past i tried your excellent campaigns, and looking above, the new should be even better  ]hello2[
thank you
Sure, i will continue campaign works!

By the way, there is DGenPACK UserManual english version for 2.1:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bhl7c99106baikb/Motorhead_DGenPACK_UserManual_En_2.1.pdf
I hope it will be useful for you!

blackshark

« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2018, 08:15:48 AM »

I have a question about "sound volume" of plane guns from inside the cockpit ... I noticed that while for some planes the sound is almost fine (but lower than what I was used to) for some planes it's very low ... the F6F guns are almost muted from inside the cockpit ...
Maybe in RL they were like that but the weapon sound is a plus for my taste.

I am not expert in mods, so may you please tell  if you use a special soundmod ?

BTW yesterday a made the first mission of UK spitfire blietzkrieg 1940 and looking at the recorded track (ntrk) my plane (that of the player) had engine sound, but most of the other, friends or enemies, do not have any engine sound ... is there anything I should do ?

Motörhead

« Reply #345 on: May 18, 2018, 04:59:43 AM »

At this moment, in current version of DGENpack, we have large scale trouble with sound in any aspects (guns, engine, damage, etc). Some of ground objects sounds is not worked well too. This trouble is not depend of campaign in any case. It is trouble with DGENpack IL-2 game engine. Asura works on this, repairing sounds for any aircraft. But this is VERY large piece of work, and it will be completed not so fast, as we wish). Now US airplanes is under repair. Just wait and see.

blackshark

« Reply #346 on: June 06, 2018, 07:10:14 AM »

Hi, thank you for your answer. I will wait for Dgenpack sounds ... for the moment I solved the problems installing Victor's Sound Mod in My_presets  and My_samples so I have all the sounds (planes etc). Then, when they will be fixed and available, I will go back to Dgenpack original sounds.

Now, i want to ask you for a problem I have with your USMC campaigns in DGENpack.

I am making tests to improve my graphics settings in DGENmodpack and I use the same settings that work well in other installations i have: VPmodpack, HSFX (only for your "old" USN campaigns) and DBW. With my "quality" settings (IL2 conf.ini, GTX 1050 3d settings and sweetfx) I have 60fps and just a few times maybe around 30 (for  2-3 seconds when a there is a lot of smoke).

Those settings work very well with some  of your DGENpack campaigns too, but I have a big drop in fps in at least two of your campaign:

The first, second and fifth work fine.
But the two USMC (the third and fourth:okinawa and bouganville with corsair) have a big fps drop from the beginning (planes still on the strip before takeoff) of the mission; for this two, in the first mission I have  around 10-20 fps, never more then 30) so they are unplayable with my settings).
So do you think there is something i can do ? i already tried reducing my quality for them (with no antialiasing and other optimization) but no way to increase fps ....

I have two others short questions:

1) I tried the "VF-3 FELIX THE CAT US Navy Fighter CAG-36" - sub "Markus Raid", F6F first mission, but i am not able to takeoff in any way, tried with catapult but no way ... maybe the plane is too heavy with bombs ? what could I do ?
EDIT: maybe I found a solution, i changed catapultpower from 10 to 25 in catapult.ini and it works ... or there is a better solution ? I have to say that I played the same mission in HSFX (yeah I have your old version for HSFX too  ;)) and there are no problems in HSFX.   I have to say that my feeeling is that in the DgenPack also for normal takeoff without bombs (like in Markin Raid) the F6F runs to slow on the carrier deck ...

2) Almost all the campaigns names and mission briefings are in english but may be you can help me to correct the one in this picture (VB5 Red Devils) still in russian ?

thank you for your work and your time

Motörhead

« Reply #347 on: June 19, 2018, 01:22:11 AM »

Hello blackshark!

Now, i want to ask you for a problem I have with your USMC campaigns in DGENpack.

I am making tests to improve my graphics settings in DGENmodpack and I use the same settings that work well in other installations i have: VPmodpack, HSFX (only for your "old" USN campaigns) and DBW. With my "quality" settings (IL2 conf.ini, GTX 1050 3d settings and sweetfx) I have 60fps and just a few times maybe around 30 (for  2-3 seconds when a there is a lot of smoke).

Those settings work very well with some  of your DGENpack campaigns too, but I have a big drop in fps in at least two of your campaign:

Do you use DGENpack aircraft selector possibilities? I mean, your game switched to "Pacific 1941-1945" setting? This must be done, to get higher FPS.

1) I tried the "VF-3 FELIX THE CAT US Navy Fighter CAG-36" - sub "Markus Raid", F6F first mission, but i am not able to takeoff in any way, tried with catapult but no way ... maybe the plane is too heavy with bombs ? what could I do ?
EDIT: maybe I found a solution, i changed catapultpower from 10 to 25 in catapult.ini and it works ... or there is a better solution ? I have to say that I played the same mission in HSFX (yeah I have your old version for HSFX too  ;)) and there are no problems in HSFX.   I have to say that my feeeling is that in the DgenPack also for normal takeoff without bombs (like in Markin Raid) the F6F runs to slow on the carrier deck ...

Really, i don't know about this issue. In my DGENpack F6F's from VF-3 take off in Markus raid with bombs and rockets, using catapult, and they do not fall in the water.

2) Almost all the campaigns names and mission briefings are in english but may be you can help me to correct the one in this picture (VB5 Red Devils) still in russian ?

There is content of "campaignsUNVB5.dat":

"* VB-5 "Red Devils" US Navy Dive Bomber, CAG-5.
Dynamic campaign for US Navy Air Group 5 dive bomber pilot in the Pacific, based on USS Yorktown CV-5, USS Yorktown CV-10 and USS Franklin CV-13.\n\nDuring first months of WWII, VB-5 «Red Devils» based on USS Yorktown plays important role in early US Navy engagements. Squadron’s dive bombers attack Marshall Islands on February 1, Lae and Salamaua on March 10 and Tulagi on May 4. In the Battle of the Coral Sea, VB-5 planes under command of Lieutenant Wallace C. Short scored hits on japs carriers Shoho and Shokaku. Later in the battle, when Yorktown was heavily damaged on May 8, remaining planes of VB-5 was divided between Enterprise and Hornet Air Groups, when pilots returned to US.\n\nSecond tour of duty for VB-5 was on new Essex type carrier CV-10, named «Yorktown» for its famous predecessor. In this cruise squadron attack Marcus, Wake, and other Japanese bases in the Pacific. Squadron supports amphibious landings on Tarawa and Kwajalein in November 1943 - January 1944. VB-5 returned to US in May 1944.\n\nReformed and reequipped with new SB2C «Helldiver» VB-5 begin its last combat cruise in March 1945 aboard USS Franklin CV-13. When carrier was heavily damaged by dive bomber on March 19, squadron never returned to combat missions."

You can download it here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jnuj7gv6qeh76k1/campaignsUNVB5.rar/file

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 38   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 26 queries.