Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New objects by MURDOC  (Read 10360 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: New objects by MURDOC
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 03:57:10 AM »

hooray! thanks Pete :D

There are issues with the damage models on these but I have sent a link to MURDOC and Max, hopefully either of those can sort out what I cannot. ;)

I had a operation on Monday so any projects I have are on hold for the moment, hopefully I will be able to pick them up again soon, these were done
over a week ago.

All the best, Pete. ;D

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 04:20:04 AM »

no rush at all, mate - i'm just happy to hear they're getting their own slots :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 03:58:35 AM »

Hello guys, here are two more vehicles I am working on that were made by Dima and were sent to me by MURDOC. ;)

The original intention was just to make slots for each vehicle, however, as you can see there were a couple of issues. ???

These are basically armoured cars with twin turrets and are named Mgebrov_Dual and Reno_Dual.  The Mgebrov has square wheels,
not readily apparent in this image, and as you see the Reno was trying to hide. :o

I managed to get the Reno into Gmax and sort out the orientation so that it stood above ground and went in the right direction.

There was a problem with the texture though at first once the oriention was corrected. :'(

This I was able to map properly for the moving vehicle and the dead version which also came with the model.

I have also now added the shadow, collision and dust meshes to the original.

Stationaries, the shadow on the Reno and the squared wheels of the Mgebrov seen here.

I had a problem with the damage model at first,  it would only appear on the stationary not the moving version.

The main vehicle would be left intact and would reduce my 4.12 game to a slide show.

After much trial and error I eventualy found the problem was due to how I had set up the vehicle in the java and technics.

The vehicle would not fire the guns or behave like any kind of weapon so I changed it into a ordinary car and all was well.

Here you see the stationary and moving vehicle destroyed, sorry about the damage texture, I do not have the same ability as
the usual suspects here when it comes to textures.

From what I see in other vehicles the model would appear to need a turret and gun seperating from the main model
so that it will become a offensive weapon, so for now it just moves and dies.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 11:50:51 AM »

Nice job you made there Pete, thank you, but do not over work yourself.

Like I mentioned before in another post, damaged vehicles do not have to have a new 3d-model
for them. It can be done using the normal model with some added alfa-channel damage to
parts of the vehicle. A damage texture and painted details also go along way to make any
model look nicely damaged or burned.
This way you will cut down on the time you need to work on these models,
and you will not always need an extra 3d-model in your game just for the damaged version of the
armored car.

Its up to you, but no need to overwork yourself with so much Java and work.
Because there are still many other vehicles that need their own slots for the game to be
worked on. An example would be Gio´s 3 new APC armored cars. They are replacing other vehicle slots
which those old vehicles really need to be in the game. They should not be replaced.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 02:38:01 PM »

Hello Max, this particular vehicle actually had the damaged model already made for it, seemed a shame not to use it. ;)

Because it needed to be reorientated and so much of the necesary meshes had not been added to this particular vehicle it gave me the chance to explore just what was required to make these things work, in reality I would guess quite a few of the meshes are not actually needed.

As you will have seen with the previous set I sent you I just usually use a copy of the existing model for the dead part, primarily to stop the freezing in my sim that I get if I do not do that.

Have you had time to take a look at those I sent you Max, did you get them running in your sim ok?

Is there anything you can do with them or should I just release them here as they are?

It would certainly be beneficial and save a lot of work if textures could do the job instead, things like that I need to learn about, sadly there is so little information available to aid any would be builder as to how best to go about making these vehicles, KevinP's buildings tutorial has got me this far with these as well as opening up things in existing mods and transfering them into Gmax to see what they are made of.

If there are any vehicles you need slots for you will have to make a list, I will see what I can do.  Making the slot seems relatively straight forward for vehicles compared to aircraft, it is the rest that has me pulling my hair out in frustration, it certainly gives you an appreciation of what people have to go through to bring the objects we use into the sim.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 07:42:30 PM »

I guess they are good to post Pete. No problem with my version, Thank you so much,
but you need to post them so other people test them in their game version.

Each one of us has a modded game that is diferent from the rest.
So, maybe they do not work in other people game because they have another mod which
may cause conflict with these.
More people must test them in their game.
Only then can we say for sure if they are really 100%.
I am sure they will get the A-OK-100% Stamp of approval from everyone! :)

Cheers
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 04:33:48 AM »

Hello Max, thank you very much for testing them, it is greatly appreciated. 8)

Here is a link to all the vehicles I have shown in this thread:

https://www.mediafire.com/?sbc4kybrv3q3yok

They are WIP and so have problems, hopefully in time, myself or others will be able to bring them to completion. ;)

Any thoughts or advice on bringing these up to standard would be greatly appreciated.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 02:58:25 AM »

Thanks a lot mate! Its really good to have so many realistic ww1 armored cars at once. :)
I started to update the textures a bit, I'm gonna post them soon here.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 06:09:27 AM »

Thanks a lot mate! Its really good to have so many realistic ww1 armored cars at once. :)
I started to update the textures a bit, I'm gonna post them soon here.

You have MURDOC to thank for that, he sent the vehicles to me to make the slots, he and Dima had done all the hard work already. ;)

I am looking forward to seeing your art on these little beauties Istvan. 8)

I have taken a look through other vehicle packs here at SAS and they all appear different in the way they are put together, some have
actual dead 3d models while others including the extracted 1C vehicles I have seem to be as Max does it with textures, all vey confusing. ???

I think I like the way Max does things, I just need to understand quite how he does it.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 01:42:23 PM »

Hello guys, progress with arming this vehicle is proving to be a little troublesome. :(

I first of all seperated the centre turret from the main model in gmax and saved it as a seperate file.

I managed to get it up and running as a turret but there were issues with the orientation.

I never actually managed to sort that out satisfactorily although the gun was operational, however, the bullets came straight ahead and not at the angle of the guns.

I also tried to set it up with the two guns as seperate turrets, sadly not really a goer as it seems that the sim only actually allows one weapon to fire.

I abandoned that and tried to set up the rear cannon turret instead, again removing the necessary parts.

This again gave orientation problems which try as I may could not fully resolve.

I was able to actually get all objects in the correct place on the vehicle, however, when I applied the hook to allow
the weapon to fire it pushed the turret off to one side. ???

I have tried altering all the pivot points and adjusting the coordinate values but all I try is to no avail. :'(

It may be that the sim only allows guns to fire forwards and backwards, although this did appear to fire to the side in the
direction the cannon is pointing.

The only thing left to try is having the turret and cannon facing rearwards, trouble with that is I have noticed on one
of the other vehicles that it fires backwards even with no enemy there. :o

If that works it may be possible though just to set up the vehicle as a piece of artiller, but if even that fails then I am
sorry to say it will have to remain just as a unarmed car.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 26 queries.