Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: They are full of Chet.  (Read 13728 times)

Dakpilot

Re: They are full of Chet.
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2014, 07:47:15 AM »

@ Typhoon 1b

"It seems to dawn on me the long term intentions are not to have a complete world and set of planes, objects and vehiecles - not to have working tools available to the community for mission and campaign creation.

I gather that the aim of the Devteam is to retain as much control on the subject as possible,
to control whats happening ON and Offline.
Missions only released by the Devteam.
Online event subjects controlled by the Devteam.
No dedicated Servers for the willing community to set up. Finito the online war schemes. No online racing, none of that stuff. no IP to IP connection.
No way to exchange skins while flying online, not even part of it - "alpha chanel scare" "

So much inaccurate mis info I don't even know where to start  ;)

What can be done in RoF now will be available in BoS, plus with the (much) larger audience that WWII will bring, there is much more scope for further development, anyway it is not my job to try and change your mind, but wait for full release before voicing your opinions as fact  8)

Cheers Dakpilot

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2014, 02:52:01 PM »

hey i never said i know the truth.
the public is not sposed to know... eh?
i think i made it quite clear that these are my impressions.
and these go a bit beyond the version number pre or post 1.0.

input leads to output.
the input i find at the launcher GUI "more news on the forum" are discouraging, and that is what i base my opinion/output off.
Other input is not considered, because its a mess to digest. "banana forums"
Collecting dislikes since December '82.

Dakpilot

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2014, 06:24:30 AM »

No worries Typhoon, the website is a mess at the moment with info scattered all over the place, once the early access period is over and it gets well through the Beta phase I think we can all have a bitch about what the final product looks like :)

However as of now my (very personal) opinion is a Very positive one! only time will tell, and I have to say I have really enjoyed the early access phase watching it develop.

just one little bit of info that gets lost in the site  ;) http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/7675-objective-based-mp/?p=136038  post #15

Cheers Dakpilot

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2014, 03:10:24 AM »

That right there sounds encouraging.
to say the least.

A) they understood the want and need
b) this software is an investment. into future expansions?
c) conflicts with the info of the FMB being a messy piece //and probably being non-public?

They need to gather their behind the scenes talk into one place.
Then the picture becomes clearer, and the outlook brighter. (potentially.)

Coder geeks have never been known for good communications skills.
maybe this applies here somewhat.
Collecting dislikes since December '82.

norm

• I came, I saw, I lost my keys.
  • penut butter on rasin bread makes a tasty sandwich
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2014, 09:37:32 AM »

Coder geeks have never been known for good communications skills.
maybe this applies here somewhat.
That, and some poor translations have lead to misunderstandings before.

LuseKofte

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2014, 02:05:54 PM »

The whole problem is US, the users, flight simmers the serious guys call themselves, gamers they say about the less talented, those who fly Warthunder and now bos.
Before the snobbery belonged to the high almighty non mod users in IL 2.
Banana forums and m4t was full of them, they are mostly moved to clod in my experience, a real treat of successful simulator elite witch opinions are regarded as the law of the nature.
When you publish a ALPHA , these people will look at it as a competitive simulator, so the first thing they do is degrade it to a "game" secondly they patronize everyone that dear being fair in their review, and call those gamers.
The trick of being like this is to ignore most of the information and constantly misread any clarification on the matter.

Well I am disappointed too, mostly the reduction on HOTAS control witch seems to be reduced at every update, but the true trolls are still not reading the news or still ignore the information. They still nagging about roll rate and these other old news, since they, well not in favor of reading.

But they manage to do one thing, actually it is the one thing they did against IL2 years ago, they manage to not see the potential to recruit more sim pilots, they manage to split and push away those active pilots .
I really do not care for roll rate, I wish they fixed it, but that is the very least problem the sim community got. We really incapable of accepting any new sim no matter what it is

Ibis

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2014, 01:45:17 AM »

Their new FW190 is now flyable for early access which I have, I took one look at the cockpit and closed the game down.

In my opinion IL2 has better cockpits and C.O.D. cockpits kick it out of the room, admittedly C.O.D. hasn't a 190 yet but it's
coming and the countryside in C.O.D. is miles in front of any sim I've seen so far.
        We still fly IL2 and have lately been flying C.O.D. and are greatly impressed by the improvements made by Team Fusion,
It is far, far better than it was. New maps, a few new planes, and the mission builder tidied up would make it worthy successor of IL2.

Don't forget it took more than a decade to get IL2 to where it is today.

cheers,
   Ibis.
oops spelling errors.

'MadDog'

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2014, 03:37:19 AM »

Let's not fool ourselves here, CloD development proceeds at a snail's place for the simple reason that the original crew threw it in the bin and the current crew are all part-time amateur developers doing it out of passion. Over the next few years there may well be a few new cockpits including the Wellington but nothing else has been revealed as for definite. New maps will take an eternity, there may be a Malta map this year if we are lucky.

On the down side is the fact that what we have in CloD is graphically dumbed down to what the original sim had,especially in terms of damage modelling and animation. So much was stripped out, or switched off, for the sake of improving performance for the 'vocal community' and now Team Fusion is limited to reverse engineering bits and pieces. They are unable to perform major surgery, only first aid.

In terms of flight modelling I think that BoS is well ahead of CloD. In order to be able to run well on the average flight simmer's pc they have made graphical cutbacks and compromises but there is a great level of detail in the cockpit nevertheless. Compatibility with the Rift is well on track and this will be a major boost to the sim's success I am sure. All this and the Early Access version is only at 60%.

In terms of continuity, BoS will turn out to be the successor to the original Il2 and CloD will be remembered as a fanciful adventure that didn't make it. It will peter out as the years roll on and the community I think will focus more on the development of the family of sims from 1G/777. Cliffs of Dover burst onto the scene three years ago and has had it's glorious summer. Much like the historic air battle it will now carry on as the odd skirmish until the participants get posted to new theatres of operations far away. Oh, those halcyon days of summer! :)

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2014, 09:57:12 AM »

Jesus christ you have one hell of a magic 8 ball, or you just enjoy flights of speculation.

'MadDog'

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2014, 10:26:28 AM »

As my view is as valid as any other and I am a member of this forum then this is an appropriate place to air it. If you don't want to contribute positively then just don't.

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2014, 10:49:59 AM »

I'm positive you've payed much opinion as objective fact.
Simply I suppose I could just say for every point of your post I disagree.
Endstate is that CloD Will be the future, built by modders, in the same fashion that il2 has survived so long.
BOS on the other hand,  look at RoF mods-they ate few and inconsequential. You want a map or a plane?  Pay up.
Not to mention that it just feels better, SB is just flat to me. No feeling or immersion at all.
Thank god for CloD and DCS.

Dakpilot

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2014, 01:41:49 PM »

Despite all of Team fusions good intentions and hard work I also have to agree with Madog on this one

Cheers Dakpilot
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 24 queries.